With enough rope

Pages: 1
cmryan
09/02/04 01:05 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Has anyone ever caught a BattleMech using a rope? By rope I mean something with immense tensile strength like kevlar fiber or carbon monofiliment. I have this mental image of some dispossesed Mech Warrior with a lot of rope laying the rope in a noose about one hex in diameter with one end secured to a tree on a slope. A mech is lured into the hex and the mech warrior detonates a small explosive charge. The tree with the end of the rope tied to it falls down hill. The noose tightens around the legs of the Mech knocking it off of its feet and the mech warrior charges in to kill the pilot of the Mech and claim the Mech for himself.
CrayModerator
09/02/04 07:27 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Um. I'm recalling in the original Gray Death Legion novels, battlemechs being lashed to 'mech recovery vehicles with diamond-reinforced cables, but I don't recall capturing mechs with rope/cables.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 82 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5103

Contact Admins Sarna.net