Does anyone know about c-bills

Pages: 1
kevs01civ
08/19/04 01:42 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I was wondering if anyone knows about how to make your custom mechs using the c-bills and the rules for that? Which book is it in, or is their a link to and portion containing the rules, etc...
Greyslayer
08/19/04 06:02 AM

Rules for calculation of price will be found in Battletech Master Rules.

Many programs will calculate this for you. There are even a few excel spreadsheets in the files area of this site that could do it for you.
CrayModerator
08/19/04 06:29 AM

Greyslayer said it. The Battletech Master Rules (or predecessors like the BT Compendium) will include prices in the creation section.

A number of battlemech design programs, like the free Drawing Board or the official (but not free) Heavy Metal Pro, will calculate the price of a mech, too.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Brandx0
08/19/04 06:52 AM

On that note, I would like to know if anyone can provide me with any real reasons why it's worth it to buy a mech creation program? Especially consdering the high quality free ones out there like BMD and TDB.
CrayModerator
08/19/04 11:43 AM

For mech design programs, there's not a strong reason. There's reasons like, "It's The Official BT Design Software," and "Everyone else is doing it," but not strong reasons.

However, there are other Heavy Metal programs beyond mech makers, like programs for vehicles, protomechs, and all forms of aerospace craft (conventional fighters to warships, even monitors). HMAero has not been equalled by any free software that I've seen, and I haven't seen a protomech maker (though I'm sure there are spreadsheets out there). Free vehicle software I have seen, but my copy of the Vehicle Factory gives erroneous costs (which is about the only reason I use design software: to get the costs and BV).

So, I got HMAero first (just because my paper warship designs never quite added up right), then about a year later I picked up HMPro (bundled mech, vehicle, and proto maker) just to get the costs correct (because I can design mechs, vehicles, and protos by pencil-n-paper just fine).

Plus, Heavy Metal software is linked into the design process for new BT supplements. AT2R was under strict revision guidelines: nothing that would alter HMAero. (Fortunately, HMAero was already pretty flexible - some AT2R revisions were based on rulings to straighten out questions raised during the writing of HMAero). Randall Bills, the line developer for BT, just had to retract a ruling he made about fractional accounting when it contradicted Heavy Metal's fractional accounting code.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
kevs01civ
08/20/04 01:38 AM

alright, thanks guys that really helps out a lot.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 67 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5891

Contact Admins Sarna.net