Favorites:

Pages: 1
tgsofgc
08/30/03 02:37 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Thought I'd make a nice quaint thread where we all can express some opinions, and maybe get to know each other a lil better. This abut your favorites from the lore (note not custom):
1. Whats is your favorite Mercenary Unit?
2. What is your favorite House?
3. What is your favorite Clan?
4. Whom is your favorite personality?
5. What is your favorite unit?

To start everyone off and give an example I'll list mine:
1. Battle Magic-
They have an awesome logo, they emphasize brains over braun, and they are one of the smallest (military wise) of the official merc units. Personally I love the underdog and for reasons beyond my comprehension have always felt a special connection with the support side of things.
2. House Davion (FedCom):
Who doesn't love the white knight, with an emphasis on science, and excelent use of tactics. They also make (or made...) the most and best use of mercenaries.
3. Blood Spirit:
They don't have the massive advantages of the other clans, and in many ways are an underdog. Also they remain true to clan ideals with out rushing to invasion. finally they have all the makings for a second exodus.
4. Daniel W. Allard:
A mercenary related to the greatest spy in inner sphere history. Also his impressive adventures in a light mech while surviving and leading one of the premier mercenary units of the clan years (the Kell Hounds).
5. Berserker:
Its not amazing, but it sets out to do something and does it. Namely when in a berserker you can venture into the heat of virtually any battle and begin dealing damage that puts most mechs to shame. Plus its the biggest mech with a melee weapon, duh.
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Nightward
09/03/03 05:02 PM

To be honest, this forum doesn't see much use; you'd probably be better off re-posting it on the General Discussion forum. But, since we're here now:

1. The Black Thorns. By a million miles. Led by an ex Northwind Highlander, ex-Com Guard veteran of Tukayyid who also happened to kick arse on Solaris. Plus they hand the Jade Falcons, Smoke Jaguars, and Nova Cats their heads, so what's not to like

2. The Draconis Combine. I really like the Japanese culture.

3. The original Wolf Clan, pre-Refusal War. I'm slowly warming to Khan Vladimir Ward, though. I used to be a die-hard Warden, but these days I feel more aggressive. I also like the Blood Spirits, Hell's Horses, and the Star Adders, though.

4. Lots. ilKhan Ulric Kerensky, Khan Natasha Kerensky, Anastasius Focht, Jeremiah Rose, and Theodore Kurita head the list, though.

5. The Timber Wolf. 5/8 and 75 tons, with dazzling weapons systems and great armour. I also like its smaller cousin, the Cauldron-Born.

If only the Timber Wolf had an Ultra A/C-20 variant...
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
WreckingCrew
09/03/03 11:08 PM

Favorite Merc Unit:

McCarron's Armored Cavalry: pre-house integration. Audacity, combined with strong tactics and pure chaos.

Favorite House:
Kurita. I find it amazing that during the outset of the 4th succession war the 3 major opposing leaders to steiner/davion were having either a stroke/heart attack or going insane. What an amazing and convenient coincidence to the davion/steiner military successes.

Favorite Clan: none. Not a fan of the clans who should have wiped the floor of the inner sphere from the outset. Too technologically advanced and better warriors.

Favorite Personality:
Theodore Kurita. Tactical/Strategic genius combined with doing what is in the best interest of his realm.

Favorite Unit:
Genyosha. Bushido to the extreme.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2860

Contact Admins Sarna.net