Online BT Campaign

Pages: 1
Natan
06/12/03 10:25 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
If you are at all interested in the board game Battletech and would like to play it online with others, then please respond to this post. I run Battletech Succession Wars (www.ascelon.net/bsw) , an almost ready site devoted to organizing campaigns for BT. We use a computer program called Megamek that simulates the BT board game to play. If you wanna check that out, it's a free download at megamek.com Right now, we're trying to start a campaign of Liao invading a Davion world in the contested Chaos March (Bred For War time period.)We could use players, testers, people w/ ideas for game mechanics, or anything else you have to offer. If any of this sounds interesting at all, please respond to this post or even better, contact me. My AIM is "da1andonlychacha" and my e-mail is bswnatan@hotmail.com
Dog
06/13/03 04:32 AM

Yeah You!

Too bad I never got past Level1 play, otherwise I might be interested. I like what you're doing though, probably easier to find a couple guys on computers at the same time that play then to find a couple guys in your neighborhood willing to play

Dog
Least around me it seems.
ChalengerII
06/15/03 12:59 PM

I'll join up

I'm not to up on the novel what year is the campagn and will you be allowing customs?

Challenger
Natan
06/15/03 03:06 PM

If you want to join up, it is required that you have AIM. you can dl it at aim.com i believe. my sn is da1andonlychacha we can talk through any questions you may have. the campaign is set in 3057 in the Chaos March, and for right now no customs are being allowed. however, that may change as time goes on. also, my e-mail is bswnatan@hotmail.com if you need that. the website is http://bsw.ascelon.net not everything is currently on the page but forums are up and rules and most of the shop; and the join form should be up real soon.
ChalengerII
06/16/03 08:35 AM

My email is ciurrently shot unfortunatly. So I don't know if it will be working when I need it (its on and off)

What is AIM?

Challenger
Natan
06/16/03 10:37 AM

AIM is "AOL Instant Messenger" which is actually not the IM service you get w/ AOL. We need a common communication program for our people, so that's it. you can go to www.aim.com and download it there. Also, it would be good if you have a basic understanding of how the BT board game works. You can learn pretty quick, but it helps to know.
ChalengerII
06/16/03 04:07 PM

I'll look into the AOL messenger thing

As to the rules I've been playing around a year now so no problems there. Just the campaign rules I need to read up on.

Thanks
Challenger
Dog
06/21/03 05:30 AM

PS if you don't care for AIM try Tillian it handles ICQ, AIM, Yahoo, IRC, MSMessenger in one application.
Natan
06/22/03 04:58 PM

Challenger, if you're interested in playing, I need you to e-mail marshall@ascelon.net and tell him if your e-mail isn't working then you need to get either AIM (www.aim.com) or that Tillian thing Dog was talking about. I might even look into that. IM "TheVariegator" and tell him you want to play. You can work things out w/ him. Pretty soon a join form should be up on the site http://bsw.ascelon.net you will need to somehow turn that in. BTW, if you're having e-mail trouble you might want to look into a new account w/ hotmail or yahoo or someone. I'm going to be gone for 3 weeks, so I won't be around to read any replies to this post.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4998

Contact Admins Sarna.net