A good meiduim company

Pages: 1
Firekid
11/20/03 05:59 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
This is sort of like my last question, only you have to make a company of meidium 'mechs, with one 70 tonner and one 40 tonner. They must be Inner Sphere tech. But one clan light mech, if you want to.
tgsofgc
11/22/03 06:56 AM

Heh I'm sure I'm taking this in a direction you didn't expect but so well....
Blackmore's Bugs
This medium/large mercenary unit was founded in 3052 after John Blackmore inherited a small fortune from the death of his father. John was able to purchase nearly a company of mechs with the money, but decided to feild older designs allowing him to have a full company. John Blackmore decided that the primary selling point of mercenaries was largely an issue of image, so when purchassing the mechs for his soon to be unit he tried to maintain an insect theme, right down to the Grasshopper GRH-5H he inherited.
Grasshoper GRH-5H -commander John Blackmore
Cicadia CDA-3C -second in command Kassandra Watson
2 Wasp WSP-1W
2 Spider SDR-5K
4 Spider SDR-5V
1 Flea FLE-17
1 Tarantula ZPH-1A

Much of the company came for sale by way of a down on their luck mercenary company that had acheived some recognition across the sphere through a rare victory over a Wolf's Dragoon unit. Though the unit was only a small scout unit (approx a lance) and the mercenaries simply dragged off what was salvagable and left planet (violating their contract) before the supporting heavies or aerospace fighters could intercept them. (This is where the 2 Wasps and the Flea came from.)

[If you insist on using clantech, as appose to a 40 tunner I would upgrade the mech's main weapons. This is mainly medium lasers.]
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Sarge
12/17/03 02:24 AM

Here's a Medium Company complying with your stated parameters.
I have split it into it's 3 lances.

Dragonfire
Enfield
Centurion A9
Hunchback
Trebuchet
Dervish
Centurion
Griffin
Cicada (PPC)
Vindicator
Pheonix Hawk
Chameleon

-Sarge
Hellbringer
01/12/04 09:59 PM

What about one composed entirely of Uziels? It might be pricey but I think these are one of the best mechs in the game. If you want to use older mechs, I would think about mixing Pheonix Hawks, Hunchbacks, and Hatchetmen. As for the 70 and the 40, I don't have a TRO handy at the moment. If you can use clan tech, use a Thor, deffinitly a solid fighter.
"But it SHOULD be a spectacle! It should be grand and exciting to us all! I'd hate to think that we've become so jaded that we find even our greatest tiumph, resurrecting the Star League, simply one more obligation."
-General Victor Steiner-Davion (First Prince and Archon in exile) 3064
Ignorant_Savage
01/15/04 12:13 AM

Ok, here's what i came up with, per your sepcifications:

1st Lance
Lao Hu
Huron Warrior
Grim Reaper
Hunchback

---
2nd Lance
Enforcer III
Shadow Hawk
Starslayer
Phoenix Hawk

---
3rd Lance
Raijin
Uller
Blitzkrieg
Uziel
"Those who trade away essential freedoms for a little saftey deserve neither freedom or saftey."
- Benjamin Franklin
Marshall
05/19/04 08:12 PM

Quote:

This is sort of like my last question, only you have to make a company of meidium 'mechs, with one 70 tonner and one 40 tonner. They must be Inner Sphere tech. But one clan light mech, if you want to.

Here goes............

TR1 Wraith
PHX-3K Phoenix Hawk
WVR-7M Wolverine
NGS-4S Nightsky(not sure on the designation)

APL 1M Apollo
ARC-4M Archer
Puma A
HBK-4G Hunchback

Huron Warrior
Centurion(Cn9-d)
FS9-OE Firestarter
SR-O1E Strider(out of DCFM)

Marshall
Marshall
05/19/04 08:16 PM

Quote:

What about one composed entirely of Uziels? It might be pricey but I think these are one of the best mechs in the game. If you want to use older mechs, I would think about mixing Pheonix Hawks, Hunchbacks, and Hatchetmen. As for the 70 and the 40, I don't have a TRO handy at the moment. If you can use clan tech, use a Thor, deffinitly a solid fighter.

What's an Uziel? I do agree the Thor is solid, IMHO. 'C' config is nasty, w/Ultra 20, and I like the prime as well.

Artic Wolf may be a second line mech, but all those SRM's, man that's a lot of fire power on a medium mech.

Marshall
JStallion
05/19/04 11:22 PM

uziel on this link- http://www.mechground.com/Battletechdotca/TRO/3067/Readout/Inner%20Sphere/Battlemechs/UZL-3S%20Uziel.html
Greyslayer
05/21/04 04:17 PM

Probably best to keep the units all the same weight for logistics. For a medium company utilising all 50 tonners or all 55 tonners would not be too difficult.

for 3025 companies:

50 ton
Hunchback
Centurion
Trebuchet

55 Ton
Wolverine
Griffin
Shadow Hawk

All those mechs are fairly common, have variants, and cover aspects the others of the same weight don't.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6373

Contact Admins Sarna.net