Targeting Computers

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Karagin
01/18/02 06:31 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Why are so quick to defend them?

If asking them not to talk about something because I happen to feel it is not needed in the over all discussion is wrong? How so? It was clear that they were going to keep on saying BV is the answer to anything ubalancing in the game, and that is not true or correct.

So please tell me how my asking them to please come back on to the topic is wrong? You have yet to answer that. All you keep saying is it makes me seem or sound like I am full of myself...funny I thought asking was best way to KEEP the discussion on track and not sprial off into something else...gee...guess I was wrong.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Karagin
01/18/02 07:56 PM

I think you summed it up nicely.
Karagin

Bob_Richter
01/18/02 08:22 PM

yeah, but you ever hear one sing soprano?
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Bob_Richter
01/18/02 08:23 PM

I LOVE how you refer to yourself in the plural, Karagin.

They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
Bob_Richter
01/18/02 08:27 PM

>>>I stated my take on the computers, as written their advantages, -1 to hit FOR ALL DIRECT FIRE WEAPONS ON THE MECH, the ability to
target a location have those same weapons ALL pound it and the fact that NOTHING IN LEVEL TWO PLAY CAN INTERFERE WITH IT, put's
into the relam of mucnhkin land. <<<

Yeah. They do that.

But having an ability doesn't make something unbalanced.

>>>
It's only draw back is it get's bigger in size and weight as you add weapons...that doesn't balance it out at all. <<<

I think it does. It eats up crits and tons that could be used for more useful equipment.

>>>Sorry but to me it's munchy and easilly abuses by those that want to power game or must win at all cost players, aka Munchkins. <<<

Keep in mind, Karagin, you asked for our opinions. We aren't necessarily trying to convince you of them.

Bob_Richter
01/18/02 08:31 PM

>>>I haven't said anyone is wrong, I said I don't agree with their take on it and that they need to try harder on selling the idea that the TC is NOT a munchy item. <<<

Actually, you have. Never mind. It's not important.

Karagin, I'd say you need to work harder on selling the idea that it IS a munchy item. I don't personally care about your opinion, it seems to be you who is trying to alter mine, and repeatedly stating your opinion is not the way to do this.

>>>Funny thing about this I have posted the same question on two other boards and NOT ONCE has anyone acted like you and Bob, NOR as
anyone taken cheap shots anyone when they have disagree or flat out didn't like the poster's opinion...maybe some of you should stop
thinking your opinion is the finial say. <<<

Which two boards are these? Care to post links so I can see for myself?

>>>You keep telling me, that I don't listen, and I shouldn't post thing if I have made my mind up already about the topic, yet everytime you and
Bob and couple of others are quick to tell me I am wrong and IN YOUR OPINION I SHOULD BE LISTENING ONLY TO YOU OPINIONS. <<<

No, Karagin, it's quite the other way around. You asked for our opinions, and then denounced us for having them. Honestly, if you can't deal with a little dissent, maybe you should leave potentially controversial topics alone.

>>>Maybe it's time for you folks to wise up and listen to your own comments, but no you won't do that, it's easier to attack belittle me then it
is to admit you are doing the same thing you are bitiching about me doing<<<

I would suggest that you take your own advice, Karagin.

Karagin
01/18/02 08:32 PM

Actually you are trying to sell them to me, since everytime I don't agree or point out you are straying from the topic you come back with some assiane remark and go of on a tanget.

There is a difference between tell me you disagree and why and tell me I am wrong because I won't take your opinon as fact.
Karagin

Bob_Richter
01/18/02 08:32 PM

Maturity level could certainly never be a consideration. After all, they let YOU in, don't they? :)

Where are these boards, Karagin?

Bob_Richter
01/18/02 08:34 PM

>>>Actually you are trying to sell them to me, <<<

No I'm not.

>>>
There is a difference between tell me you disagree and why and tell me I am wrong because I won't take your opinon as fact. <<<

You say this, but you are apparently incapable of telling the difference.

Sad, that.

Oh well.

Bob_Richter
01/18/02 08:36 PM

No, Karagin. He was on-topic. He's right. He wins, you lose.

Sorry.

Thanks for playing.

Karagin
01/18/02 08:36 PM

Thank you to those that gave opinons on this with any extra bits and pices attached. It was interesting reading what you wrote.
Karagin

Karagin
01/19/02 12:02 AM

Right so it's not an offical mech...I see...
Karagin

Nightmare
01/20/02 01:38 AM

No, but there are several Clan Omnis you can equip with three
ER PPCs. So ask yourself if the tons spent on a TC are worth
the DHS you could have had? The TC forces you to leave out
other stuff, that`s a balancing factor in itself!

There are other things that disturb the balance more severely.
Double Heat Sinks for one :)
Advice for Evil Overlords:
My legions of terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 12999

Contact Admins Sarna.net