Player Types, what are you?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
tgsofgc
05/02/04 02:01 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
lest ye never forget helm...
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
UncaRat
05/04/04 08:44 AM

I started playing when the game was fairly young. I mostly played with rules lawyers and rerollers. They came to LOATH me, I began a long run of headshots,.;-) my techs must have become experts at repairing cockpits! It cured them when I was using their dice and every time they demanded a reroll it would get worse.

My favorite mech, no I don't have one really but I do Have a favorite demi company. a Spider, a phoneix Hawk, a Shadowhawk, a Marauder (or warhammer) to protect the core of the Support demi company two modified atlas chassis- 2 X LRM20 with two tons of armor each, two large lasers and 21 HS. their mission is to cripple the enemy heavy and assault mechs, and the other four tie up and pulverize the fast movers.

With an ocassional trip to level two I mostly play pre clan level 1.The true test of a game is, 'did you enjoy the game, even if you lost? And was the game fair?' If they were then I salute you.
UncaRat
05/04/04 08:54 AM

Sorry that should be two tons of AMMO for each LRM-20. not two tons of armor. At level two I developed a speed reload system for the LRM's. That drove the Munchers crasy!
Marshall
05/19/04 03:15 PM

To sum up...give me my trusty TDR-5S Thunderbolt, and I'm happy

Solid 'mech, that T-bolt. Built like a Timex watch.

Marshall
Marshall
05/19/04 03:21 PM

Quote:

hmm...I like a mech that can deal as much damage as it has tonnage with out overheating. I also like for it to be able to take a hit in return. This could be why i am a clanner...

Drop me a line, Korel, I'm not that far away.

Marshall
Lone_Wolf_Radick
06/21/04 09:57 PM

I would have to say all of them a little, but mostly Power Player or Light show (as I'm fond of Timberwolves and Novas). Being old school clan teaches honor on the battlefield, and honor can hold out longer when not limited by ammunition concerns... Long live the WOLF!
coldwave
06/22/04 01:57 PM

Hmm, I'm generally a mix between them all, although I suppose that I am predominately long-range and ammo junkie. Give me a good o'l BJ-1 and I'm happy. Pair it with an Enforcer and I'm even happier!

- Tanaka
Sauragnmon
09/09/04 12:37 PM

Jack of All Trades meets Chaos Factor... My mech designs are like swiss army knives, I never design just one mech, I make an entire star out of it. Things like a Tech 3 Artillery star with 4 LT's 4 Arrows and one little scout Mech. If hybrids are allowed, I give that little guy the C3 master and run right out and use him for Tom scouting. I never leave him unarmed though, he's got his own weapons, as well as my recon star following him. Yes my warriors may not like ranged deliverance when it hits the fan, but I'm sure they've all come to respect that Artillery unit's Spotter, especially since he also carries TAG for the Arrows... He's not the biggest gun on the field, but it's not him you should worry about, it's his buddies a couple of maps away... My recon star ranges through many weapons... including an LB20X because some days I just feel like whipping out a big old shotgun and delivering some boomstick justice. Most of my recon unit is omnis so they can switch tasks swiftly when needed. The third star in my little Trinary is a group of mostly assault mechs with jumps, and most of them carry melee weapons. The job of my assault unit is to either draw and return fire from the enemy, thus alleviating problems for my recon and spotter, or simply to deliver damage and close with the enemy to deliver a solid thwacking across the board. Purely put, I like to deliver pain, and lots of it.
TheCrusader
02/08/05 10:17 PM

Missle Boats= Less heat, more damage at range.
tbird89
05/28/05 12:11 AM

huh, well, i'm a special kind of player, i'm a " i'm the com guard, and our INARC's and C3I's kick the shit out of anything you have". but missle boats are fun with that strategy, as long as you have a good spotter ( like an exterminator or tessen)
why? becuase. jesus told me to. and you wanna know something else that jesus told me? he said that everytime it rains, it's becuase god is crying over something u did. because god hates you.
so does superman
Rorahusky
06/22/05 05:13 PM

Can't Stand The Heat here. I like being able to consistantly do whatever I like without incuring heat problems. Every design I make I do so with keeping heat down in mind, and some of the stock designs (coughcoughMasakari Primecoughcough) make me twitch at the sheer amount of heat they produce. Going from 0 heat to Risk Of Going Nuclear is not my cup of tea.
Wraith
06/22/05 05:28 PM

Bah, Masakari Prime is nothing on the Nova Prime!
-Wraith
BigBoss
06/23/05 10:01 PM

Hmm, tough one, but I like Heavy with a mix of short and long range weapons (In my View Medium Range is useless). I also liked to be packed with a hell of a lot of electronics. I don't really care for heat lol.
Bringing Terror to the Comforts of Your Homes

~BB~
Nightward
06/26/05 12:59 AM

Medium range is useless, eh?

Try playing against a good opponent with a Nova or Stormcrow. Should be educational
fenix
08/20/05 10:14 PM

i only have played the old rules... i.e. 'autocannon' means an AC/5 and there wer about a dozen mech listings in the back of the book... but i have played many games using the 3025 tech readout mechs and here are some things i have noticed....
1. machineguns are just plain dumb unless you are expecting to fight infantry. who on earth is gonna use 200 rounds of ammo on a weapon that is barely ever in range and doesnt hit hard anyway... the old mechs: warhammer/Tbolt/Battlemaster/crusader/Phoenixhawk/ they all are well designed except that they all stick the MG ammo in the center torso so it can get shot and explode. i just dont understand... a locust would do far better dumping the little MGs for an extra pair of lasers, and most other mechs could do with more heat sinks instead...
- (i think im gonna stop counting after this cuz i am just rambling anyway) the newtech stuff makes the game a little cheeseball and munchkin... i played against a guy who took a lance of Wraiths and just jumped and jumped and fired off his pulse lasers and never overheated and went 7 hexes jumping ALL THE TIME so it was impossible to hit him with a good volley and the pulse lasers made it so he could hit easier despite jumping all over the place. The game is much more fun when people have to worry about overheating, or play mechs who arent deliberately abusive - some of the downtrodden mechs like the rifleman, banshee, scorp or the blackjack thrown into a battle makes it more fun. i like some of the electronic gizmos like the Raven annd Ostscout have; they add a new tactical approach and dont really unbalance things, but all the XL engine/double heatsink/ ferro armor and so on just seems munchkin to me.
- lots and lots of srm fire can kill anything on those CT/crit rolls that happen 1/36th of the time.
-my favorite OMG moment was taking off the head of a warhammer and destroying the cockpit with a PPC from my piddly little vindicator on the first shot of the game. yeah a lot of tactical planning went into that one...
- favorite 3025 mechs:
Valkyrie, Javelin, Ostsol, Grasshopper, Trebuchet, Whitworth, Clint, Awesome
religon
08/26/05 10:33 AM

I am...
Close and personal...moderately overheating. Love the 3025 Thunderbolts, Grasshoppers, and Cataphracts.

Dislike...
Munchkin custom clan energy players that do everything to maximixe the offensive damage they can generate.
Evasive enemies that keep running from my forces.
Know-it-all's that constantly demostrate knowledge of the various mech designs, but have the strategic skill of Hanse Davion's institutionalized third-cousin Ruprick.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 29671

Contact Admins Sarna.net