Drawing Board issue

Pages: 1
NubGable
12/25/03 10:26 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
First post here, so bear with me.

Is there anyone else that has a problem wit hthe Drawing board disappearing in Windows XP? If so, is there a remedy?

Merry Whatever
What does it all mean?
Ghost
12/26/03 03:48 PM

Have you tried running it in compatability mode, either 98 or 95? That should allow it to work. The reason for disappearing is the program is crashing under XP. Sounds like a memory leak error.
Nightward
12/26/03 07:47 PM

I thought it was just me. The same thing happens to me, as well.

One of my friends suggested that XP may be opening the program window off the screen; I maxed the resolution out and went looking for it, but nojoy on that either. No compatability modes work, either.

This is weird, as it worked just fine on my XP computer, and still works on my friends. Now, however, I can't use TDB and it annoys me a great deal. Ah, well. Another reason to get HMP, I guess
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Deathshadow
12/26/03 09:46 PM

Right click on it's taskbar item, choose move. Press an arrow key, then try moving the mouse around wildly. The mouse is dragging it around offscreen, you just have to figure out WHERE offscreen. It's been moved WAY off screen, and changing resolution just pushes it further away..

You can also edit it's registry item, although the move/drag usually works well enough for me.
Kept my cool under lock and key,
and I never shed a tear,
another sign of my condidtion.
NubGable
12/26/03 10:40 PM

The "move" thing worked.

Thanks Deathshadow
What does it all mean?
Silenced_Sonix
12/27/03 01:06 PM

Anyone here know where I can re-download TDB 2.0.23? I have it atm, but there's something screwed with the BV tables, so none of my mechs have their BV worked out... anyone?
Evolve or Die
Ghost
12/27/03 01:26 PM

Go here: http://www.solaris7.org
It is under the Downloads Section. The site is for a Pbem and the only tool they use in The Drawing Board. There is the main file and update I believe. Let me know if you can't get it. I have it stashed on a hard drive someplace if you want it.
Silenced_Sonix
12/27/03 03:20 PM

They only have the 2.0.11 update - I'm looking for the 2.0.23 update. I know it's only a small file, so if anybody would perhaps post it for download here? (just the needed BV file, I think it's called bvdata.bin or something)
Evolve or Die
Nightward
12/28/03 07:31 PM

Deathshadow, you are teh pwn. It worked perfectly.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Deathshadow
12/28/03 11:50 PM

Check out Medrons site, PRI. He has a copy there.

http://www.pryderockindustries.com

I like the XML output (which Megamek can read)... I wish HMP had XML output.
Kept my cool under lock and key,
and I never shed a tear,
another sign of my condidtion.
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 115 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7056

Contact Admins Sarna.net