Bloodnames among Sibkos

Pages: 1
Brandx0
04/16/04 04:08 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Question: Clan bloodnames are traced through mothers, correct (Blood of Kerensky, Jade Phoenix)? Thus each warrior could only claim one bloodname. In addition, sibkos comprise of warriors from the same geneparents (Jade Phoenix), but how is it possible that Cyrilla Ward and Natasha Kerensky were from the same Sibko?

Sorry, but its just been bugging me for a while.
Wolfgar
04/16/04 06:53 PM

It is convoluted but here it goes. the history of the all the gene-parents goes back all the way to the begining of the breeding program,where instead of a nobility class, kerensky started the genetics program, it was not just 1 warrior that the bloodname came from but the dudes whole family(so you end up with donal ward, joe bob ward ,and so on as the original bloodnames) sibkin can win their blood name from either father or mother's family tree(some of the books are incorrect on this) After 300 years of this controled and somewhat inbred method, the sibkin is not just related too only 1 or 2 bloodnames but many in one way or another and is qualified to compete for anyone of those names when the present holder dies. And yes it can make your head hurt thinking about it. this info comes from various FASA background materials printed over the years
Seyla
Arrows?....What arrows? I didn't even see the fricken Indians!
Nightward
04/16/04 07:44 PM

Actually, the answer is quite simple.

Most Clans raise Sibkos from the same gene heritages. Such Sibkos are between 20 and 100 Sibkin in size.

Clan Wolf, however, is big on the pack mentality. When the Wolves raise a new Sibko, they create it from a number of gene heritages. So the typical Wolf Clan Sibko will be between 20 and 100 Sibkin in size, but from a number of gene heritages.

So Natasha Kerensky and Cyrilla Ward were in the same Sibko. Clan Wolf just does things differently to foster better command structure. After all, in the field, your Star, Trinary, Cluster, Galaxy, and Touman aren't all going to have exactly the same characteristics thanks to parentage.

Bloodnames can ONLY be inherited matrilinearly, ie, through your mother. Phelan Patrick Kell's mother, Salome Ward, and all her mothers had kept the Ward surname. This is what made him eligable for Cyrilla's Bloodname.

Before the matrinear rule came in, Clan warriors could opt for either the mother or their father's Bloodname. Some Clan Nova Cat warrior did that, IIRC.

All this information can be found in the Wolf Clan Sourcebook. It's long out of print and quite hard to find, though.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Silenced_Sonix
04/17/04 09:07 AM

I got it from Kazaa - in fact, I got ALL my CBT stuff from Kazaa... except my BMR-R, of course.
Evolve or Die
Brandx0
04/19/04 12:24 PM

Thanks much for the info guys.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 53 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5381

Contact Admins Sarna.net