Wolf's Dragoons

Pages: 1
JStallion
05/03/04 05:00 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I'm thinking about becoming the Wolf Spider battalion w/ the minis and all. But what kind of mechs do they have? i know the weights and all their trinaries have but do they have clan omnimechs (non salvage) or no? Is wolf's dragoons capable of making clan omnimechs or just advanced I.S.(annhiliator) and back-up clan stuff like the Marauder II C? If they can have clan omnimechs (non slavage) id like to put some in. In the mercenaries field manuals it says they have 80% standard clan tech and the rest advanced inner sphere. but is "standard" clan omnimechs or just battlemechs?

any input would be greatly appreciated =)
MacLeod
05/03/04 09:32 PM

The Wolf Spider Battalion, as of 3067, contains three Trinaries of OmniMechs, all of Clan origin.

Spider Trinary: assault and heavy Omnis
Tarantula Trinary: Light and medium Omnis
Black Widow Trinary: two medium Stars, one heavy Star

Source: FM: Mercenaries Revised
Drugs don't kill people, pancreatic cancer kills people.

... and whoever heard of a drug that causes pancreatic cancer?
JStallion
05/03/04 10:10 PM

thanks a ton, i only have the unrevised version of FM: mercenaries. does the revised give away anymore useful information i could use about building a wolf spider battalion?
MacLeod
05/03/04 11:37 PM

Not much else... there's just also mention of the Widow Flight, which is six heavy OmniFighters of possibly Clan origin, and the Seventh Kommando.

JStallion
05/04/04 03:19 PM

those 3 trinaries are in addition to the command star right? and i take it the elementals previously in it are gone now.

right now im puttin together my potential 3 trinaries of mechs, just plannin out what im gonna get and curious about people's oppinions so il get that on here once im done.
JStallion
05/04/04 04:36 PM

A few things before u read the list. I composed it mostly of Jade Falcon and Smoke Jaguar/Nova Cat mechs because i assume most salvage they get would be from these clans since they fought more against them than any of the other clans; JF from coventry and SJ/NC from luthien/ operation bulldog. The mechs are simply filling slots right now and are not in their proper roles, i dont have them organized like that yet. I.e. in fire support roles or anything. And theyre all also in their prime variants because i dont wanna bother screwin around w/ customizing them to look like other variants.

Spider Trinary

1st star
Loki
Linebacker
Masakari
Thor
Thor

2nd star
Vulture
Vulture
Mad Cat
Nova Cat
Vulture

3rd star
Marauder IIC WD version*
Daishi
Daishi
Night Gyr
Mad Cat MK II

Tarantula Trinary

1st star
Uller
Dasher
Puma
Cougar
Fenris

2nd star
Black Hawk
Ryoken
Shadow Cat
Shadow Cat
Grendel

3rd star
Cougar
Pouncer
Uller
Puma
Ryoken

Black Widow Trinary

1st star
Shadow Cat
Black Hawk
Crimson Langur
Pouncer
Grendel

2nd star
Crimson Langur
Pouncer
Ryoken
Grendel
Shadow Cat

3rd star
Night Gyr
Nova Cat
Mad Cat
Vulture
Loki

Then im not sure about the command star, are they all heavies or what? or are they even there still because im refering to the unrevised verison of FM:mercenaries since i dont have the revised version.
Oh and i know theyre all supposed to be omnis.

*i threw in the Maradur II C (wolf's dragoons variant thats 100 tons, 2 ER PPCs, 2 ER Medium Lasers, 1 LB 10X Autocannon, 4/6/4 movement...listed all of that because theres so many variants, wanted u guys to be sure ) because i love that mech and wanted it in there especially since its wolf's dragoons that produce it.

Please let me know your oppinions
MacLeod
05/04/04 09:55 PM

Yeah, the Command Star is still around, but there's no mention of weight class.

Also, I think the Mad Cat Mk.II and the Marauder II wouldn't be there. Wonderful as they might be, the Black Widow Battalion fields exclusively OmniMechs.

JStallion
05/05/04 07:12 AM

yeah i might put in another warhawk/masakari instead of that mad cat mkII. but the marauder stays, i love that mech
JStallion
05/05/04 07:20 AM

i feel like my force fields a limited number of mechs . It has.... only 21 different kinds of mechs... i dont know if thats good or bad though.
MacLeod
05/05/04 10:19 PM

It's actually better. Since almost all of them (except that MAD) are Omnis, you don't have to worry about flexibility, and since you have repeated chassis, that makes it easier in terms of spare parts. In fact, limiting the number of chassis even more might be more effective, but then it really wouldn't fit the feel of the Wolf Spiders.

JStallion
05/06/04 10:48 PM

right and besides that maruader not being an omni, i want to fight the "role" well.
Ignorant_Savage
05/10/04 08:19 AM

one question:

what's up with the Crimson Langurs in the Black Widow Trinary? i thought that you were using salvaged equipment... aren't those too new to be salvaged in the given time frame?

- Savage
"Those who trade away essential freedoms for a little saftey deserve neither freedom or saftey."
- Benjamin Franklin
JStallion
05/10/04 03:30 PM

good point. i guess ill be taking them out, making it only 20 different kinds of mechs, but whatever i guess.
JStallion
05/11/04 10:05 PM

that brings up another Q for me, according to CBT, not $hitty MWDA, whats the latest year? most up to date book i read i think was the end of the fedcom civil war, i dont remember any others dating after that.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 41 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8671

Contact Admins Sarna.net