Old vs. New newbie

Pages: 1
virgileso
02/16/04 02:22 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Just discovered this website and wish to know something. It took a bit of research, but I've discovered I've been playing with an original 2nd edition book of the Battletech system (Rules of Warfare) for quite some time now. And to top it off, I've also discovered that apparently there's a 4th edition out now.

Basically, is there a way to find out what the differences are between the two editions? If there's legal issues for specifics, that's alright, but I'll take more general information if that's allowed.
CrayModerator
02/17/04 06:44 AM

Most of the changes are in terms of rules expansions and clarifications. The basic methods of moving and shooting and blowing up are unchanged. There's also quite a bit of new gear.

I recommend looking for the "Battletech Master Rules, Revised," which is the current, latest and greatest document with all the equipment in it.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Toontje
02/20/04 05:00 AM

You'd be able to go up against someone playing 4th ed./CBT, and not notice the differences untill a AMS kicks in. Or some of the new equipment, altrough I can do without (except stealth armour, new Thunder LRM's (CCAF only) especially the inferno, and the new ArIV inferno.)
Rather to blow up, then.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 143 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5166

Contact Admins Sarna.net