Question regarding Unit Size

Pages: 1
mbdeyes
09/13/03 09:09 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
This might sound like a stupid question, but I'm trying to create a couple of units, and I'm not real sure on the average size of each division. Here's what I've figured out about the heirarchy from the books so far: Innersphere: Unit-Regiment-Battalion-Company-Lance

It seems (from looking at the Fed Suns Sourcebook) that the number of Regiments in a unit are fluid, but, on average, how many Battalions make a regiment, Companies make a Battalion, etc.? And what is the Clan equivalent?
Or you can just point me toward whatever resource I seem to be missing.... Thanks.
Nightward
09/14/03 08:34 PM

1 Lance = 4 Units (Infantry Platoon, 'Mechs, Tanks) or 2 AeroSpace Fighters
Company = 3 Lances (aka: Flight for ASF's)
Battalion = 3 Companies (aka: Wing for ASF's)
Regiment = 3+ Battalions.

Most Regiments are 3 Battalions in size, though some "Regiments", like the Capellan Confederation Warrior Houses have as few as one Company and some Regiments like the Draconis Combine's Sword of Light have 4 Battalions. 4 is the largest I've ever seen called a "Regiment", though.

Larger formations, such as Divisions or Regimental Combat Teams also exist, but those are detailed in the seperate house books. Usuallu the main concern is the 'Mech Regiment and the other units are just attached as sidekicks to them.

The Clans operate around a base of 5.

1 Mech, 2 ASF's, 2 Vehicles, 5 Elementals, 25 Infantry = 1 Point
5 Points = 1 Star
2 Stars = 1 Binary
3 Stars = 1 Trinary
3-8 Binaries/Trinaries = 1 Cluster
2-8 Clusters = 1 Galaxy

But it should also be noted that the Clans pair a Star of 'Mechs with a Star of Elementals to form Novas. Two Novas are a Binary Supernova; three Novas are a Trinary Supernova.

Hpe that helped. Welcome to the board.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
mbdeyes
09/14/03 09:13 PM

Thanks, that does help. I've played Btech on and off for some time, but it's just been a couple of guys setting up their favourite mechs at each end of a random map. Now I want to stage a major offensive on a new planet, whether anyone else helps me out or not!!!

Check this out to see a 3d model of the planet:
wmv file of Marc's World
or
Marc's World map (featureless)
Nightward
09/15/03 06:36 AM

No worries. Give them what for, lousy planet-stealing scum
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
tgsofgc
09/15/03 03:01 PM

Thought I'd add in a little I remember from the clan source books to, namely from the blood spirits entry:
Traditional cluster organization (though it has generally been abandonned by most the clans) follows:
3 mech trinaries
1 vehicle trinary
1 infantry trinary (could be elementals)

just in case any one cares...
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
mbdeyes
09/16/03 01:57 AM

Yeah, and I found that a Lance of Armour (tanks) in the Taurian Defense Force consists of two mandibles, which in turn consist of 3 tanks for a total of 6 per lance. There will always be exceptions.
Nightward
09/16/03 04:09 AM

And the less said about the way the Com Guard do things, the better. Urg.

widowmaker
09/16/03 04:14 AM

What's wrong with the number 6? :*)
widowmaker

What's your dice fetish?
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 90 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5034

Contact Admins Sarna.net