Armor

Pages: 1
Bansee
06/23/04 10:13 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Okay, you ever notice how in the canon lit., battles can last for hours? Do those 'mechs get besowed with magic armor? If a turn is 10 seconds, 'mech on 'mech duels last less than two minutes in most cases. Company on Company games last awhile longer but still nowhere near the 360 turns neccesary for an game-hour of play. Any ideas why this is? True, i am willing to bet that a 'mechwarrior does not continualy advance, firing on his foe but feints and ducks under cover, but that is not a valid approach in a gam where your 'mech can't see them but yo still can. Now I have never played double blind, as my freinds and I gave up using the standard maps that came in box sets years ago and in their sted we use the map sheet sets. These are quite difficult to come by these days, let alone multiple sets for double blind play.

Another contributing factor to short games is the BAC(blood-alchohol content) of my freinds and I when we play. The BACis directly proporional to the tonnage of the winning 'mech.

Any ideas? Coments? Howls of protest?

P.S.
Forgive the no doubt numerous typos, my key board is being a B----. So if letters are omitted, bear with me.
CrayModerator
06/23/04 10:43 AM

The actual battle scenes seem to be brief. Most "hours long" battles probably involve a great of maneuvering, march, countermarching, trips to the rear lines for fresh ammo, tea breaks, etc.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
tgsofgc
06/26/04 11:22 PM

ahh... the good ol' mid battle tea break!
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 121 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4693

Contact Admins Sarna.net