Online games?

Pages: 1
McKennsy
10/27/02 11:29 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I just got my new computer and as looking to return to some online games.

I know that Apprentice has been killed off by Wizards, but can anyone tell me more about the ccgworkshop system.

How many people are using it?. Do they have all the sets online yet?.Anyone up for a game if I download the software?.

Champion, you were the one who was always raving on about online gaming, can you help me?.

Cheers,

McKennsy.
ChampionofSolaris
10/27/02 09:38 PM

McKennsy,
go to ccgworksho.com and follow the instructions for installing the basic structure (XML core service, parser etc) then download the actual program. Once you do that you need to go to image downloader and downlaod all the images for the cards. Bugladen has all the card images and GML fiinished but he has lots of other games working on so I hope that the rest of the sets are released with the next month. As it is Sillywis is enjoying building neat decks using just the first two expansions and there is usally 4-8 guys in the main lobby looking to play.
cheers,
CoS
"An empty AC/20 is little better than a Club"
McKennsy
10/30/02 07:10 PM

Cheers for the info Champ.

I've downloaded the gngine and was trying to download the images but it was taking a "long" time. The site says its best played with a 128 modem, however I only have your common or garden variety 56 modem. Will this be a problem for playing the games online?.

When I get things sorted out we have to have a game sometime.

Cheers,

Mc Kennsy.
sillywiz
11/07/02 12:11 PM

yeah, takes a long time to initially down load the images. (Personally I did mine at work and just took them home and copied them into the appropriate folder)

It is slow on a 56K, but playable. Apprentice is quicker, but CCG is built for BT not magic.

And yeah I am having fun creating a variety of fun decks, not just ghost bear or decks anyone can win with or broke the game.

Regards

Sillywiz
Bearer
11/14/02 08:29 AM

Bummer about it being so slow on a 56K modem. Which platform do you prefer Sillywiz?

Can I take you up on the offer of burning a CD for the engine? Can burn ya some Maiden in return.

Regards,
Bearer
"Respect my atoratay!"
sillywiz
12/03/02 03:46 AM

Bummer about it being so slow on a 56K modem. Which platform do you prefer Sillywiz?

Apprentice is a bit faster, but still buggy, cos it was designed for Magic.

gEngine, also includes the chat / who is online so you don't need trillian and a load of messaging software. The Optimiser is useful for the card rotation. gEngine will also include ratings etc and therefore has much more potential. Trouble is it is a little slow on a 56K, my advice is close everything else down and play and see how you go. Failing that, broadband will be available soon!

Can I take you up on the offer of burning a CD for the engine? Can burn ya some Maiden in return.

Actually I'd like you to make a donation to Bugladen on his site (ccgworkshop) and i'll send the CD etc free of charge.

Regards

Sillwyzi
BANZAI
12/21/03 07:56 PM

I'm a little late on this one....
Orin_Omega
01/22/04 08:16 PM

Could anybody help me out a little. The "new users" part of the ccgworkshop.com site seems to not work correctly. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?
Orin Omega
------------------
Fight until you can fight no longer. Fight until there's nothing left. Then.....fight some more.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 10992

Contact Admins Sarna.net