the drawing board

Pages: 1
discolando27
09/03/04 02:10 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Oh the horror, I have to reinstall windows so the drawing board doesn't work, reinstalling doesn't let it work again either..oddly enough the program loads but sits as a collapsed window *shrugs* even going so far as to remove reg settings for the program doesn't work, and worst of all I'm mrm, lazy so I can't learn to use another program I would be deeply appreciative if anyone who might have had this problem in the past has a solution, or heck if not a wild ass guess for something I may not have tried to fix it
Nightward
09/03/04 03:37 AM

Happened to me, too. Deathshadow, one of the Forum's IT gurus told me to how to fix it:

"Right click on it's taskbar item, choose move. Press an arrow key, then try moving the mouse around wildly. The mouse is dragging it around offscreen, you just have to figure out WHERE offscreen. It's been moved WAY off screen, and changing resolution just pushes it further away..

You can also edit it's registry item, although the move/drag usually works well enough for me."

All hail the wisdom of Deathshadow.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
discolando27
09/03/04 11:45 PM

Woohoo! Solved the problem, and oddly enough the problem hasn't come back like I half suspected it might *touch of paranoia here* even after restarts, etc your help is much appreciated the few battletech players around where I live wouldn't know what to look for if I'd asked them, I'd figured I'd be able to depend on someone here

*tosses the 2 six sided dice.. double 1's! whoops, shot your foot off again did you?
Carthaginian
09/04/04 12:44 AM

How can you edit the regestry?

The click and drag isn't getting it for me!
Nightward
09/04/04 03:53 AM

That, I can't help with. Try PMing Deathshadow.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Rick Raisley
09/04/04 06:37 PM

Quote:

How can you edit the regestry?

The click and drag isn't getting it for me!

First close TDB.

Then Go to Start > Run and type "regedit" and hit Enter.

When RegEdit opens, go to Edit > Find (or Ctrl-F), type in "Drawing Board" and hit Enter. That should take you to a registry location something like:

HKEY_USERS\funnynumberhere\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Blackstone Interactive.

You will see in the pane to the right several Names, along with the Type and Data. Find the Left Name, double-click on it and enter a zero (0) in the Data field and click OK. Do the same thing for Top. This is where the window location is stored. Close RegEdit (which saves the registry automatically), and start TDB. You should find it opening in the upper left corner of the screen.
Rick Raisley
heavymetal@bellsouth.net

HeavyMetal Pro, Vee and Lite Home Page:
www.heavymetalpro.com
Carthaginian
09/04/04 09:09 PM

Thanks... It's back now.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 42 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6024

Contact Admins Sarna.net