Life on a dropship.

Pages: 1
Gnome76
10/05/04 05:26 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
One thing I don't really care for is the lack of rules for amenities on a ship... you know, common rooms, mess halls, laundry, waste disposal (household... I figure personal is factored in to quarters), holovid theaters, and whatever the equivalent of a PX/BX would be in BattleTech... I would like to think that stuff included on a USN ship would still make it 1000 years later... especially since the average 1G transit time is 2 weeks, plus 1 week per jump (disregarding LIFBs and command circuits).

The quickest way I can think of to represent this would just be to factor in an extra 1-5 tons per crew/passenger... I guess depending on the quality of the amenities, if you use rules for morale...

Amenities:
Minimal--1 ton per crew/passenger, -2 morale, 250 Cb per ton (250 per crew/passenger)
Tolerable--2 tons per crew/passenger, -1 morale, 500 Cb per ton (1000 per crew/passenger)
Average--3 tons per crew/passenger, no morale modifier, 750 Cb per ton (2250 per crew/passenger)
Excellent--4 tons per crew/passenger, +1 morale, 1000 Cb per ton (4000 per crew/passenger)
Luxurious--5 tons per crew/passenger, +2 morale, 1250 Cb per ton (6250 per crew/passenger)

I guess this isn't really quite as important for civilians in terms of game effects, except a civilian transport/cruise ship might increase ticket prices based on amenities, or just restrict the better stuff to people with the better tickets (Starship Titanic comes to mind)...
CrayModerator
10/05/04 07:46 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I figure the amount of amenities go up in relation to the quality of the quarters: steerage, second class, first class. A ship with a lot of first class quarters will have substantial recreational facilities. A ship using a lot of infantry bays will be assholes-and-elbows hell.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 38 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3870

Contact Admins Sarna.net