Clantech Information

Pages: 1
tgsofgc
11/09/03 08:58 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Ok I was working on developing my own technological timeline for the clans involving graduated advances over star league era tech. The first thing I need though is some timeline specifics especially about the peices of tech i know were published with dates.
So if you could please reply with dates and specifics mentioned concerning earlier clan tech, such as omni tech, elementals, etc. Please don't both listing things from the 3060s like protomechs. Also if possibly please list the name and date of the earliest (in the clan timeline) secondline or primitive mech fasa has published.
These should really help me establish in my mind what technology the clans had to have when without rewriting the modern cannon entirely.
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
CrayModerator
11/09/03 08:39 PM

Quote:

Ok I was working on developing my own technological timeline for the clans involving graduated advances over star league era tech. The first thing I need though is some timeline specifics especially about the peices of tech i know were published with dates.

Most everything was invented by 2850, IIRC. Between then and 3050, the Clans just sat on their butts and twiddled their thumbs. The Clan system of "war" does not encourage innovation.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
widowmaker
11/11/03 08:07 AM

The only three items I've been able to pin down to specific years are the OmniMech (Clan Coyote; prototype: Feb, 2853; production: Aug, 2854), the elemental battle suit (Clan Wolf, 2868), and genetically modified Elemental warriors (Hell's Horses, 2870). As to when all the other improvements were made, most should take place during the Golden Century (roughly 2834-2950).

Hope that helps.
widowmaker

What's your dice fetish?
tgsofgc
11/11/03 04:08 PM

Quite a bit, thanks!
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
Avanti's Angels, 3058
widowmaker
11/13/03 03:43 AM

If you've got the cash to spend, 'The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky' has a comparative timeline in it that covers everything from the death of Richard Cameron to the withdrawal of the Steel Vipers from the Inner Sphere. It's interesting to see what was happening in the Kerensky Cluster side-by-side with the progress of the Succession Wars.
widowmaker

What's your dice fetish?
Silenced_Sonix
11/15/03 05:24 AM

Here's to questions I'd like some help with - I'm writing a short piece about an ex-Smoke Jaguar MechWarrior, and need to know the following:

- exactly when Clan Smoke Jagaur was effectively disbanded(destroyed) by the SLDF
- when the Enhanced Imaging systems became available to the clans

Thanks !
Evolve or Die
tgsofgc
11/15/03 05:51 AM

1) FM:Crusader Clans pg 7 side bar fall of two clans "...like so much chaff a decade ago, by August of 3059 smashed most of the Smoke Jaguar military in a lightning strike against the Jaguar Occupation Zone-..."
2)Well as far as i am aware this is more of a grey area:
TRO:3060 pg 188 The Breakthrough "...was the advent of enhanced imaging (EI). Around the time of Operation Revival, clan scientists had developed the EI system..." FM:Crusader Clans pg 114 The Invasion Years "...gave the goahead for the invasion. The decision made, the clans began to plan for what they called Operation Revival, and took steps to see..." So i guess around the time of the clan invasion around 3050-3051
Thats the best I could do, hope it helps.
Avanti's Angels, 3058
widowmaker
11/17/03 05:14 AM

Not sure about 'effectively', but the last vestiges of Clan Smoke Jagauar were destroyed in the Great Refusal, April 23, 3060, on Strana Mechty. Victor Steiner-Davion led the unit that faced the last Jaguar Binary, and at the end of the battle, after a brief conversation with Lincoln Osis, he beheaded Osis in self-defense, killing the last Jaguar warrior and completing the Annihilation of the Jaguar warrior caste.

As for EI, TR:3060 lists it being developed around the time of Operation Revival (i.e. the Invasion), so I'd put it somewhere around 3045-3050. No specific dates are mentioned, so just wing it.
widowmaker

What's your dice fetish?
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 46 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5888

Contact Admins Sarna.net