female players?

Pages: 1
sukka
06/30/04 04:51 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I´m just curious. Are there any other female players?
Its not that a big deal, but...
CrayModerator
06/30/04 01:18 PM

I had 2 female players in my group. They were Shadowrun/Vampire/DnD players, but found BT (the board game) boring, as did a couple of male players. Since I didn't run MW at the time, I don't know if they'd've liked the BT roleplaying game or not.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
tgsofgc
06/30/04 03:53 PM

To be perfectly honest I don't think Wargames, battletech in particular, have ever marketed themselves well towards female players... and at least partially as a result I have never known a female battletech player (at least one actively interested in the game). I've known many more female players of other games, especially DnD and the whitewolf games.
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
CrayModerator
06/30/04 07:32 PM

Quote:

To be perfectly honest I don't think Wargames, battletech in particular, have ever marketed themselves well towards female players... and at least partially as a result I have never known a female battletech player (at least one actively interested in the game). I've known many more female players of other games, especially DnD and the whitewolf games.

BT does have it's female players, like Acid Queen (Camille Klein) and Nadin, both of who are registered here. However, they do seem to be less common at BT games than other RPGs.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
tgsofgc
06/30/04 10:10 PM

Fair enough, I simply haven't met any of them that play Battletech. I guess the best you can ever do is talk from personal experience right?
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Nightward
06/30/04 10:23 PM

I've been playing for eight years now. I've only ever played against one female player in the board game, and that was because she and her husband were wargaming nuts with nothing else on the agenda for that Tournament session.

I think she'd only learnt the rules very recently, though, because she made a lot of elemental errors, like firing weapons that were out of range and mismanaging her heat. Made things easier for me, though- she'd taken a Banshee 3S and a Valkyrie against my Stinger, Wasp, Locust and Grand Dragon. Things could well have gotten messy for me in that round.

My play group consist of 6 other guys. The only time I really see female players of anything is at tournaments. They seem to play RPGs more (tending more towards White Wolf, Amber, and so on) than board games, too.

Camielle and AcidQueen hang out more at the Classic BattleTech forums than here, however.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Greyslayer
07/01/04 05:11 AM

I've seen about 2 female players at tourneys. One was part of a old couple that just loved to field Javelin Fs up here in Brisbane and another was a person more interested in painting mechs than playing but a sound player in Sydney.
sukka
07/01/04 08:20 AM

Well, sounds familiar. Same is Warhammer and stuff like that. I have never enough time for all things I would like to do. I´m most of all RPG-player, but I know a few miniature games superficially. I hope I´II have time to get familiar with those games better soon (in couble of years in my schedule).
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7694

Contact Admins Sarna.net