Mechwarrior Petition to Microsoft

Pages: 1
stuartx13
08/21/04 10:26 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
[QUOTE]Okay guys I first posted the below thread this morning at NBT. However I am asking everyone help spread this to the entire MW community. I am not stopping with the petition, I am working contacts from all over the industry, calling in every favor and yanking every chain.

Okay guys, i know you have seen a dozen of these and as I have stated in the other thread, I know many think this cause is lost.

However I beleive the saying that evil only triumphs when good men do nothing. I believe that a cause, worthy and just, no matter the odds is worth fighting for. I believe it is better to take a stand and be knocked down than to lay down and be rolled over.

Okay enough with the pep talk. I have written a professional and polite petition and am looking to get signatures. I have a contact within MS that has agree to help me get the right people looking at it.

I also have contacts with various hardware makers that would benefit from a new Mechwarrior game, so I might be able to get some industry support for this as well.

However we need to start with step one, the petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/PCMECH/petition.html

If you choose to sign it and leave a comment PLEASE keep the comments at an adult level. Lets make it clear to MS that we are serious in our support and adult enough to deal with them.

admins would you please sticky this so we can get people over to sign...
Karagin
08/22/04 10:25 AM

If I may suggest, you may want to post this to other BT sites, like BTU, HeavyMetalPro and Mordel's so as to give others who may not login here a chance to see it and respond to the support of the games.

Anyways just an idea.

Good Luck.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Carthaginian
08/22/04 10:41 AM

It's alread up at BTU, I signed it from there.
Lone_Wolf_Radick
08/22/04 07:13 PM

It's a worthy Idea, but I think it should only be signed if they agree to either take their time and do it right this time (i.e. real, unlimited mechlab, more variants, playable vehicles, infantry, etc, attrition type campaigns like in Emperor:battle for dune, Multiplayer servers that can hold more than 16 people)... Maybe make it an MMORPG or at least a more dynamic single player campaign where you can choose the faction you want to fight for, or even the time frame (post fedcom war, pre clan invasion, etc)... And if MS doesn't want to put out the time or money on it, sublet it to a small company willing to shed some sweat over making MW and BT into what it always should have been- an awesome, all-encompassing digital view of the BT universe with as much replay value as cosmetic beauty...
War Never Determines who is right, only who is left.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing-Darth Vader"
Rotwang
08/22/04 08:41 PM

I second the MMORPG idea. It would be awesome to play, it's exactly what BT needs.
Ignorant_Savage
08/24/04 01:29 AM

more than hapily do i sign this. my start in battletech was with mechwarrior2 over 10 years ago. i'd love to see the games they make closer to the RPG universe... but i guess that more games are better than no games.
"Those who trade away essential freedoms for a little saftey deserve neither freedom or saftey."
- Benjamin Franklin
Lone_Wolf_Radick
08/29/04 08:17 PM

I was # 2573, I signed happily, with hopes that it's done RIGHT this time, and leaves nothing out... or at least nothing that we've been missing before (mechbuilders, more salvage options, INFERNO rounds, playable vehicles, ELEMENTALS, etc)... It would work just as well as an MMORPG as a dynamic single player campaign (along the lines of Battle for Dune, where you choose the side you fight for, sectors are fought over, and how you fare in any one mission determines what happens next, with unit carryover)... But that's just my 2 cents...
By all means, Sign and get the word out to anyone you know who's a BT or just a SCIFI or gaming fan! if this has a chance at all of getting done, it needs a lot more than 2500+ sigs on it...
-Wolf
War Never Determines who is right, only who is left.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing-Darth Vader"
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 153 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6007

Contact Admins Sarna.net