MS Walk

Pages: 1
CRASH
03/27/04 04:05 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Greetings all,
I know that everyone gets hit up for cash all the time, and I know that if you had money to spare you would be spending it on yourself, but I thought I’d take a shot, so hear goes:

My cousin, my aunt, and my sister all have been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and are living with the effects of this debilitating disease. For those that don’t know, MS is an autoimmune disease that affects the brain, spinal cord and optic nerves.

From the MS web site:
Common symptoms include: Fatigue, problems with walking, bowel and/or bladder disturbances, visual problems, changes in cognitive function, including problems with memory, attention, and problem-solving, abnormal sensations such as numbness or “pins and needles”, changes in sexual function, pain, depression and/or mood swings.

This is what my family members are dealing with on a daily basis. They have 11 kids and 4 grand children between them. Imagine having to tell your child that you can’t lift them up, “because Mommy’s legs don’t feel good today.” or not being able to go to work because when you woke up that morning you were seeing double or not at all.

Well, enough of the pity-party. If you can possibly help, I’ll be participating at the MS on May 2nd, at the Philadelphia Art Museum and would appreciate your donations. Information is available at www.walk4ms.org for on-line donations or you can PM me if you wish to send a check.

For on-line donations you will need the following:
Team Name: MonSter Stompers
Team Captain: Carolyn Ammazzalorso
Team Code: PAEWMOSF01 (that’s PAEWM, letter “O”, SF, number “zero”, “one”.)

If that doesn’t work, please PM me.

Thank you very much for you time and consideration.
Crash
"It is not home if there is no beer." - Largo, MegaTokyo.com (10.12.01)
Nightward
03/29/04 07:16 PM

Damn.

For what it's worth, I know how you feel. I'll be on chemo for the rest of my life thanks to a wonderful little thing called Crohn's Disease...

Down here, we do the MS Read-a-thon. This year at work we did charity for the Heart Research Foundation and World's Greatest Shave for a Cure (Leukaemia). I'll try and get this added to the list.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
CRASH
03/30/04 12:48 PM

Thanks Nightward,
I actually was thinking last night that it was a little selfish of me to ask for funds when everybody usually knows somebody who dealing with a life-long disease, problem, or handicap.

I guess I would like to make an appeal to everyone to get involved in something. Anything. MS, cancer, leukemia, organ donation, HIV/AIDS, handicap access, the Great American Smoke-Out, SOMETHING. If you are politically minded, get out and get people to vote. Our country (and many countries around the world) spend way too much money on way too many useless initiatives. I’m not trying to spark any political debate, so I apologize if that sounds a little high-horsed.

Basically, I’m trying to say: Please help. Maybe not me (or my sister, cousin and aunt), maybe not Nightward, but find something you believe in and get involved and maybe you can avoid having to write post like this someday.

Thanks,
Crash
CRASH
04/11/04 03:22 PM

My sister just made us a Team Site for the MonSter Stompers:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org//PAE/personal/default.asp

There's also a grainy picture of our team from our 2002 walk. I'm the guy sitting down, left side near the front, wearing the Penn State cap. I'm holding my older son, Jack. (wearing the "Future Nittany Lion" cap )

Any/all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
CRASH
04/13/04 04:27 PM

I don't know what happened w/ that other link. It goes right to the ePledge page. To view our "MonSter Stompers" team site, try:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org//PAE/personal/go.asp?z=p&a=6088540&n=1&d=PAE0EWLK20040502ART&em=jrjpsu%40comcast%2Enet

Sorry for the screw up. I'm not too tech savvy.
Mazer
04/13/04 05:27 PM

I wondered about that

Not a bad site, good luck
Struck, sir? I have not yet begun to fight! - John Paul Jones
CRASH
05/08/04 09:01 AM

Hey all,

Just a quick update: Our MS Walk was last Sunday, and despite the threat of rain, it was a pretty successful day. Fighting off a nasty illness (lets just say I double dosed on Immonium AD and suffered all morning) my wife and I (with two kids in tow!) managed to make it 5 miles.

We (my wife and I) reached our goal of $500, and we’re still waiting for a few checks from friends and relatives that will hopefully put us over $600!

From our MonSter Stompers Team Captain, the preliminary numbers for our team were close to $3000, if not over, so hopefully we’ll pull down another silver medal for the team.

Thanks to any and all who donated. If you have one check left in your checkbook that you want to get rid of, or perhaps your checking account is too full, we’ll be sending in “late” donations in about two weeks. Checks only please, made out to “National Multiple Sclerosis Society.” and can be sent to: “Cheltenham Township Police Department, c/o Ofc. Hertkorn, 8230 Old York Rd, Elkins Park PA 19027”

THANKS!!

Crash
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6685

Contact Admins Sarna.net