The Drawing Board

Pages: 1
Grizzly
02/09/04 11:53 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Just downloaded TBD, with the latest updates (Thanks to Tzu for listing the PRI site ). I ran a couple of designs, both homebrew and some official, through it. Does anybody know why the BV calculations appear to be a little off? Sometimes they come in a little lower than published, sometimes a little higher, and sometimes spot on. The C-bill costs were always correct though. Mind you, I'm not complaining, it was free after all, just wondering. I do plan on getting HVMP, how does it stack up? Is it worth it? Thanks!
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
Mazer
02/09/04 12:51 PM

I have a question about TDB, has anyone else had trouble with the program just not appearing after you start it? The loading screen comes up and it appears to finish, but the main window never shows up

I'm trying to get it to work at version 2.0.23 specifically, but I seem to have the same problem with all versions, at least the 2.x ones. I'm running XP, I think I might try running it in compatibility mode.
Struck, sir? I have not yet begun to fight! - John Paul Jones
Tzu
02/09/04 04:09 PM

Glad I could help Grizzly. Mazer, I'm running it on XP myself, but I haven't had any trouble with it as of yet. Then again, I didn't download the 2.0.23 patch since I didn't see the point of it (from what the site says no new weapons or anything). I've made a few 'Mechs on it and converted all my old ones, but no problems. Try uninstalling it and then just reinstalling to 2.0.11 and the weapon package. Also, did you uninstall v1 after you installed v2? If you did, did you delete the shared files? I'm not a computer expert, but that might make a difference.
Ever made a 'Mech with 6 Gauss Rifles? I have.

Brick Commander, where Lego and Battletech unite!
Mazer
02/09/04 04:18 PM

I never installed version 1, so I don't think that would make a difference.. did you keep the files that it asks you about during installation? I figured the ones that came with XP would be newer so I kept those, maybe I was wrong. I'll try uninstalling everything and starting over with 2.0.11 and see how that works. Thanks
Grizzly
02/09/04 04:59 PM

I am running it on Xp home as well, and I haven't encountered any problems. I installed the 2.10, 2.11, rocket launcher, and 2.23 patches. I also kept the files since my stuff on XP is newer. I don't have it running in any special compatibility mode either. Not sure what the issue is, but as my friends in IT tell me, uninstall it and then reinstall it, and it some how magically works. Did you extract all the patches to the TDB folder? I noticed that it doesn't do it automatically. I had to browse to find it. Hope this helps!
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
Mazer
02/09/04 05:16 PM

I'm pretty sure the patches went fine, it's just a different .exe file and I just swapped them out which is basically the same as extracting to the TDB directory in the end. I'm just going to uninstall it and start over and see how that goes.
Mazer
02/09/04 05:25 PM

Mmkay... I tried it on a different computer, and all 3 versions work fine
Plus, for some reason when I install the base version on my computer, it pops up 3 files that it wants to know if I want to keep, but when I installed it on the other computer, it only popped up 1 or 2...

Apparently my computer is just acting weird
Tzu
02/09/04 05:34 PM

So I take it TDB works now? XP is supposed to be more user friendly, but at some times it can feel quite the opposite. It doesn't like some of them games I try to load on it, even if they are not even two years old. Oh well, glad I could help.
Ever made a 'Mech with 6 Gauss Rifles? I have.

Brick Commander, where Lego and Battletech unite!
Mazer
02/09/04 05:38 PM

Well, it works on a different computer, just not my own yet
Thanks for the help anyway, I've been cleaning out all the various files it's left around and I'm going to start over from the beginning in a little while here
Kit_fox
02/09/04 09:06 PM

I am having this problem too, but I run Windows2000, not XP. I am currently trying to figure out what is wrong as well.
_____

The RNG mugged me in a dark street, killed my dog, and cancled Christmas.

When the winds of change blow hard enough the most trivial of things can become deadly projectials.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.
neven
02/10/04 01:16 AM

interesting comments and questions.
usually for its that damn winzip!
i have it but it wont run or install TDB. i do like it and all, but there are also many other programs. my comment is they made a poorly designed mech creator with a crapload of bugs in it.
-***"ADAPT TO SURVIVE"***-
Kit_fox
02/10/04 01:49 AM

Use WinRAR. Then click on then right click on the zip file once and then click 'unzip here'

Probably works that way for winzip too.
_____

The RNG mugged me in a dark street, killed my dog, and cancled Christmas.

When the winds of change blow hard enough the most trivial of things can become deadly projectials.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.
Mazer
02/10/04 08:31 AM

I've just been using XP's built in unzipping, just right-click on the folder and click 'extract all'.
I've never had a problem with it before, and it doesn't seem to be messing up here.
MrMagonigal
06/21/04 09:47 PM

I am running version 1.0.71 of the Drawing Board and it runs just fine in XP.
I am the Ultimate Professional Amatuer!
Good Luck, Good Hunting and Stay ALIVE!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 11699

Contact Admins Sarna.net