question

Pages: 1
Ignorant_Savage
12/09/03 02:02 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
okay.... you guys seem to have some kind of way cool template or something to post ships here. and what's this "validated" thing all about? hook a fella up!
"Those who trade away essential freedoms for a little saftey deserve neither freedom or saftey."
- Benjamin Franklin
tgsofgc
12/09/03 03:23 AM

validated usually means the ship was built in a software application so that we know the numbers are right.
About the formatting I'd be willing to bet that said used system has a way of exporting the file in a .txt, or plain text, format. The they put copy and paste the text between code brakets as such:
Code:
  Your donkey ate my burrito.

The design program im not sure about, but again i'd bet it is associated with HMP.
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
CrayModerator
12/09/03 07:25 AM

That's the work of the official, FASA/Fanpro/Wizkids-approved design software, the Heavy Metal Series. I'm sure how the "validated" part works, but that gets stamped on all the designs.

Anyway, you can find out more about Heavy Metal Pro and Heavy Metal Aero at (surprise) www.heavymetalpro.com

And you can order your copies of the software straight from the site.

There are forums at the www.heavymetalpro.com where you can find out about the latest updates and new software (a MW3 character generator was in the works until the CBT:Companion released rules for battle armor construction, and now the BA software is in its beta phase.) And, of course, you can talk BT whether or not you own the software.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4114

Contact Admins Sarna.net