09/11

Pages: 1
Red_Jack_Ryan
09/11/03 03:12 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Today take time to remember those who have died for freedom. Also honor those who fight for that freedom today in foreing lands.

FOR THE TWINS!
"Death is not the worst than can happen to men." Plato
davion76
09/11/03 04:39 PM

I disagree. We should not take particular time on this day to remember those who died for freedom or those fighting for it today any more than any other day. That is what July 4th and Memorial Day are for.

Today should be a day for introspection and thought about the price of freedom. Freedom has its costs. Innocents will occasionally die, as a free society is a less secure one. Is it worth it? I believe so. And I know many other people think so. Let us think about freedom and defending it from all sources of oppression. Both foreign and domestic (including restricting laws that could be passed by congress). Not all threats to freedom come with a bang. Giving the government too much power is exactly what allowed the roman republic become the roman empire and then decend into the feudalism of the dark ages.
Dog
09/12/03 04:11 AM

Since its now 9/12 thought i'd say that our perceptions of what to do on 9/11 are different across the country. However I personally feel that looking back and remembering all those that die is counter productive. We should be looking forward and supporting those currently engaged in our interest of freedom. As said before we already have a memorial day.

Dog
You must be aware of the bad to recognize the good.
Red_Jack_Ryan
09/12/03 03:40 PM

Both of your asessments are true. This statment was made for remebering why we are at war now and what purpose that war is for.
"Death is not the worst than can happen to men." Plato
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 163 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3447

Contact Admins Sarna.net