What is Your Favorite Battlemech

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
raven
06/04/01 05:05 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
What is your favorite Battlemech and why?? Please chose one Clan and and one Inner Sphere. Also keep it to Fasa official designs only.

Bob_Richter
06/04/01 05:12 PM

My favorite 'Mech?

Overall?

Warhawk/Masakari. There's still a little munchboy left in me, and it holds some senitmental value since it's the 'Mech Munchboy tried out in.

My favorite IS 'Mech would have to be....

(long, vacant pause as Bob contemplates....)

...a very difficult decision.

I prefer the 3025 era for IS tech and so my favorite design would be...
...something in the original 3025 tech readout.

Let's try this again.

uh.....Thunderbolt.

Those things are unnaturally tough, and no slouch for firepower either.

-Bob Richter

He who would have peace must first prepare for war
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Karagin
06/04/01 05:15 PM

I have two IS mechs that I like and will use if given the choice of picking my own mechs:

Highlander (90 tons) and the Shadow Hawk (55 tons)

Clan:
No set one, but I do like the Highlander IIC as well as the Behemoth. The Omnis are by far the best of the Clan mechs since they allow you more flexibility in combat with the weapons configs being changable etc...

Karagin
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
The_Ogre
06/04/01 05:31 PM

WHIIC is just one tough customer.

Grand Dragon is my favourite weapon combo. ( and a great looking mini)

"We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker!"
Warner_Doles
06/04/01 11:01 PM

Inner Sphere:
3025: CGR-1A5 Charger
3062: CGR-SA5 Charger

Clan:
Nova Cat Omni

--Warner

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
phoenix
06/04/01 11:04 PM

Inner Sphere= Dragon Fire

Clan= Nova Cat

Phoenix

"I hear chopping, but I don't hear digging."
Phoenix
The_Nice_Guy
06/04/01 11:12 PM

IS 3025: Thunderbolt. The best mech in the heavy class by far.

IS 3062: Devastator. Incredible lon-range damage potential with low overheat!

Clan Front Line: Nobori-Nin or Stormcrow. These are the most versatile Omnis around.

Clan Second Line: Clint IIC. Don't know why, though.

The Nice Guy

Beyond common courage. The mark of a true soldier.
Beyond common courage. The mark of a true soldier.
ErichRaulfestone
06/04/01 11:57 PM

to be honest, a dead battlemech, not my own of couse.......but to choose, a thanatos

what does it mean to be a TRUE leader....ask those beneth you and you will learn......
Erich Raulfestone

Rangers, Lead the Way!
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
Isaiah 6:8

......and I went......
Bob_Richter
06/05/01 02:35 AM

>>>3062: CGR-SA5 Charger<<<

Hay! No 'Mech you designed, even if they ARE official...:)

-Bob Richter

He who would have peace must first prepare for war

They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
raven
06/05/01 05:24 PM

I like the responses I am getting.

My favorite IS stock mech is definetly the CES-3R Caeser, I don't know why but I think it has to do with Marcus Gioavanti and Avanti's Angels.

My Favorite Clan Mech has got to be the Black Hawk Prime(Nova). I've been addicted to it since the original Mechwarrior 2 game.

The_Ogre
06/05/01 05:26 PM

A fun topic, and one that doesn't cause arguments.

Novel concept Raven, post more!

Grizzly
06/05/01 07:50 PM

3025: Grasshopper; it jumps and can fire everything and hardly a blip on the heat scale.

3050-3060: Awesome 9Q; four PPC's and the heat sinks to fire them, nuff said!

Clan: Timberwolf; versatile and deadly.

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; for he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother"
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
Grizzly
06/05/01 07:52 PM

Bob, what do you think of the Eridani T-bolt? I actually prefer it over the standard.

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; for he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother"
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
Bob_Richter
06/06/01 05:47 PM

I've found that variations on the T-Bolt tend to rob it of its godlike survivability, but jumpjets are cool too. :)

No, I like it, I've just never gotten the chance to play with it (don't play ELH, ya know.)

-Bob Richter
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

SoyBigHead
06/06/01 11:10 PM

i have to say 2 I.S. mechs
3025 Locust >=] (simply so much fun to be cratered by ANYTHING bigger)
3060 Bushwhacker; just looks bad...

clan im going with the Stone Rhino; i just love the weird laser-thingie over the cockpit, but then i suppose id have to love the Marauder-IIC then as well

"sometimes i feel like i dont have a partner; sometimes i feel like my only friend is the city i live in, the city of angels, lonely as i am, together we cry"
"lights out; guerrila radio; turn that --it up! aw he-- cant stop us now!"
"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-Mark Twain
Bob_Richter
06/08/01 04:29 PM

>>> -The Stoner Rhino's jump capability (3) is literally not worth using, because a mech
jumping three hexes is easier to hit than the jumping mech is to fire. <<<

Narrow munchkin thinking. Even three JJs helps a 'Mech move quickly over broken or uneven terrain. I actually had a calculation once to determine (based on the map surface it was on) if a 'Mech's JJs were worthwhile in this capacity. The Behemoths were in most cases, the SHD-2H's were only useful opn the Heavy Woods map.

-Bob Richter

Bob_Richter
06/10/01 12:43 PM

>>>-One of its base problems is that it comes with ten tons of fixed heat sinks. this means of
variants with gauss rifles or other low-heat weapons, it wastes lots of tons and many
criticals<<<

The problem, then, is that there are variants with Gauss Rifles or other low-heat weapons. The Masakari is not designed to carry autocannons, machine guns, missiles, or gauss. It's an energy boat.

>>>-Also, Endo Steel saves more weight than ferro-fibrous- about 3 tons!<<<

Woo.

>>>-Unfortuantely, almost every variant overheats way too much.<<<

Overheating is an OPTION, not a problem. Especially in cases such as the WarHawk.

>>>-I've made a variant where you add 3 Er-PPC's, 4 Jump Jets, a Targ.Comp. an AMS and
ammo, an ECM, and 4 more heat sinks. BV=3430. Much Fun!!!<<<

My WarHawk could whoop it, and it has a lower BV.
No jumpjets to stupidly inflate its value, and OH capability drops the BV nicely.

>>>>
-I agree that the Masakari is a good mech, except that I've made it many times better.<<<

No, you've made it many times more flavorless.

urk.

-Bob Richter

DireWolf
06/10/01 05:20 PM

I have a few.

Clan: The Dire Wolf (I have found that piloting it is quite a challenge since everyone is gunning for you), The Timber Wolf (The best multi-purpose 'Mech in Btech) and the Storm Crow (A smaller, faster, Timber Wolf).

IS: MAD-3R Marauder. I love the way that Battlemech looks !

-LeV "Dire Wolf" Arris.

"Hate is the emotion that will cause a man to journey to hell. Love is the emotion that will cause a man to journey to hell, and back, just to do it again."
-Lt. Lev (Res. Inf.) "Dire Wolf" Arris, IDF.

"What is it like fighting the Wolf ? Imagine a lightning with legs, an earthquake with arms, a catastrophe with genius or just pure hell on wheels".
Cabhammer
06/11/01 03:18 PM

IS: Marik Cerberus. Gauss, ERPPC, DHS, and 6 MPLs. Whatever range you want to fight at, I will be there... ;-)

Other Contenders:
-MAD-3R: Classic heavy. Heat management is an art form.
-Panther: a little Slow, but it can shoot holes in anything it can't run from. Must wear a rising sun bandana and scream "Banzai" frequently during play to upset opponent.
-No Dachi: Moderate speed, MRMs, sword. These things are the modern T-Bolts...
-T-Bolt 9SE. Jumper, even weapons mix, good al around mech. Usually hangs in until the last shred of armor is left...

Clan:
Tough one. I like the Nova Cat D The one with 3 HLL and a LBX10. Lots of HS and a Targeting Computer make this thing nasty. Head shots for 17 are frequent. Heck, even body shots for 17 are painful. Once you open big holes with the lasers, shoot some chunky cluster rounds in to find crits.

Other Contenders:
-Daishi S. It jumps, has LPLs, max armor, and an AC20, say no more...
-Grendel Prime. I just like this mech, kind of like a Clan Wraith but better... ;-).
-Kraken. Big, infinite die rolls, infinte crits. Fun with MGs at close range...

Bob_Richter
06/11/01 03:19 PM

>>>I was really not aware that you can taste mechs. I suppose you can when I DFA your head w/ my
JumpJets.<<<

I can. And yours doesn't taste good. (BTW, if you think you can ever get close enough to DFA me or actually LIVE THROUGH a DFA attack on my 'Mech, you are sadly mistaken.)

>>>Ok, overheating does not allow you to fire all of your weapons constantly and therefore not able to do
maximum damage constantly. The problem multiplies if you are forced to shut down or if your ammo
explodes (that's never fun)<<<

1) Why are you carrying ammo?
2) Why would you overheat yourself that badly?

Overheating is an option. It gives you more firepower in a pinch than you would have otherwise.

Many 'Mechs have logical firing patterns that allow them to generate slight overheat every other turn or so for a massive improvement in damage.

A fine example of just such a 'Mech is the AWS-8Q Awesome.

It has 3 PPCs and 28 heat sinks. It can overheat by 4 points a turn when firing and running.

Thus you have the following fire pattern: 3/2/3/2/3/2...ad nauseum. An average of 25 points of damage per turn.

The same effect can be achieved without overheating by replacing one PPC with an AC/5 (drop several HS for the extra ton required and ammo). Of course, this configuration has two obvious drawbacks: 1) Explosive ammunition 2) cannot generate 30 damage in any one turn.

So, as you see, overheating is an option.

>>>What is your Warhawk, Bob?<<<

Back to Warhawks, then. My favorite standard config is the C, which has 2 ER PPCs (30 heat) 2 Large Pulse Lasers (20 heat) and 23 DHS (46 cooling) Oh yeah, it also has a Flamer, but if you actually fire the silly thing, you're goofier than I thought.

While moving, I am effectively limited to three out of four weapons (though, in a pinch, I can use all four, -1MP is not that bad when you have an even MP value.) For difficult shots, I use the pulse lasers and one of the PPCs, still a not-too-bad 35 points damage per turn (at long ranges, remember). For closer shots, one of the Pulse Lasers drops out for a PPC, raising the damage to 40.

When standing still, all weapons come into play. I can fire the full arsenal (50 dmg) for 2 turns and then drop a PPC for one firing pattern or one cycle of full followed by a dropped pulse laser.

Of course, for my personal Warhawk, I like to toss in some close-range firepower to get anyone who comes close. In one configuration, the ER PPCs get dropped (Pulse Lasers are more accurate anyway) as do 3 of the heat sinks. One LPL shifts to the opposite arm, and each arm gains 2 Medium Pulse Lasers. (for a total of 20 tons and 36 heat) Munchboy's configuration also included an anti-missile system and a Streak SRM launcher or two. (since he had 8.5 tons to work with, having dropped the Flamer)

Of course, Munchboy hasn't piloted a WarHawk in years.

If I were to design a Warhawk configuration now...

...well, let's look at what I have for pod space.
32.5 tons, right?

I've learned a few things about ranged combat since I met a certain Wolf, so the first thing that goes in there is a quartet of ER Large Lasers (so that I cannot be outranged by a lighter 'Mech, but can still mete out punishment in appropriate doses). This occupies 16 tons, leaving 16.5.
since this arsenal will trouble me with 48 points of heat, the addition of three heat-sinks seems prudent.
leaving me with 13.5 tons of pod space.

I will fill the remaining space with 4 ER Medium Lasers (a 28-point punch at close range for only 20 points of my heat. Add in two of the ER Larges and it becomes a 48-point shock for 44 heat), a 4-ton Targeting Computer (it is, after all, a WarHawk), and an ATM-6 with two tons of ammunition. (allowing it to carry standard and HE rounds)

I have other configs, of course...

-Bob Richter

Bob_Richter
06/11/01 04:55 PM

The explosive ATM ammo is not an issue when your normal O/H levels are not sufficient to provoke an ammo explosion.

the BV is 2430, BTW.

Supernovas are great, as long as you have a lot of wide-open terrain and your opponent doesn't get to point-blank range with a TSM-powered hatchet and remove half of your heat sinks.

-Bob Richter

Acolyte
06/13/01 09:46 AM

I like the Marader. Just the way it looks.

As for the Clams, I like the MadCat.
And you can take a wild guess why.

Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for one night,
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Acolyte
Bob_Richter
06/19/01 02:21 AM

Don't knock the Rifleman IIC. I would be a Smoke Jaguar Bondsman right now if my Ursus hadn't gotten a lucky head hit on one of those monsters.

Scary.

-Bob Richter

DireWolf
06/19/01 11:56 AM

The Widowmaker :)

-LeV "Dire Wolf" Arris.

"Hate is the emotion that will cause a man to journey to hell. Love is the emotion that will cause a man to journey to hell, and back, just to do it again."

"What is it like fighting the Wolf ? Imagine a lightning with legs, an earthquake with arms, a catastrophe with genius or just pure hell on wheels".
DireWolf
06/19/01 05:17 PM

Ruger is right. The transmissions of the first units fighting the Clans at the beginning of the invasion make for a far more interesting read.

-LeV "Dire Wolf" Arris.

The_Ogre
06/19/01 05:23 PM

What do you want?

It's Stackpole.

DireWolf
06/20/01 02:43 AM

I gather you have never faced a certain menace known as Star Captain Torc ?

-Star Colonel Lev Kerensky, 69th Wolf Assault Cluster, Beta Galaxy, Clan Wolf-in-Exile.

OOC:
That remaining Jaguar is played by Justin Xiang. And JX is damned good.

-LeV "Dire Wolf" Arris.

DireWolf
06/20/01 02:47 AM

Strange. I thought he gave no clue as to his liking or disliking of Victor. Face it, you are just reading something that is not there. I can tell you that when this scene began in the book, I knew who the guy behind the hood was. As for it being overused, I have read it so many times on the internet, in webpages, signatures and just as a plain quotes in posts its not even funny.

-LeV "Dire Wolf" Arris.

Bob_Richter
06/20/01 08:50 AM

There is nothing new under the sun...

...or under ANY sun for that matter.

If what you're looking for in novels is novelty, you're sure to be disappointed.

Of course, there are better things than mere novelty (novelty makes something good once, and never again.)

-Bob Richter

raven
06/21/01 08:19 PM

You know where JX is, do oyu know any information about his webzine Battletec, or could you pass the word on that a loyal reader really misses the webzine

Highball
06/23/01 12:42 PM

It is almost impossible to pick just one from all the possibalities .... especially as each era had its own awesome designs. Here are my pick for each era and a overall best pick.

3025 - Wolverine 6M. Fantastic all around design that can kick juat about any others designs butt if played to its fullest potential.

3050 IS - Gotta love that Thunderbolt! All that firepower and the heat sinks to use it effectively.
3050 Clam - TimberWolf. Just an all around great design.

3055 IS - Penetrator. Any variant of this machine will put a serious hurting on you. And its lack of an XL make it one of the most survivable designs out there and is my personal favorite.
3055 Clam - Marauder IIC. Just an awesome re-design of a fantastic 'Mech

3058 IS - Maelstrom. All that firepower, the heatsinks to use it, and no ammo restrictions. A fantastic design and well balenced.
3058 Clam - ShadowCat. Nice mix of speed and firepower that will make any spheriod scared.

3060 IS - Templar. That Omni with the TC is just plain ole deadly!
3060 Clam - NovaCat. Hands down the best Omni ever designs IMHO.

With all of that being said I have to take as my best overall designs .......

Inner Sphere - Penetrator
Clan - Nova Cat

Combined arms is the only way to wage war.
DireWolf
06/23/01 01:10 PM

I will pass the word to him. I have him on my ICQ list, but he seems to be forever offline. Last time I talked to him, he was really into Mechwarrior 4. Looks like he's playing it during any free time he got.

-LeV "Dire Wolf" Arris.

Bob_Richter
06/25/01 05:38 PM

On the other hand...
...The Blood Asp is a whole lotta extra machine for not a whole lot of extra value.

The two fresh Nova Cats would waste all four remaning Blood Asps in a duel. Losses are even up, but The guy who won still has two Nova Cats over what his opponent has.

-Bob Richter

Grizzly
07/05/01 02:31 AM

Yes I do. Many of the designs are given an XL engine for no other reason than to have one. Example: the Awesome. Why take a great direct fire support mech and give it an XL with SRM 2's? Do they want it do die? At least they redeemed it with the 9Q, the four standard PPC's and standard engine with the sinks to fire them are a great combination. That's just one of many "blunders" on the update designs. Another would be the heat sink issue. I know that the errata sheet that came with Reinforcements 2 gave some of the 3050 designs double freezers, but some that needed them didn't get them, AKA the Panther. Why oh why give that mech a weapon that it cannot use effectively? Back to the engine issue, I just don't believe in using an XL unless absolutely necessary. Example: Axeman, it just wouldn't be the same without the XL and the weight savings that it offered. Now at least they have the light engines which are less liekly to take the mech out. Don't get me wrong, the XL engine has a place; when weight is tight and you need the extra boost, but I don't just blindly place them in a design. Now the IS ERPPC is another issue. On this we seem to see eye to eye. Unless it is your single primary weapon, ie. Jackal, don't give it the ERPPC. The heat is not worth it. Just my couple o' cents.

Diablo
08/02/01 05:59 PM

Gotta be the clan Mad Cat/Timber Wolf. Fast ,kicks butt, cool lookin'. 2xPPC's and LRMs fillin' the rest is my favorite combination.

"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
Bob_Richter
08/15/01 11:06 PM

How about the standard 3025 Banshees?

They were just as fast, and far tougher.

-Bob Richter
A dead primate is nobody's ancestor.

widowmaker
08/16/01 04:48 AM

//Tougher?? Tougher??
Hmm... Same armor\\

and an XL Engine. Which means it died quick. Trying to put a 3025 Banshee down required either a lucky ammo hit or a long, brutal wear-down process.

//3.5 times the damage (63 or 18)\\

on the 3E variant, yes. But there were three others:

3Q : ac/20, SL, 12 HS, 4/6 movement, total damage 23
3M : 2 PPCs, 2 MLs, SL, 16 HS, 4/6 movement, total damage 33
3S : ac/10, 2 PPCs, SRM6, 4 MLs, 2 SLs, 21 HS, 3/5 movement, total damage 68

the 3M is nasty because it's all energy; no cheap ammo hit kills. And the 3S is just plain scary (I should have referenced it when making my Atlas AS7-E), although it lights up like a Christmas tree if you Alpha Strike.

So basically, this comes down to which variant he used.

Alright, J Marik, which was it? Give!

"What was that?"
Last words of Mechwarrior Morgan as his Spider was point-blanked by a King Crab.
widowmaker

What's your dice fetish?
Bob_Richter
08/16/01 01:30 PM

...No XL Engine?

Think about it, sparky.

-Bob Richter
A dead primate is nobody's ancestor.

TRYCORP
09/05/01 10:26 PM

Clan = Mad Cat
IS = Raven (hehe seriously LoL)

"Machine Guns! Thats a Summoner out there! Do you plan to punch little holes in it, and have it fall down from too much ventilation!?!"

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
CrayModerator
09/22/01 12:21 PM

Inner Sphere: Battlemaster.

Why:Has style, grace in a pro-wrestler kinda way, and was the original assault mech when I first got BT.

Clan: Whatever Clan mech my Battlemaster is stomping into garbage.

Why: The Clans are an abomination that ruined the purity of the BT setting. They shall be destroyed. (Or preferably written out of the game, but it's a little late for that.)

Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Black_Phoenix
10/14/01 06:11 PM

The Atlas.

Not only is it the best looking mech but it is also my favorite IS mech (whenever I play as the IS). The only difference is that I use the 3025 base and upgrade it to a low tech 3050. I has a GR in place of the AC/20, 3 tons of GR ammo, and 2 extra Medium Lasers. The only downside? There is no SRM 6, I had to remove it to make space for the GR and its ammo.

As for clan mechs, the Timber Wolf is the best looking and one of my favorites.

*There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of Diplomacy, Compromise, and High Explosives or Tactical Nuclear Strikes.*
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

LordChaos
10/29/01 09:25 PM

I have 2 for IS. Both in the 3025 readout no less.

first, we have the ShadowHawk. Specificaly, the variant with the PPC. I had one of these face off solo against an entire lance of assult mechs. And last for over 5 rounds of combat. (it actualy finished the game still mobile... just....)

Second, we have the original prototype Zues. (with the PPC instead of the AC). Take your vaulted battlmaster, the Zues will kick it's behind (due to superior long ranged firepower and equal movement).

As for clan... I don't have a favorite. See my sig. (though if I had to chose one, it'd probly be the Thor).

Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
LordChaos
10/30/01 01:26 AM

Venom
06/09/09 03:30 AM

Now I know what happened to the Clans.
Tripod
06/09/09 06:50 AM

I like the Fire Javelin...

I also like the Ryoken ?C? (the ER Laser boat)
TBA
CrayModerator
06/09/09 07:55 AM

Quote:

Now I know what happened to the Clans.

Awww, Venom. Couldn't you have waited 3 more months to respond? Then you would've managed an 8-year thread necromancy spell.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
LAMdriver
06/11/09 06:27 AM

Favorite Battlemech huh?

Well for the Clans going to have to go with a Smoke Jaguar Shadow Cat Prime configuration. Fast powerful and just damn cool in my opinion.

Well for IS (and I am going to piss alot of people off here):

Phoenix Hawk PXH-3M that is LAM capible.

I like it for a deep penitrator into enemy lines, and do you know of another 'Mech that can jump 18 hexs and not need to land!
" The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make some other bastard die for his!"--Patton

""War is Hell. Combat is a motherfucker."---General Tommy Franks
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
06/11/09 12:12 PM

Quote:

Favorite Battlemech huh?

Well for IS (and I am going to piss alot of people off here):

Phoenix Hawk PXH-3M that is LAM capible.

I like it for a deep penitrator into enemy lines, and do you know of another 'Mech that can jump 18 hexs and not need to land!

Why would your opinion piss people off? Your opinion is just as valid to you as others are to them.

LAMs are no longer part of the official game, that does not mean that you can't use them with house rules.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Lafeel
06/11/09 05:47 PM

Indeed, although I thought the 3M wasn't a LAM since it didn't include conversion equipment..
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
06/11/09 07:19 PM

A small error, I am sure he meant the Phoenix Hawk LAM PXH-HK 1-5 series.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
LAMdriver
06/12/09 02:25 AM

Ok the easy one out of the way first:

Clan: Shadow Cat in the Prime configuation. Nothing says, "I love you" than a gauss rifle round from a scout/flanking mech!

IS: A Phoenix Hawk PXH-3M. I like it on many levels.

1. fast enough to keep up in a recon lance.
2. mostly energy based weapons for longer staying power in the field.
3. can act as a command and control mech due to its commo gear.
4. parts are readily avaliable due to its commonplace nature.
5. proven design for over 300 years.

Well that is good to know about different disignator for the LAM verison of this mech. Thanks.
" The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make some other bastard die for his!"--Patton

Edited by LAMdriver (06/12/09 02:32 AM)
LAMdriver
06/12/09 02:28 AM

Sorry about the double post. Still new here and working out all the kinks and stuff. I also have been out of the loop for a long while with CBT and my libary is pretty much gone. Thanks Mom for cleaning my room while i was in Korea!

Edited by LAMdriver (06/12/09 02:37 AM)
Lafeel
06/12/09 04:45 PM

Heh, give me a Ice Ferret prime instead, just as much firepower with a third more speed (and no damned masc to fail at the worst possible time).

And even better my big gun is ammo independent:P
Bansee
06/19/09 05:21 AM

Bansee, duh. Love the origional on a normal 3025 battlefield. Just beats the heck out of everything. The -s is even a match for the Atlas.

As for Clan, I played them too long to have only one favorite.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 58 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 137842

Contact Admins Sarna.net