Battlemechs in space.

Pages: 1
Krynn
08/08/03 08:20 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I remember somewhere seeing rules for mechs in space but forgot where and trying to look myself has produced nothing.

Please anyone that knows please tell me where the rules are.
All I can say is www.neveron.de
tgsofgc
08/09/03 03:04 AM

This is the only direct rule stuff I know...
Batlespace Battletech turn conversions, 6 bs to 1 bt
Void damage rules from mrules,
The combat drop rules from battlespace pg 37-38 This talks about rolls to avoid burning up, fall damage, disposable mech jump packs, and mentions space drop vessles
I also recall somewhere reading that mechs must be specially recalibrated for space combat, or else most weapon systems are all but useless. This includes ballistic systems, except gauss, and missile systems.
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
NathanKell
08/09/03 03:27 AM

Explorer Corps
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Krynn
08/09/03 11:25 AM

hmm i dont have that one. Whats the movement rules for a mech in space like droped right from a drop ship and fighting next to it.

Also What about LAMs, I know in fighter mode a phalk is 6/9, now in airmech mode in an atmosphere it jumps 18, no way can it move 18 in airmech mode and only 9 in fighter mode.
tgsofgc
08/09/03 03:29 PM

Hmm I dont have that book either, but rememeber that in Airmech mode it is basically making big jumps, whil in fighter mode it is acting like a fighter. To this end I would imagine that you treat the fighter mode like it has thrust and overthrust, while you would treat the airmech like a mech with big jump.
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
NathanKell
08/10/03 12:08 AM

Gah, let me dig up ExpCorps.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Krynn
08/10/03 02:40 AM

TY so much, no one here or in the neveron forum has been able to give me a real answer. TY for looking it up, I look forward to knowing.
Sherherazade
08/14/03 11:22 AM

Updated versions appear in Combat Ops too.
Chris Hartford
NathanKell
08/15/03 10:15 PM

Sorry, the big power outage set me back...but don't give up on me!
Thomas Jefferson
NathanKell
08/18/03 12:43 PM

http://nathankell.freeyellow.com/Battletech/Mechs%20in%20BS.zip

A bit too long to type.
Thomas Jefferson
Bansee
08/26/03 11:34 AM

Do not forget that when LAMs were first ill-conceived, i mean...Scale has alot to do with this, in fighter mode it is no longer on the groung but in the air, origionaly one air hex was one mapsheet and in space a world fit in a hex...but its gravity wells extended for like six or seven, now theres scale for ya!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 36 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5443

Contact Admins Sarna.net