Mechs

Pages: 1
DavidMcCall
08/01/04 05:44 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I've ordered the Classic Battletech Box set. I was wondering how you guys get more game pieces, like Clan mechs, vehicles, and infantry.
Nightward
08/01/04 06:32 PM

You can probably get some of the lead figurines from your FLGS (Friendly Local Games Store). If they aren't willing to order any in for you, they're not really worth your time or patronage.

You can get 'Mechs on E-Bay, and possibly Amazon, though I wouldn't quote me on that.

The company that manufactures the miniatures is called Iron Wind. Their website is http://www.ironwindmetals.com/ and they do have an online store.

Welcome to the game, and to Sarna.Net.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Tzu
08/01/04 07:48 PM

This site has everything Iron Wind Metals sells, all at 20% off. Hope it helps.
Ever made a 'Mech with 6 Gauss Rifles? I have.

Brick Commander, where Lego and Battletech unite!
DavidMcCall
08/02/04 05:27 PM

Thanks for the advice and the welcome . No all I have to do is assemble a couple of regiments .
Nightward
08/03/04 03:34 AM

Regiments, eh? I take it you don't go much for doing things by halves...

If you play at tournaments, miniatures are a must. At home, however, we play with simple scraps of paper with the 'Mech's name and facing scribbled onto them.

Fortunately for me, I have a long-suffering friend with a massive collection of miniatures, upon whom I can impose for tournament play
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
DavidMcCall
08/03/04 08:19 AM

Scraps of papper? Wouldn't that be a bit over taxing on one's imagination ? This gives me an idea though.

*Disappears into a room and returns with a misshapen piece of card board*

Hey guys look at my Dire Wolf
Nightward
08/03/04 06:51 PM

Nah. We just figure that as long as everyone knows what's what, that's all that matters. Miniatures might be a bit more important if you play using the 3D terrain rules...but then again, the miniatures aren't all to scale, either (witness the Tarantula...).
DavidMcCall
08/04/04 09:30 AM

Yea, I suppose your right . I also got the minatures rules with my box set. They haven't arrived in the mail yet , but I was wondering if a minature could be used just like a papper Battlemech on the map?
CrayModerator
08/04/04 11:44 AM

Quote:

but I was wondering if a minature could be used just like a papper Battlemech on the map?

Yes.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6667

Contact Admins Sarna.net