Favorite lance configurations

Pages: 1
Hellbringer
09/03/04 12:47 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
My friend is coming over on labor day and we're going to have a little lance on lance battle or two. We are limiting the fight to level two tech. I'm just wondering what you guys think are good lance configurations. We havent decided about clan or IS tech yet so give me anyhting you want, but please limit it to four mechs.

Here's a little brainstorming of my own:

1 Hatchetman
1 Hatchetman
1 Warhammer IIC
1 Helios

The Warhammer and Helios will set up a base of fire and the Hatchetmen will get into the the other lance and lay into some rear armor with their axes. Tell me what you think. I may replace the Hatchetmen with Nightskies, I haven't decided yet.
"But it SHOULD be a spectacle! It should be grand and exciting to us all! I'd hate to think that we've become so jaded that we find even our greatest tiumph, resurrecting the Star League, simply one more obligation."
-General Victor Steiner-Davion (First Prince and Archon in exile) 3064
Hellbringer
09/03/04 12:54 AM

Replace the Helios with a War Dog. I think that will work better. And I think I will replace the Hatchetmen with Nighskies, they are faster.
"But it SHOULD be a spectacle! It should be grand and exciting to us all! I'd hate to think that we've become so jaded that we find even our greatest tiumph, resurrecting the Star League, simply one more obligation."
-General Victor Steiner-Davion (First Prince and Archon in exile) 3064
Nightward
09/03/04 07:35 AM

The Nightskys are a better choice, as they're faster. Mainly it depends on the flavour of the force you're building.

It seems to be a Steiner force. Since Helioses are Com Guard/St. Ives Compact machinery, so staying away from that may be a good idea- unless, I suppose, you're playing an Outland Legion unit.

Personally, I'd take the Nightskys, and back them up with one heavy fire unit- a Barhest with a Gauss Cannon, or the War Dog (even though I think War Dogs suck- 5 tons of GR ammo FOR WHAT REASON NOW? AND WHY DO I HAVE TWO OS STREAK LAUNCHERS?). Then round out with an LRM boat- Archers also work well, and are nicely Steiner.

Use the Nightskys to corral them, tear chunks off 'em with the Gauss' power hits, and pepper to taste with LRMs.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
MadJackal
09/08/04 07:13 PM

Whether or not you take the Hatchetmen should depend on what kind of terrain you're fighting on. If the terrain is urban, go with the Hatchetmen. Speed won't matter in the city, and the Hatchetmens' better abilty to dissapate heat should give them an advantage. A Nightsky wouldn't last long after jumping and firing all of its pulse lasers. It would overheat and you'd be forced to not use it's firepower while waiting to cool down.

On the other hand, if the terrain is open, take the Nightsky because it's speed will allow you to flank the enemy and get in behind them with your hatchets, which would be more like your orriginal combat theory.

If I were going to take a lance, however, I would take several Clan 'Mechs, probably a Black Hawk Primary, a Vulture Primary, a Mad Cat A, and perhaps even something like a Dasher Primary or D. I'd probably take the D config for the Dasher. This would give you two heavy Omnis with plenty of long range power (Vulture's LRMs, Mad Cat's ER PPCs) to tie up the enemy with while your Black Hawk and Dasher use their maneuverability to flank the enemy and come up behind them, where their batteries of ER medium lasers could wreak havoc among your opponent's lance. The Dasher and the Black Hawk will probably be able to finish off a a 'Mech or two, providing that you've weakened the enemy with your long range support. Then, if need be, finish them off by wading in with your heavies as they are realing from the attacks of your lighter 'Mechs.

That's what I'd do, most likely.
"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." -Sun-Tzu
Sauragnmon
09/09/04 11:50 AM

If it's clan tech you're after, personally I'd consider the following:

1 Hunchback IIC
1 Mad Cat Primary
1 Guillotine IIC
1 Mad Cat Mk II

Off the top of my head, I can't recall if you're going to run into tech problems with the Mad Cat II, but as far as I can recall, it doesn't have any tech 3... just a pair of LRM 10's and Gauss Rifles, which turns it into an any range power hitter. Backed up by the original Cat's PPC's and 15's and the ERPPC and larges of that Guillotine, you deliver enough punch to give them considerable thought, and once that Hunchback IIC gets right up close for those twin Ultra 20's and Med Pulses you're gonna deliver massive punch on every hit. Show those freebirth who's boss...
Nightward
09/10/04 12:05 AM

90 tons of Clan tech, though, will get you one of the following:

Blood Kite
War Hawk
Savage Coyote
Blood Asp
Highlander IIC
Maruader IIC
Warhammer IIC

Or better yet, a standard Timber Wolf. The Mad Cat Mark II was only included in the board game to appease MW4 players; the design itself is all but worthless, particularly compared to a high-end Assualt like the Blood Kite, which is just vicious.

Also, the Timber Wolf Prime has neither LRM-15s, nor PPCs. No Timber Wolf config has that weapons mix. You might be thinking of the Timber Wolf A, which has dual PPCs over three Medium Pulse Lasers and a Streak SRM-6. And an ER Small Laser to make up the tonnage. Timber Wolves are always a good choice, particularly in their Prime config, which can handle just about anything. I use the A in Grand Melees where the ability to punch out concentrated (and head-capping) damage is crucial, but prefer to take the Prime for anything else. The 'S' holds some potential, though, too.

Another popular choice in the 75-ton bracket is the Night Gyr. I feel it's over-done, but then, that's probably because every Grand Melee I've played in over the last three years or so has featured a bazillion of them and not much else >:[

The Guillotine IIC is a good choice, but the heat it can produce means you've got to be pretty careful. I'd probably go with a Cauldron-Born myself, but the GLT-IIC is about the best way I've ever seen FASA or FanPro spend 70 tons.

The Hunchback, though, is more than a little questionable. 50 tons will also get you a Nova or an Ice Ferret, and for just 5 more tons you can get my pick of the medium weight class- the Storm Crow.

Personally, I try not to mix Clan and Inner Sphere 'Mechs in my Lances. If I play Clan, everything I use is Clan. If I play IS, everything is IS. I also try not to mix front and second-line gear in the same Stars, either. This is probably more of a flavour thing, though.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Greyslayer
09/10/04 02:42 AM

Rifleman IIC, Galahad II, Goshawk and Viper lead the way for second-liners in my opinion.

Someone mentioned Dasher D, perference would be for the Dasher H. Alot more firepower, even though you have to get really close the fact that any slow assault mech will get his back chewed up by a 20-tonner is worth the effort.

Night Gyr D if you don't allow indirect fire for LRMs is a great unit. Allowing for indirect fire could be fun though as you can call on something like a Kraken varient that holds 8xLRM15, though there is a Nova Cat going about with 6xLRM15s. Thunder or swarm ammo types could be interesting as well.

Still following the LRM idea and looking at IS unit perhaps a tank? See if you can get a bonus to tonnage for using vehicles (since they die so easily) and get your hands on something like a Heavy LRM Carrier... 4xLRM20 in a turret .
Sauragnmon
09/10/04 12:37 PM

*scratches his head* ok... my mistake... I must have been thinking of the prime... beats me where the hell I saw 15's in the torso and ERPPC's in the arms... not to mention machineguns in the torso and something under the PPC's.... meh...

I'd also like to take this moment to plug the Behemoth... great mech in my opinion... Large Pulses, Gauss Rifles and a small pulse... not a lot of weapons, but it's also armour plated like nobody's business.

I'd like to defend that Mad Cat II, personally I think the combination of LRM's and GR's is a pretty decent support option. 4 ER Mediums, 2 GR's with two tons of ammo each, a pair of 10's with a ton each of ammo... not to mention 3 jump MP's and maxed speed for an assault of 4/6... It's mobile for an assault mech, armoured pretty decently... and it packs enough baggage for an extended engagement... Only thing I might do differently is swap a laser or two for a TC... which would make it just a little bit nastier with the GR's... deliver both shots at one location... 30 damage right there... enough to strip the armour right off a section and deliver a pilot roll... then stack on more damage with the LRM's... improve it by delivering them with, say, Infernos... and you'll kill his heat... close to range of the lasers as well, and you'll be causing crits left and right with that targetting comp's help... no minimal engagement range, so you can get right up close and personal if you want to and really dish out the pain with that targetting computer... I don't care if it was there to appease the MW4 junkies, I actually like it...
Nightward
09/10/04 06:43 PM

FASA did put out "Mark I" OmniMechs before they released TR: 3050. Since the Timber Wolf illustration suggests it has PPC arms and LRM-15s in the pods, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the original config. Deathshadow used to have them up, but he now hosts the CBT page and I can't find them.

The problem with the Mad Cat Mark II is that it's so inefficient. It could have jumped 4 and had full armour if they'd gone with dual ER PPCs in place of the Gauss Cannon- and you can upgrade to dual, Artemised LRM-20s and pack the 'Mech full of Heat Sinks. FASA and FanPro have put out some true shockers in the past (like, frex, the aptly-named Fireball or the abominable 3050 OstScout) but the Mad Cat Mark II heads the list for mine.

Also, SRMs fire Infernoes. LRMs can fire Incendiaries, but they're different. Incindiaries only create fires in the hex they hit; they don't apply heat modifiers to the 'Mech.

Probably my bigest problem with it, though, is that they called it the "Mad Cat Mark II". The Timber Wolf is (IMO) the best 'Mech out there; if you're going to make something a "Mark II", I think you're supposed to improve it, not make the situation worse. And since you can't improve on perfection...

The problem with the Stone Rhino is its weapon selection and locations for them. The torsos are the most likely location to be hit, and that's where they stuck the Gauss Cannons. Anything that doesn't hit the Engine is probably going to hit the Gauss and blow them up; the Stone Rhino is also capable of dissipating only 20 heat per turn. Again a situation where ER PPCs would have been the correct choice. Consider this:

Type: Clan Wolf’s Stone Rhino
Technology Base: Clan, Second-Line
Mass: 100 Tons
Chassis: Clan Endo Steel
Power Plant: Clan 300 Standard
Cruising Speed: 32.4 kph
Maximum Speed: 54.0 kph
Jump Jets: 3 Jump Jets, of unknown design type.
Jump Capacity: 90 Metres
Armour: Clan Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
2 Clan ER PPCs
2 Clan Large Pulse Lasers
1 Clan ER Large Laser
1 Clan ER Small Laser
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Manufacturer: Clan Wolf
Primary Factory: Somewhere in the Kerensky Cluster

OVERVIEW

Clan Wolf deploys only a handful of Stone Rhinos (Better known in the Inner Sphere as the Behemoth). According to Khan Phelan Kell, all of Clan Wolf’s Stone Rhinos differ significantly from those found amongst the other Clans. Clan Wolf has long seen the value of Energy-based weapons during prolonged warfare. Since they require no ammunition, and outrange their Ballistic counterparts, Energy-based armaments are prevalent amongst the Wolves. Their OmniMechs have long employed Energy weapons as their primary armaments, and more so since the Battle of Tukayyid.

This philosophy of design was also present in Clan Wolf’s support echelons. Since all Clan second-line units are at the bottom of supply lists for upgrades, spare parts, and ammunition, Energy weapons pervade their BattleMechs. Many 'Mechs that used ballistic armaments have been retrofitted with energy weaponry. In the case of the Stone Rhino, the replacement of the Gauss Cannons with ER PPCs has had a profound effect upon its capabilities in battle.

The twelve tons saved by removing the Gauss Cannons and the five tons gained by using Endo Steel allowed Clan technicians to mount heavier armour and use a much hardier standard engine.

The removal of the bulky XL engine and Gauss Cannons also enabled the Clan technicians to fit a massive coolant system, which enables the Stone Rhino to use almost all of its weapons and not suffer from overheating problems.

CAPABILITIES

The ER PPCs which have replaced the Stone Rhino’s Gauss Cannons allow the 'Mech to fire an additional 30 metres with its primary weapons. The ER Large Laser that replaced the huge dummy barrel for the Small Pulse Laser has three times the firepower of the tiny weapon, and has seven times its range. Although the ER Large Laser cannot be employed in combination with the Large Pulse Lasers, the weapon does allow the Stone Rhino to make an impression on an opponent expecting the machine to be in its standard configuration.

The vast coolant system which now runs through the Stone Rhino allows the 'Mech to employ the ER PPCs and Large Pulse Lasers in unison, even whilst on the move. If the pilot jumps, the 'Mech’s heat becomes barely noticeable.

An ER Small laser mounted in a chin turret beneath the Stone Rhino’s jutting cockpit allows the 'Mech a bare defence against infantry, and allows a slightly enhanced punch up close; Clan ER Small Lasers inflict as much damage as Inner Sphere Medium Lasers.

The Stone Rhino also received enhanced armour. Although this still does not allow the 'Mech to take on the Battalion of 'Mechs it was specified to combat, the lack of volatile Gauss Cannons and the removal of the XL engine have dramatically increased the massive 'Mech’s survivability.

When one considers that the 'Mech can now use its primary weapons (the ER PPCs and Large Pulse Lasers) in conjunction, a feat which its predecessor could not manage, the enhanced armour and range made available to the 'Mech makes it a much greater threat than any other 'Mech of similar tonnage- excepting, perhaps, the monstrous Daishi.

DEPLOYMENT

Clan Wolf possesses perhaps ten Stone Rhinos. Khan Phelan’s Wolves-in-Exile field a pair of them in the same star in Omega galaxy.

MY BLURB

The removal of the Gauss Cannons and XL Engine means that an unlucky Critical Hit will no longer rip off half of your weapons and leave you unable to fire the Pulse Laser without overheating.

The use of ER PPCs gave it a bit of extra range (one whole hex, wooohoooo), but did remove the 'Mech’s reliance upon ammo. In my first attempts, the 'Mech had a Medium Pulse Laser riding sidecar with the Larges, instead of the ER Large laser, but in the end I decided to beef up the long-range firepower a little more. Should you loose an Arm, you will still have a 10-point weapon available at all times.

I seriously considered foregoing the Jump Jets and mounting a Targeting Computer, but ultimately decided to stay with the Jets. I have never used them (largely because I never made it to 3 hexes, being the DFA junkie that I am [Ask Scott/Greyslayer if you don’t believe me]).

Slightly heavier armour was obtained at the expensive of Heat Sinks. If you like, you can drop a couple of extra points of armour on the CT and legs, plus the ER Small Laser, and go for one more Double Heat Sink. I’m not too sure exactly what this would achieve- you still can’t fire the ER Large at range without heat, but it would become totally heat efficient when Jumping and using the ER PPC and Large Pulse Laser combo.

MASS BREAKDOWNS

Engine: 19
Gyro: 3
Cockpit: 3
Endo Steel: 5
Armour: 19.5
3 Jump Jets: 6
16 Additional Double Heat Sinks: 16
2 Large Pulse Lasers: 12
2 ER PPCs: 12
1 ER Large Laser: 4
1 ER Small Laser: .5

ARMOUR ALLOCATION

Head: 9
Centre Torso: 47/15
Side Torsos: 32/10
Arms: 34
Legs: 42

LOCATIONS

1 Large Pulse Laser, 2 Double Heat Sinks (No Lower Arm/Hand Actuators)- Each Arm
1 ER PPC, 4 Double Heat Sinks, 1 Jump Jet- Each Side Torso
1 ER Large Laser, 1 Jump Jet- Centre Torso
1 ER Small Laser- Head

BV: 3,028. This 'Mech leaves all others behind. The only cannon unit which can top it is the Dire Wolf C, which comes in at a tad under 3,300. Few of my custom designs even approach the 3,000 BV mark; the only one which tops it (so far) is the Pillager IIC, which is just plain nuts. It may make it here on day. Until then, enjoy!

It's not a coincidence that it looks similar to the Widowmaker or War Hawk C; dual PPC/Pulse Laser combos are highly effective, especially when you can actually vent the heat.

Scott reminded me below of the Glass Spider Mark (Galahad) II. That's a nasty little piece of work- 2 Large Pulses and an array of Mediums and Smalls linked to a Targeting Computer. The Vapour Eagle (Goshawk) is also a vicious little design.

For the 50-Ton category, another 'Mech springs to mind: the Huntsman (Nobori-Nin). The perennial tournament favourite down here is the version with dual Large Pulse Lasers, an LB-2X A/C, and an LRm-10. That thing is just plain nuts.

Another one that's worth looking at is the Hellion. 7/11/14 and with solid armour and weapons, it's also going to be a bit of a surprise to your opponents, who likely will not have seen it before.

I'd go the Fire Moth D over the H, largely because it can hit opponents at 15 hexes. Thgis means that your opponent is facing a range penalty as well as the already obscene movement penalty when shooting back. The damage offered by the H is nice, but it uses Heavy Lasers and so eliminates the standard -1 To-Hit. 35 damage in one place is enough to shred any 'Mech from behind; even a Dire Wolf will be left with just 11 points of CT internal structure- and you've got 3 Critical Hit rolls. Personally, I'd blast a side torso, because that way, two engine hits are garuanteed if all five lasers hit.
Greyslayer
09/12/04 05:26 PM

Quote:

I'd go the Fire Moth D over the H, largely because it can hit opponents at 15 hexes. Thgis means that your opponent is facing a range penalty as well as the already obscene movement penalty when shooting back. The damage offered by the H is nice, but it uses Heavy Lasers and so eliminates the standard -1 To-Hit. 35 damage in one place is enough to shred any 'Mech from behind; even a Dire Wolf will be left with just 11 points of CT internal structure- and you've got 3 Critical Hit rolls. Personally, I'd blast a side torso, because that way, two engine hits are garuanteed if all five lasers hit.

This is a misconception many players make. I'll explain what is wrong with what Nightward said, tactically:

- 15 hexes for the Clans is pretty much medium range for many of the Clan weapons (for example Gauss, ER Large, classed as medium for Large Pulse since you have the whole +4 for range -2 to hit thing).

- sitting at 15 hexes usually means that you continually win initiative. NEVER rely on continually winning initiative.

- It gets very hard to manouver into someone's back arc at 15 hexes. Harder still to target a location and expect to hit with everything.

- Unless you are talking Kingfisher (which doesn't even have XL Engines) or Man O War (which can kick up some movement modifiers anyway of its own) which other assault mechs only have very few used crits in the side torsos? Odds on for most you will hit double heat sinks.... big whoop.

- Its funny to see a player ruin a perfectly good tactical manouver when playing against a Dasher H (pure fear) compared to a Dasher D. One mech on one Mech the H is probably inferior but in a lance/star situation having something that can run (or walk is more preferable... HINT.. HINT) and smash a far larger unit pretty bad.

The Numbers:

-Standard Scenario:

Unit A is a Masakari C, it hurts, it ranges pretty much everything and a single weapon hit could pretty much turn the Dasher (regardless of variant) into paste.

Unit B is a Dasher D
Unit C is a Dasher H

The map is fairly consistant (like the tourney map most commonly used from Mapset 2). Unit A, initially unmolested makes the cover of some heavy woods and clears the terrain it for clear shots. Meanwhile Unit B may try a couple of sniper shots about the turn the Masakari makes the heavy woods only to get 2 Lg Pulse back, if both are 2gunner and 3 pilots then we see this.

Unit A to hit Unit B: gun 2 + Unit A move 2 + Unit B move +4 + 1 intervening wood + 4 range mode - 3 for targ/pulse
10s to hit for two weapons.
Unit B to hit Unit A: gun 2 + Unit B move 2 + unit b being in heavy +2 + 1 for intervening wood + 4 for range - 1 for targetting comp.
10s with 4 ER Mediums.

From here on the Masakari doesn't have to include movement into its firing. The Dasher D has to be very lucky just to survive engagements where there is a 1 in 6 chance of getting belted in a good situation! If the Dasher D runs up there is a very good chance it becomes paste... why not take the suicide method..

Unit A makes the woods, Unit C has a choice (run in behind the unit before making the woods) or walk in behind the Masakari later when it makes the woods.... lets try the first option.

Unit A, 2 gun + 2 move + 4 opp move - 3 pulse
5s to hit 2 x Large Pulse
Unit B, 2 gun + 2 move + 2 opp move +1 hvy - 1 targeting
6s to hit or 10s to target a location. 9 x Heavy Small Laser.

there is still a chance the Unit C survives, either one weapon misses (28% per weapon) and the other hits a survivable location (ct no crits rolled or arm and lost some firepower etc). Both weapons miss (unlikely) or both weapons hit locations the mech survives from (one arm and ct for example).

Meanwhile the Dasher H has 6-8 rolls (on average) in the back of the assault mech... pretty good odds of doing critical damage or even killing the unit (the so-called double head tap being one of them, increased chances of a 'snake eyes', increased chances of 2,3 or more going to a left or right torso or even 3 to the ct rear).

Unless the unit being targetted has no cover, didn't move or is shutdown/prone the best you can usually wish for in targetting a specific location with a Dasher D is about 8 (with 5 ER Mediums that is about 2 to 3 hit).

Assault mechs (in particular Clan ones),in general, are going to hit a light unit. The best option is to try to damage as much tonnage as possible with as little as possible. Trying to play 'fancy footwork' with something that has a high % of dieing from a single decent weapon hit is hardly being effective with this mindset.

So the unit has one less to hit, it doesn't have the ability to run up and 'brass' up a unit as effectively as a Dasher H, especially the big juicy targets that are the Assault mechs someone would surely select in a lance or star
Nightward
09/12/04 07:28 PM

At no stage did I suggest that you should dance around at 15 hexes.

Just that you can hit at that range. If it so happens that you opponent closes with you, or you make a mistake somewhere, it's more likely you'll be able to shoot them. A Fire Moth H, OTOH, just has to sit there and hope. Even a few points of damage can be the difference between victory and defeat.

Further, you've got a 5-hex Short range bracket. So there are a few weapons (MPL, SRM, ATM w/HE ammo, etc) that mighttake a range penalty for firing at you when you don't suffer one firing back.

A Fire Moth H must close to 1 hex to go short, perhaps risking a physical attack in addition to whatever fire the enemy can generate.

Most Clan 'Mechs can flip their arms. It doesn't particularly matter whether you're in their front or rear; you're still going to be in a world of hurt because their primary weapons are in the arms.

I was still talking about targeting from close range, too. The idea with shooting the CT is hoping for a load of Engine crits or Gyro damage- but it's still random. 35 damage to a side torso from the rear *WILL* lop it off- and most Clan 'Mechs use XLs. So you get a garuanteed 2 Engine Hits, and since most Clan 'Mechs also store ammo in the side torsos, you can hope for a couple of Pilot Hits as well.

Shooting the CT has a bigger potential reward- but only if you roll the magic numbers. Even with 3 attempts, you're probably only going to inflict two Critical Hits. You might get lucky and paralyze them with dual Gyro Hits, but you might get one Gyro and one Engine, or two Engine. A better case for CT shooting can be made when the lower two slots are filled with ammo, but it's not a common feature on any 'Mech; the only Clan machine I can think of that has ammo in the CT is (IIRC) the Thunder Stallion.

Anyone fielding a Thunder Stallion DESERVES to be back-shot.

If you intend to target a location, the Fire Moth D is better. If you want to go scattered damage and hope to take out torsos, the H is better.

But like I say, I'd pick the Fire Moth D because it has a 15 hex firing range compared to a 3 Hex Firing range on the Fire Moth H.

The only time you ever see Fire Moth Hs is in Grand Melees. Nobody's dumb enough to waste tonnage on the gamble of maybe pasting one enemy 'Mech.

BVs, mind you...2.5K BVs will get you a metric crapload of Fire Moth Hs. Providing they let you take more than 1 of a single unit and nobody kills you for being a tard, of course
Sauragnmon
09/15/04 01:15 AM

Having taken a second look at the GLT-IIC... there's something to it that I didn't like... unspent crits and a waste of tonnage... I prefer my alterations to it... I tossed the SRM-6 and its ammo, switched it to an XL engine... pumped up the heat sink quantity and came out with 48 heat dissipation. With some tons left over, I pumped the armour up to max and called it good. 4/6 speed, 4 jump and all stock weapons but the SRM-6. Strips off some of the short range power but the mech's lost the heat problem.
Nightward
09/15/04 04:53 AM

Many newer players think that the Xl engine is great because of the tonnage it saves you.

However, the weight savings must be balanced against what advantages the mass can give you. On lighter 'Mechs, the mass can be put into both a larger engine and better armour.

But on heavier 'Mechs, the weight gain is hardly offset by the heavier armour- you're going to be hit every bit as often, so having an extra few points of difference is barely noticible.

It might be better to downgrade the ER PPC to an ER Large Laser and remove the SRM for extra tonnage to devote to Heat Sinks. That is something like 5 tons; going XL only saves you eight.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 58 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8244

Contact Admins Sarna.net