DFA Leg Loss

Pages: 1
silvex
03/01/04 05:45 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Greetings, need help with an uncommon...ok, downright rare situation.

This weekend a Panther attempted a Death-From-Above on an Enforcer. The Enforcer hit the leg of the Panther with it's AC10, went internal, and the crits indicated a limb loss. Although a leg-loss is an automatic fall, theoretically, the 'Mech was still in the air.

What would happen?
a) Panther falls in a heap in front of the Enforcer.
b) Panther falls in a heap on on the Enforcer.

In order to make the game more exciting I ruled in favor of more damage. I allowed the DFA to continue with penalties for a leg-loss. The player made a fantastic physical attack roll and succeeded. So, rather than an flying stomp, the Enforcer was victim of a trajectory-enhanced slam.

Thoughts?
"Plan!? There ain't no plan!"
Toontje
03/02/04 06:17 AM

Well, look up on the subject of: Failing a PS roll when doing a DFA, automatic fall = automatic PS faillure I'd say.
Rather to blow up, then.
Diablo
03/02/04 09:54 AM

theres a few factors involved, the most obvious would be the loss of maneruverability and range from loss of jump jets thus making the panther fall in a heap infront of the Enforcer, and second is the big shift in weight while in mid-air, thus throwing off the ability to direct the alrady un-gainly jumping ability of mechs. so, leg loss would infact make the piloting roll impossible.

Final Note:
this rule does not count in the case of heroic coolness in which the difficulty should be like, 8 or something similarly high up.
"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
Death_Fire
04/28/04 11:45 AM

Hmm... I realy don't know for certain. So... Go for the damage!
The winning team is the first team that wins!
-Hitchikers Guide To The Galixies
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 117 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4598

Contact Admins Sarna.net