BT ED 2 or MW ED 3?

Pages: 1
Shadow_Hunter
09/27/03 12:20 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Ok I have my pick from battletech second ed or Mechwarriors third ed, Whats the best out of the two and whats diffrent. I want somthing more old style and my friend suggested I get BT ED 2 . Just wondering whats everyones comment here about the diffrence between the two.
widowmaker
09/27/03 02:34 AM

BT 2 ed. is the battletech board game, complete with (I believe) pop-out stand-up mechs, dice, the rule book, and the basic map. It uses level 1 tech (i.e. 3025 era). It's also old, out-of-print, and valuable to collectors, if it's in good condition.

Mechwarrior 3 ed. is a role-playing game based on the BT Universe where one can play a Mech jock if one chooses, or one can play a techie, a mechanic, a 'Mech-anic, a tanker, an aerospace fighter pilot, a jumpship pilot, a merchant, a bookie... you get the idea. It is current, in print, and based around the 3060 era.

Hope that helps.
widowmaker

What's your dice fetish?
CrayModerator
09/27/03 06:43 AM

Battletech 2nd edition? The old boxed game released in 1986 or so?

Mechwarrior 3rd edition is a roleplaying game like Dungeons and Dragons. It takes the mechwarrior out of the mech and let's him be a person rather than another item in a giant killer robot. It does not have rules for building mechs or having them fight. That's covered in Battletech.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3082

Contact Admins Sarna.net