iUltra Autocannons

Pages: 1
Diablo
03/01/04 02:00 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
using an idea I'm borrowing from a documentry I saw, I decided to improve the Ultra Autocannon.

The Fluff:
using a laser to set off the propellent instead of a mechanical hammer seemed like a more logical choice to accomidate the increased fire-rate of the Ultra autocannon. using a computer to time the laser and an advanced feed mechanism, the shells mearly drop into the chamber and are set off within milliseconds by the laser. using Caseless round saves even more time between shots by eliminating the shell ejection step of the fireing. The weapon takes ammunion from 2 clips at once and can even shut off one clip in mid fire in the event of a feed jam.

Game stuff:
The iUltra Autocannon can fire at tripple rate now. in 3X mode, a 3 will jam only one feed mechanism and the autocannon can still fire from the open one or unjam the other. with only 1 feed operational, the iUltra may only fire up to 2X mode. on a 2 roll, both feeds are jammed and must be unjammed separatly. The iUltra autocannon must have 2 ammunition bins assigned to it and caseless ammution must be used to accomidate 3X fireing. The computer fireing mechanism adds a ton and a crit to be placed in the same location but it is a separate crit. if the computer is hit, the autocannon reverts to its basic fire control computer mounted in the autocannon and may now only fire in 1X mode. this upgrade may be added to any Ultra autocannon, IS or Clan.

Final note:
hehehe
"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
Nightward
03/02/04 03:06 AM

*Shrug*

Clan gear, IMO, is good enough already due to the range and weight they have. The IS gets Rotaries.

I can't really see any point.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
tgsofgc
03/08/04 03:50 AM

I concur there just doesn't seem to really be a point. After all if you are loking for rotary style firepower for the clans just mount multiple ultra acs, or the super cheese pulse lasers.
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 79 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4462

Contact Admins Sarna.net