Questions on ProtoMechs

Pages: 1
Vicen_Korel
12/19/03 05:39 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
What is everyone else's ideas on protomechs? I find that their price to BV index can be in line with light mechs but they seem to suffer from either short range, limited ammo or no speed. anyone find a well mixed proto? also on the missile tubes, where do you roll to see how many missiles hit? say if i got a LRM 7 or SRM 3?
"Nothing sends your love like an ER PPC"
--Vicen Korel
Nightward
12/19/03 05:51 PM

The old rules used to be that you rolled onthe next-largest Missile table and disregarded results that indicated more missiles hit than were launched (ie, 3-Racks rolled on the SRM-4 table and disregarded "4" Hits). But now there are 3, 9, and 12 tables, so this is less of a problem.

IMO, the best ProtoMech is the Roc. It goes 5/8/5 (IIRC...I no longer remember if Protos can Run, but hey) and carries an ER Medium Laser. That's a pretty good deal.

The old version of the Centaur (LRM-3, SRM-2, Micro Laser) is also quite nice.

But yeah, most of them aren't that flash.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Vicen_Korel
12/22/03 12:50 PM

yes they can run. I made a nine tonner that was pretty nice. 5/8/3 max armor, no main gun, two LRM 2 and 2 Heavy Small Lasers, and enough ammo to get six shots out of both LRM. BV 219 Cost 849,960 credits.
"Nothing sends your love like an ER PPC"
--Vicen Korel
Diablo
12/27/03 06:06 PM

anyone else notice the harpy (2tons) is a great example of how elementals are not on par with mech scale equipment?
"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
CrayModerator
12/28/03 07:51 PM

Actually, IMO, the Roc blows the curve. Elementals do great. They have get more armor per ton, more shots per ton, more movement per ton, and more weapons per ton than battlemechs. I'd love to have Battle Armor weaponry available for battlemechs. Have you seen the BA weapon masses in CBT:Companion? Wow.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Shadowdancer
02/17/04 05:18 PM

OO ooo oo ooo!

*Puts hand in the air* Pick me!

I bought a star of 5 Siren Protomechs, just to annoy the other people in my play group.
They move 10/15, and each have a pair of Light Machine Guns. I called them my "Mobile LB-10X Cluster".

They were great for running up and scoring a CT Gyro critical on, say, a Dire Wolf. Another good use for them was to form a line along the Geohex in front of an advancing unit(s), effectively causing them to be blocked off for at least a turn (unless they jumped). I managed to trap a Vixen against a cliff doing this.

Protomechs (Sirens, anyway) rule.
Jesus built my Mad Cat.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5538

Contact Admins Sarna.net