Old Board Questions

Pages: 1
tgsofgc
11/12/03 08:22 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Well I've been digging through some really old posts, especially in the design board, and I was wondering about something. Did the "hostilies" between Karagin and Bob start in the Tigerhawk post? I know its moot at this point, but hey I'm curious.
The old post in question
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Grizzly
11/12/03 11:51 AM

I honestly don't know if that was the start or not... They both have strong opinions and tend to butt heads because neither one wants to back away from their own perspective. I respect that in both of them, they stick to their guns. It can make for some interesting reading.... but it can be frustrating as well. I just try to stay on eveyone's good side.
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
phoenix
11/12/03 06:28 PM

I just looked at the date on that post and I can tell you they had disagreements long before that. I can remember them arguing from atleast '99
Phoenix
Nightward
11/12/03 10:09 PM

Dude. Karagin and Bob argue a lot. I think they both secretly enjoy it, but won't admit it. Both of them have blind faith in their opinions and will fight to the death to defend them. That being said, they seem to be doing OK (or, at least, much better) these days. Even if we don't see them much any more. I believe Bob is now a Moderator over at CBT. I haven't seen Karagin anywhere for a while, but then, I loathe the CBT site; too many n3w8s who think that having ma copy of the BMR makes them some sort of BT God, qualified to flame anything that moves...
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
tgsofgc
11/12/03 10:17 PM

Heh yeah they are/were a couple of characters (not in a necessarily bad way). Its hilarious to read all these 2 year old pots that go on for like 50 replys and 30-40 of them are just those two trading insults and repeating the same three lines. Gosh I wish this board would get more active again. Even the arguement posts were at least something.
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
Avanti's Angels, 3058
phoenix
11/13/03 12:42 AM

I wish this site had a little more traffic too. It used to be THE place for Btech discussion. Once CBT opened up though everyone went running and screaming over to it.
Phoenix
mordel
11/13/03 12:58 AM

Quote:

I haven't seen Karagin anywhere for a while

Karagin is valiantly serving our country over in Iraq. He posts at my site from time-to-time.
Mordel Blacknight
Site Administrator
http://www.mordel.net
Grizzly
11/13/03 01:20 AM

Ahh, yes the "old flame wars"... very interesting... not just those two though....
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
tgsofgc
11/13/03 01:30 AM

but from as far back as I've read, its certainly mainly them.... Occassionally someone manages to "piss" off Cray, but that doesn't usually last long (well the arguement).
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Grizzly
11/13/03 01:46 AM

Ahh, young Grasshopper, you have missed many of the "classic' Sarna flame wars. Nic actually closed Sarna down for a little while cause of the FLAME WARS..and we got the new and improved Sarna (not complaining Nic, just an observation..) The heated discussions were not just Bob and Karagin... Not that I was around too much, can't remember when I started here, but it was before the current incarnation and back when CBT was Warner's own website, and before the "fall" of FASA... Ahh the old days... nah its nice to be modern...
Grizzly
11/13/03 01:48 AM

Ahh, the original Autocannon size post... that got interesting....
tgsofgc
11/13/03 01:50 AM

Hey can some (errr... actually one) of you guys that ventures out into the dark scary worl of other BT forums post my rather pointless design contest or a link to it in them. I'm really hoping to have more than just the munchmobile in it, . Its in the Design thread, its pretty long so if you are a link and a simple hey take a look at this design contest would be super cool.
Thanks in advance, even if no one can, or wants to.
Avanti's Angels, 3058
CrayModerator
11/13/03 05:45 AM

I think they predated that; I recall thinking during the thread, "Dang, here we go again."
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Edited by Cray (11/13/03 05:46 AM)
mordel
11/13/03 08:27 AM

I think every board on the planet has its share of flame wars. I remember going to a convention one weekend. I was gone for 4 days. I come back and my site has been shut down and the person hosting it informed me that verbal threats had been made and lawsuits threatened. What a mess that was. I've since got a handle on it. I don't tolerate flame wars anymore. Heated discussions, fine. But I keep a very close reign on them.
Mordel Blacknight
Site Administrator
http://www.mordel.net
tgsofgc
11/13/03 11:19 AM

Believe it or not I remember sarna back a long long time ago, I'm just new to the forums (lots of free time lately).
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Grizzly
11/13/03 02:01 PM

Oops... there I go again, making an idiot out of myself when I don't have to. I humbly apologize for this slight. No offense meant.
tgsofgc
11/13/03 03:23 PM

Heh, none taken.
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Spartan
11/17/03 12:32 AM

The start? I don't think there ever was A starting point. I think they just argued like some sort of ancient war between their ancestors flared up online through some channel neither of them knew about and it just spiraled out of control from there.

As far as the flame wars? Those were out of this world! I remember having to not come here for a little while(because of other issues) then came back and there are huge arguments over the not-named-poster and his/her fate and what it should be and then not long after that I came back from like a weeks abscence and the entire board was different with Nic's new rules posted at the top. Blew my mind.
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
tgsofgc
11/17/03 03:36 AM

Heh care to elaborate further? I love the drama, and unfortunately as far as I can tell the forums only archive till about 2 years ago.
Avanti's Angels, 3058
widowmaker
11/17/03 03:50 AM

I don't know all the dirty details, but I do know some things were posted that prompted another person to contact the FBI on grounds of terroristic threatening. Something about finding the person IRL. Pretty ugly overall.
widowmaker

What's your dice fetish?
Spartan
11/19/03 10:43 AM

Well, to be honest I don't really remember all the details.
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 10206

Contact Admins Sarna.net