Battlespace Master List

Pages: 1
Lancer
07/28/03 12:56 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Quick question. Is there, or has anyone ever created a "master" list of all the Battlespace ships in use? Or something similar to but an expanded version of the Battlespace Technical Manual? Or would the "CLASSIC BATTLETECH TECHNICAL READOUT: 3057, REVISED" cover what I'm looking for?

Edited by Lancer (07/28/03 01:03 PM)
CrayModerator
07/28/03 07:21 PM

Several books, at least including Dropships and Jumpships, have mentioned there are hundreds of dropship designs in use - far more than ever show up in any tech readout or sourcebook, and quite a few jumpship designs are out there, too. This isn't touching on all the hundreds or thousands of shuttle variants, small craft, etc.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
NathanKell
07/28/03 10:55 PM

I believe MacAttack (aka David McCulloch) did one up, when he was helping Rick make HMA. I don't have it saved; you could PM him on CBT (as I don't recall his being here recently), as he probably still has a copy.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
CrayModerator
07/29/03 06:35 AM

Oh, hey, maybe the Faction Project list covers all canon aerospace vehicles. It's getting pretty complete, I think.

www.cs.wisc.edu/~lacasse/factionlist/

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Lancer
07/29/03 11:21 AM

Clay, they've put alot of time into that Faction Project and I'll spend some time going through it. What I think Im gonna do is grab the REVISED 3057 and start from there; maybe build a list for those who don't have/get it.
CrayModerator
07/29/03 01:42 PM

Cray, not Clay.

When is TR:3057-Rev due out?

Lancer
07/29/03 03:36 PM

Thought I changed that, sorry. It's due out sometime this fall.
NathanKell
07/30/03 07:16 PM

Clay is a complement. Ever played Independence War?
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
NathanKell
07/30/03 07:17 PM

AFAIK Faction List is based on what factions have what released units. It doesn't cover apocryphal or only-mentioned-in-passing units...
Thomas Jefferson
Bob_Richter
07/30/03 10:08 PM

No, I'm sorry Nate. Clay is very cool, but Cray is much cooler.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
CrayModerator
07/31/03 06:08 AM

Well, I'm blushing at the compliments. Something about me deemed "cool."

No, I haven't played Independence War. Haven't heard of it, actually. Got a link?

Lancer
07/31/03 12:10 PM

I tried it when it first came out, but got caught up in the flight sim world. At the time I thought it was very cool.
NathanKell
07/31/03 12:21 PM

www.independencewar.com
Independence War (I-War in Europe), its expansion pack Defiance, and the sequel Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos.

Newtonian physics!
And great stories, and good graphics (1, for its time; 2, still good). You command a ~300m corvette, which is somewhere between a fighter and a warship in maneuverability/role.
Besides which, they're very fun.
And there's a dynamic campaign, Elite/Frontier/FFE-style (basically, a major rewrite of the game) in the works as a mod (Epic: Dogs of War).

And, after that's released, we at Battletech Mod Productions will be making a BT mod for it.

Oh, and there's also a Babylon 5 total conversion (complete with graphics, interface, campaing /with voice and cutscenes/, etc.).

Oh, and there's a beanstalk in the intro to IW1. That alone...
Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8228

Contact Admins Sarna.net