History

Pages: 1
Rudiger
07/03/03 11:09 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Does any one know any good sites to get the history of FASA, and other general information about it and the BattleTech Universe?

Any and all help will be much appreciated!!
Thanks
Rudiger
Someone
07/04/03 09:04 AM

http://www.classicbattletech.com <--- good site with BTech history and more.
Travel to the end of world and take one footstep into the oblivion and you shall find me there.
CrayModerator
07/04/03 10:41 AM

www.classicbattletech.com

From the front page, you have a huge list of options that lead you to the histories of the universe in general and specific factions under the headings of "Clans" "Inner sphere" and "Periphery."
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Nightward
07/05/03 11:31 PM

The short answer is "you're already there"

If you wander back to www.sarna.net/btech and scroll down the page, you'll see a list of links and articles hosted by Slayer. The archives have been down for a while, but they're back now.

Welcome to the board.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Rudiger
07/07/03 01:44 AM

Thanks, all the information on that web site will do just fine (www.classicbattletech.com). Any way what about some background on FASA, the actual organization. I'm after things like names of people/places and some date's would be good, this would be considered additioanal info.
Nightward
07/08/03 06:34 AM

LOL...here goes:

In the beginning, FASA was a small company run by gamers, for gamers. Over time, the inevitable happened and it all went downhill.

FASA was staffed and run by some of the stupidest people on the face of the planet. They didn't listen too much to the fans, and they completey failed to take advantage of cross-promoting BT with the various computer games (Crescent Hawk's Revenge, MechWarrior, MechCommander) and also was caught sleeping after the TV series went moderately well.

These bad business procedures finally caught up with them a few years ago (2001, I believe) and the company filed for bankrupcy.

Most of the FASA staff gravitated towards FanPro, a German company that now owns the rights for ShadowRun and BattleTech, among other FASA games.

The head honchos from the BattleTech line wound up at WhizKidz, where they started the new MechWarrior clicky-tech stuff.

Again, CBT has some background info on FASA, as, I believe, would the FanPro and WhizKidz sites.

That's all I know. Cray, Karagin, and Bob might know more, though; or Slayer, too, if you can get a hold of him.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 82 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4001

Contact Admins Sarna.net