A Cry to the Masses

Pages: 1
Nevik
09/09/04 10:23 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
It has been about a year scince I first heard the term "Battle 'Mech". For the past 6 to 8 months I have been searching for someone, ANYONE, who might have also heard its call. I am at my wits end. I love this game, but NO ONE has even HEARD of it before.

I'm getting desperate. If anybody reads this, and lives in Memphis, Tennessee... PLEASE RESPOND! I KNOW I AM NOT ALONE! IS ANYBODY OUT THERE?! For Nine months I have looked and found nothing. I will play Battletech, Aerotech, Campains, Pickups, Customs, Cannon, Levels 1-4, just so long as I PLAY.

The next step for me is putting an add in the paper. I am that desperate.
I'm 18, a freshman in College (University of Memphis, GO TIGERS!), and can play monday-friday nights and sunday nights. I have my own Aerotech2 book and 2 mapsheets (plus the cardboard cutouts that came in the Classic box set).

Tell me I am not alone here. I love this game. Some how I have sustained myself for just about a year while NEVER COMPLEATING 3 TURNS OF THIS GAME. Let some one be out there

You can also reach me at: LowBrassRules@aol.com
-Nuke the Whales

-Revenge of the drunken pandas
Carthaginian
09/12/04 07:42 PM

I feel yout pain- thoug I'm not close enough to help. I go to Auburn University and all these infants around here think that oyou can only play 'games' on a comp or an X-box.

Looking for a playgroup myself- and having about the same amount of luck.
Seo
09/16/04 07:54 PM

I feel for both of you, try finding a group in a place that relies on rich americans to come up and go hunting and fishing for an economy. The closest thing I can find are stubbern PC gamers.
"...and Wayward will keep telling us how great the feature will be even it does screw the whole neveron community like a Hentai Tentacle Monster screws a Japanese School Girl..."
-Seo

For a nice cash bonus in new empires use the promo code "Seo is God"
Carthaginian
09/16/04 08:51 PM

Seo...

Much the same here, we rely on rich Yankees to come down and spend the tourist dollar... hunting is a big draw due to the huge game population.

And no college-age gamer wants to play anything that doesn't come on a CD.
Spartan
09/17/04 08:32 AM

>>And no college-age gamer wants to play anything that doesn't come on a CD.

That's not entirely true. I wanted to play all through out college age. I'm still in college for another degree and I still want to play. I've just never found a group that could regularly and consistently meet. And I live in Fort Worth!! The DFW metroplex is one of the most populous areas in the United States and I *still* can't find a group to play Battletech with.
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
coldwave
09/18/04 11:20 PM

Quote:

I feel for both of you, try finding a group in a place that relies on rich americans to come up and go hunting and fishing for an economy. The closest thing I can find are stubbern PC gamers.

That sounds like the exact description of Alaska...Hmmm, me thinks I may have a neighbor!

- Tanaka
Seo
09/19/04 07:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That sounds like the exact description of Alaska...Hmmm, me thinks I may have a neighbor!

- Tanaka

Hmm New Brunswick is on the east Atlantic and Alaska is on the Pasific hmmm... this could be tricky.
"...and Wayward will keep telling us how great the feature will be even it does screw the whole neveron community like a Hentai Tentacle Monster screws a Japanese School Girl..."
-Seo

Zwischy
10/03/04 04:58 PM

Any of you guys checked out megamek.net?

You can pick up a copy of the MegaMek client, which allows you to play BT online. It's the full game, with the level 2 rules implemented (and some level 3), played on hexboards.

There is also MegaMekNET, which is a separate client and server which not only uses MegaMek but also provides a campaign for those of you looking for such. It isn't quite a roleplaying campaign, but you DO have to earn the Mechs you want to use, one way or another, and it's played on the canon IS map.

Right now, the server people most commonly play on is the level 1, 3025 timeline server, but you CAN find level 2 servers as well. It might be just the thing for you isolanis...
Seo
10/22/04 09:55 PM

Online will never beat the real thing for me, it just isn't as fun.
-Seo

Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 143 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6670

Contact Admins Sarna.net