Reloads

Pages: 1
silvex
01/30/04 08:28 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
How long does it take to reload 1T of ammunition?

My thoughts:
I would assume that a 'Mech would need a support vehicle (Light or Heavy Recovery Vehicle) at the least. Since all ammo is reloaded through the rear torso, the vehicle would need to be the same hex. Ideally, reloads would be done in a bay...without anybody shooting at you.
"Plan!? There ain't no plan!"
CrayModerator
01/31/04 09:07 AM

I find myself wanting to say one of two things:
1) 15 minutes
2) It's never been specified

I think I used to think it was a 15-minute procedure, but then was corrected to "it hasn't actually been specified."

Ideally, IMO, mechs and vehicles could be loaded in "clips" of ammo, like in 1-ton increments. If you have a mech nearby with hands, it could rapidly pull out the empty clips and plug in new ones. Pull up a flatbed truck with some clips on it, plug them in, get ready to roll.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Silenced_Sonix
01/31/04 10:02 AM

In either the "Design" or "General" thread, I posted optional rules for building reloader 'Mechs that can do exactly what you seem to have in mind. Just look for "Combat ReSupply Mechs"
Evolve or Die
silvex
02/06/04 01:36 PM

Thanks!
silvex
02/06/04 01:48 PM

15 minutes seems respectable. The lowest time listed for repairs listed in MR is 15 for repairing one box. I would think that 'Mechs could be reloaded in that time.
Any tankers out there care to share how long it takes to reload a Bradley or Abrams by hand?

I like the idea of magazines. Sure, it may take a tech a while to string together AC5 ammo in links - but once assembled in a clip - reloads would go a lot faster. I like Sonix idea, too. Having a reloader (Mech Repair Vehicle Mod), might make the event measureable in game turns.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 89 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5821

Contact Admins Sarna.net