mini collection costs

Pages: 1
JStallion
02/01/04 11:55 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
how much have u guys spent on your collections? i dont know whether to get into the board game or not because i dont know anyone around me who plays and because of their cost(can always sell them on ebay if i dont find anything to do with them). so just wondering how much u guys would say uve spent so far
MadJackal
09/20/04 03:03 PM

Well, generally, no BattleMech miniature ever cost me more than about $10. I bought them at a local hobby shop. While I know some people who own literally hundreds of minis of all types (BattleMechs, vehicles, aircraft, infantry, etc.), I personally never bought that many. I have about thirty 'Mechs, thirty Elementals, some ProtoMechs, and some vehicles. Most of the local tournaments that I played in never allowed large numbers of 'Mechs for each person, and since I'm a student short on money, that meant that I should simply choose a few 'Mechs that I really liked and focus on using them in battle. Also, when I played with my friends, we never used more than a trinary each because the huge battles take a long time to complete. So, while others probably have spent more on their collections, I have probably spent around $300 on it total, spread out over several years.
Of course, you can't really put a cap on your mini budget, because they are very fun to build and paint, and you will want to get more so that you can continue what will become an entertaining hobby. Using your miniatures in games is only half the fun. Modeling them is the other half. You'll take pride in your minis and it will enhance the game experience as you watch your newly painted minis smash your opponent's forces.
I've kind of rambled, but I hope that I've been able to help!
"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." -Sun-Tzu
Cypher41
10/28/04 07:29 AM

Over $4000 thanks to a large number of EBay purchases
villagereaver
03/11/05 04:06 AM

I have spent about $6k on figs. About 500 hours painting, and $800 on books. Thanks for keeping me overseas 60 of 82 months Uncle Sam. Semper Fidelis! And a special shout out to the ex-wife who made 25% of my figs dissapear. <Insert nasty misogynistic imprecation here!>
Death to all BT and MW authors. For they are the bane of all that is good about the genre!

Edited by villagereaver (03/11/05 04:09 AM)
religon
08/26/05 01:16 PM

Average of $5.65 each shipped from eBay.

(To get this price, I have to buy about 40% more than I really want in larger lots and then resell the overage.)

About 5% of the ones I have bought are counterfiet.
About 15% are missing key pieces.
About 15% NIB
About 20% new, unpainted, not in blister
About 35% Unseen
About 25% Clans
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8848

Contact Admins Sarna.net