- Prometheus Dire Wolf
- Wolfgang Hansen

Arsenal:
- Unlikely Love Affair

Commander's Edition:
- Coordinator Theodore Kurita

Crusade:
- Paul Moon

If you're interested in any of these but have nothing I listed above, send me your haves list and I might find something there I may want.
McKennsy
06/03/02 09:26 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I have an Isolated Forces , I'll swap it for an Unlikely Love Affair.

Let me know if your interested.

Cheers,

McKennsy.
Iceman
06/04/02 04:14 AM

I'm sure you can do better than that. Don't take me for a newbie please.
McKennsy
06/04/02 05:54 PM

I'm not sure I follow?.

I have an Isolated Forces , I'm interested in an Unlikley Love Affair, I think it's a fair trade. Am I to take it you disagree?.

Cheers,

Mc Kennsy.
Bearer
06/25/02 05:46 PM

"Don't take me for a newbie please. "

But hey, that's what it says underneath your name on the left!!

Besides I think you're over-valuing ULA, it's certainly not worth more than one rare, esp. a Crusade rare.

Regards,
Bearer
"Respect my atoratay!"
Iceman
06/26/02 02:12 PM

Yeah, Brian, I'm sure you're a corporal in some military outfit. At least that's what it says underneath your name on the left...
I'm not overvaluating ULA, I'm undervaluating IF. And where exactly did I ask for more than one rare for it?! Maybe you're reading too much into my post?
There are CR rares, and there are CR rares BTW. Just like in any other expansion.
Bearer
07/01/02 07:14 PM

Hey Iceman,

Corporal - military, paramilitary, who's to know?!!

"And where exactly did I ask for more than one rare for it?! Maybe you're reading too much into my post?"

Perhaps, but in that case what did you mean by commenting "I'm sure you can do better than that"? If you're looking for the card and you have a card spare that you're offering for trade then what's the problem?

"There are CR rares, and there are CR rares BTW. Just like in any other expansion."

Eh, what are you trying to say?!

Regards,
Bearer
"Respect my atoratay!"
McKennsy
07/02/02 06:50 PM

Hey Bearer,

It dosent matter, I just traded my two spare Isolated Forces for a DO.

Cheers,

McKennsy
Bearer
07/02/02 07:41 PM

Holy bat-caves, how did you pull that off?!! Nice one, glad you didn't make a "fair offer" for that normal rare!!

Regards,
Bearer
"Respect my atoratay!"
ChampionofSolaris
07/02/02 09:32 PM

MOST EXCELLET TRADE! i hope that your collection is compleate now! If you are interested in seeing all the cards in 200dpi 100% quality in an on line game check out www.ccg-workshop.com and you can get in some on line gaming action! congrats again, wish i could have got such a deal on any of my DOs. I had to trade Kaustic 14 or more RARES from all sets for one DO. Oh well it is a sellers market out there!

cheers,
CoS
"An empty AC/20 is little better than a Club"
McKennsy
07/03/02 06:57 PM

I traded with someone else who saw the use of Isolated Forces. He knew a good card when he saw it.

After all there are CR rares, and there are CR rares like IF.

Cheers,

McKennsy
Iceman
07/05/02 12:11 PM

If you don't know the difference, well, what can I say?

As much as I could appreciate you sticking up for your countryman, I'm sure he is pretty big by now and can talk on his own. Or is this not the case? Did he ask you to intervene? I know I didn't.
Iceman
07/05/02 02:27 PM

Ehehe, all I can say is one of the traders is a moron.
Are you sure you didn't trade for a Double-Time Offense? *That* would be a fair trade
Iceman
07/05/02 02:34 PM

I'm sure he did. I'm just wondering what he'll be doing with them. Maybe wipe his... nah, cards are too hard for that.

So tell me, since the card is so good, how would you use it? I'm really curious. You make it sound like it's one of the best cards in CR. Or even in the entire pool. Unless you don't know how to reply to this.
Maybe you can give a hint to the suc.. erm... guy that traded with you on a possible deck with these.
Iceman
07/05/02 02:36 PM

And everybody else, please let McKennsy have his go before anyone else, I'm sure he has a lot to say. And no consulting with your buddy please. (As if...)
ChampionofSolaris
07/05/02 05:28 PM

Iceman,

I can tell you at the moment that you CAN build a VERY nasty deck with this card. if you would like to go check out the archives at www.commandcircuit.com and look for "FORCEDECK" by DataloreV you will see that this deck CAN be very effective. Now i am not saying that It is a "#1" deck by anymeans. I am just saying that the deck can be VERY effective in the proper players hands. In fact regardless of how many cards you have or don't have you can play this game reliably on TWO sources: Apprentice w/ Tomes Battletech patch and the gEngine (currently only Limited and Counterstrike cards but ALL the other cards w/ artwork have been submitted by me). Thus if you would like to play some of these fine folks on this site or others i am sure it can be arranged. Lets settle these petty disputes on the "battlefield" eh? Check out www.ccg-workshop.com and download gEngine. I am on all the time.
Cheers,
CoS
*i don't give a BLAST about my rank on this site either*

Battletech CCG "Loremaster" and defender of the faith for Election Year 2002-2003

*decided to pull the deck in case people would't take the time to go looking for it*

Rasalhague "FORCE" Deck

Resources 23
7 L
5 T
4 Staging Ground
2 BMC
3 WF
2 TT

Missions 5
2 Heavy Fog
1 Falsified Maps
2 Trapped!

Commands 8
2 Fog Shrouded Moors
4 Isolated Forces
2 Redline Pilots

Units 24
6 Burkes
4 Schreks
4 Spider Revised
4 Centurion
6 Cyclops (the L buyout one)

Redlines were added to bump up the attack on the cyclops, so I can
resource hunt better. I took out 2 spiders for the reline pilots. I
took out 2 centurions for the 2 extra cyclops. This bumped up the
cost curve some, but with such cheap units, it's not important.

DL5
DataloreV

Edited by champofsolaris7 (07/05/02 05:33 PM)
Iceman
07/06/02 05:55 AM

Listen CoS,
I know all about Apprenctice and gEngine, commandcircuit and this game. I've been playing it and trading since its very beginning (despite the newbie thing).
About the Force deck, it is a cute deck, and that's it. Lots of cute decks out there. And most can be very effective, if played right. That's the essence of the game right? It doesn't make IF a good card though.
ChampionofSolaris
07/06/02 02:31 PM

You asked to see a deck, i posted a deck. how many worlds have you attened if you have played since the beginning? I know i have played since 1996 and NEVER went to a single worlds, yet when i discovered this on line communitiy i had ALOT to learn. Over the past two years or so I have played a LOT of on line games and think i can hold my own against just about anyone on the net at the moment. If you check out hte yahhoo Battetech-TCG group you will see that it is my TSL-Hasty free deploy deck that has caused a GREAT deal of controversy...which is alwasy good because the game needs to grow and advance. Hopefully with G-Engine we can get a players set of 50-80 cards out this year. Cabhammer, Man o War and I are going to do our best to put out a qualitycompilation of all the most current rules and errata that are floating out there. If you are interested in actually playing there is a large number of other players on line as well.

MSN: championofsolaris@hotmail.com
AOL: LAwDGGstf
Yahoo: gustafolson

Cheers,
CoS
Iceman
07/06/02 03:06 PM

Did I ask to see a deck? Maybe you wish I had, but I didn't. I was asking *McKennsy* about the card and what *he* would do with it. Sorry if I don't thank you for posting it, but you only thank for what you ask.
Funny you should mention playing time, as I don't see your name in the DCI ranking. You never played officially?! Only 2 years online *after* the game went dead? Hmm. And you say you've played since 96?
And please stop that crap with advertising every single site/game/engine, I know them all. Sheesh. I'm not trying to antagonize you here, but your speech is getting old man.
About your deck, either you post it or keep it yourself, but *really* keep it to yourself. I think everyone is tired of hearing about it. If it is so unbeatable, you shouldn't have any problems in posting it, quiaff?
McKennsy
07/06/02 07:27 PM

Yeah , it was a Double Overtime , I know the diference, and so did he.

I've traded with him before, he knows the game and wanted those cards. Not exactully a fair trade I agree, but he was happy, and so was I.

Cheers,

McKennsy.
McKennsy
07/06/02 07:51 PM

I use it mainly in two decks. C3 DEST and Clan Elemental.

DEST him , and let him have the choice of untapping damaged mechs and loosing them next turn (if you play your C3 damage right), or repairing them (and keeping them tapped)and having his untapped mechs face the wraith of your C3 network.

Clan Elemental decks should cive you a huge ressource advantage over your opponent if you resource hunt. Use IF to curtail his use of those he has. Untapp his units and have nothing to repair/build with , or try and build something new and leave himself open to attack.

Its not the greatest card in the game , but it's one of those that people igonre because you have to take a hit to use it. Its more versatile that Unlikley Love Affair.

One question , as you were the one who wanted the card in the first place how would YOU have used it?.

Also , I have a few copies of both cards, I offered you a trade because you wanted a card I had, IF, and ULA was one of the better cards you had available for trade. I was'nt trying to rip you off. What ever you may have thought.

Cheers,

McKennsy.
McKennsy
07/06/02 08:00 PM

I dont ask, or need , andbody else to do my talking for me.

McKennsy
Iceman
07/07/02 04:20 AM

Ehehe, you're a genius. You know there are a load of ways to get around the 'doesn't untap in the untap phase' thing. And a Kurita deck is THE best option for this card. NOT!

More versatile than ULA? Ha. Check each and every deck you can find, especially Worlds. You'll often find 1 or 2 ULAs in the sideboard. I've never seen any IFs though.
Not only do you have to take a hit for 5 (each), you have to pay 5, +7 if T is denied to you by your opponent. The card has *1* structure, asking for an Arrow IV Battery.

I wouldn't, that's the point. It's one of the cards I'm missing in my collection, but I'm not desperate or anything

Precisely. So I need it to trade those others, don't you think? They are *much* harder to get than IF.
McKennsy
07/07/02 12:07 PM

"there are a load of ways to get around the 'doesn't untap in the untap phase' thing."
Sure there are, but for individual mechs , not for all the tapped mechs your opponent has.

ULF can only be used against a Unique card , if your opponents deck revolves around a unique card or two , then he's the idiot.

At best Arrow IV are sideboard cards, so it cant be used in the first game.

"you have to pay 5, +7 if T is denied to you by your opponent"
If you let your opponent deny you an asset for more than 2 turns, then your the idiot for not having a correct resource mix.

Again I'll ask , if your sooooo good then how would you use the card?.

Mc Kennsy.
ChampionofSolaris
07/07/02 02:30 PM

http://www.geocities.com/btrampage2001/T1Swiss/T1results.htm

and posting a deck that has been tweaked to death so that every one can copy will not happen. and if you have played for so long what is your excuse for not having all the cards anyway? Seems pretty pitiful since you are such a conissur of what cards are "hard to get" i bought 4 boxes of Crusade and got enough to have 6 of every playable rare. Honestly, trading one for one on line is pretty much a waste of time. Buy compleate sets on E-bay. For the fun of it i got Limited, Counterstrike, Mercenary, Mechwarrior, Arsenal, and Double Overtime for $130 just so i would not have to tear up my 50+ decks when i scanned all the cards for gEngine. And if you noticed this is a PUBLIC forum. if you don't want people responding to you posts private e-mail them. I am not advertising for gEninge, i am just encouraging on line play. DCI rankings? what a joke! Those have not been updated in MANY years. OH yea, and the 2001 worlds champion has YET to beat me in a battletech ccg match. So if you think i am a newbie as well just because i did not get into the DCI tourney circuit during the "rush" years of 1996-1998 you are mistaken. Play me on line sometime and it won't matter how many rares you have or don't have in your sets, because all the cards are avaliable to everyone it is how you build and play.

CoS
Iceman
07/07/02 05:13 PM

Wrong. Check your cards.

Again, wrong. One or two uniques?! What are you thinking?

It can in the following 2.

If you let? Like in 'if you let your opponent attack your stockpile'? Again, there is more than one way to deny assets. Check your cards.

Again I'll answer you, I WOULDN'T. Clear now?
Iceman
07/07/02 05:27 PM

Ehehe, your head is so far up your @$$ you can't see beyond yourself huh? You are somewhat amusing, but I have to go clean my cats' toilet. Priorities, you know.
Did I forbid anyone of replying or something? I made a request. Guess you don't know the difference.
About the DCI rankings, I thought you played from the beginning. But if you're not there... maybe it's because it's such a big joke, and you wouldn't want your name in such a joke now would you? No, because the big bad 2001 WC has yet to beat the big mutha CoS right? 'Oh please play me online so I can show you I'm not a noob, please?' Pitiful indeed.
ChampionofSolaris
07/07/02 06:23 PM

LOL!

just have to laugh! you say that because i didn't get into the DCI circuit i didn't play since the begining? whatever. check the list of players on that URL i posted. and see who came out on top, then LOOK UP THEIR RANKINGS>>>>>

how about you fill out your profile info so that other people can find out YOUR DCI ranking (assuming you have one) and then i will go pull upthe records of the placings for the 1996-99 worlds and see if your name appears! I understanf if your cats take priority, just if you post to the CCG forum expect people to respond talking about the CCG. if you don't want that then post to a differnet forum! I don't give a rip really what cards people have to trade, the only reason i trade card for card with players (and i have done this with both Bearer and McKinney) is because THEY want the cards not because i really needed them. (also it was kewl to get mail from another country) If you want cards go find them on e-bay you will get better deals and more of them.

CoS
Iceman
07/08/02 04:21 PM

That's not what I meant. The thing is I don't remember ever seeing your name in the BT-List. I checked the DCI rankings and I didn't see your name there either. I found it odd, since you said you're in from the beginning. That was it. Who cares if you're in from the beginning or not? Was I pulling rank when I mentioned I was in from the beginning? Nope. Did you think I was? Can't see why.
You sure would like me to check that URL wouldn't you? Why? Why is it so important to you? And why are the rankings of those players you mention so important? I thought you said DCI rankings were a joke. Those from the "rush" years. I guess the only thing that matters now is the "slow" years and the "dead" years, huh?
If I wanted my info in my profile, don't you think I would have put it there when I signed up? Or was this a big conspiracy, I knew we would be having this discussion (assuming I even cared you existed) and planned it all? And who told you "other people" are interested?
About the forum issue, *I* started this thread, and it's entitled 'trades'. So *you* go find yourself another forum, or *you* start another thread. If you don't give a rip about trades, then why did you post here in the first place? Considering that you don't trade and all... except to help the needed that is. And to get mail from another country. Lame.
I don't know who McKinney is, but I'm sure he and Bearer would also like to hear you tell them to go buy cards on e-bay. Why don't they go buy 4 boxes of CR if trading is such a waste of time? Suckers, huh? Lucky them for your enormous generosity. I guess they're also pitiful for not having all the cards yet, right? Them and everybody else that still trades. But that wouldn't be everyone except you, now would it?
As a side note, you do know what TCG stands for don't you.
sillywiz
07/12/02 03:55 AM

it's not yours, the original idea came from Focht, OK you added to it, but the original was Focht's.

Sillywiz
ChampionofSolaris
07/15/02 02:23 PM

Fotch didn't own the cards. Shang told me. 6 HA in a deck may have been his idea but the unit/command/resource mix is mine. and the deck is mine since it is built and seeing use on a weekly basis at league/game nights.

CoS
Iceman
07/16/02 04:15 AM

I thought owning the cards meant squat to you, since you can have all and as many as you want in online play...
And the idea of using TFS to draw free deploy units and recycle it with Melissa is not exactly yours, it goes as far back as Worlds 99. So what exactly is yours in the deck? The mix? *That* is grounds for deck ownership alright.
sillywiz
07/18/02 02:58 AM

Oh well if actually making the deck and having the cards, then the deck is mine! ( I had 6 Hasty alliances really quick).
and for get the line about playing it. I Wouldn't play it (apart from a few tests with friends I warned about), becuase it was soo broken.

OK you have improved on it, but the original idea is still
Focht's. The fundamental operation of the deck was designed by Focht.

"but the unit/command/resource mix "

was already there, the basis of the deck FD units, TFS, HA and some uniques, was all Fochts, you just changed a few things for personal preference.

Sillywiz
Bearer
07/23/02 07:38 PM

"If you don't know the difference, well, what can I say? "

Seeing as you say plenty of other bitter nonsense, I'm sure you could say something? Don't bother...

"As much as I could appreciate you sticking up for your countryman, I'm sure he is pretty big by now and can talk on his own. Or is this not the case?"

Yawn...

"Did he ask you to intervene? I know I didn't."

Damn, I forgot I should have been listening to your inane words of wisdom. Sorry I must have misinterrupted your raving as asking me to contribute a valid view on a public forum.

You know, for a guy who uses the nick Iceman you've got some hot head on your shoulders. Why do you bother posting if you're not interestied in contributing (or indeed trading?) or discussing, just acting all upset like someone took your comfort blanket or something.

Get some therapy lad.

Regards,
Bearer
"Respect my atoratay!"
Bearer
07/23/02 08:00 PM

hehehe, can't believe I just read this entire thread, but it's worth it for the amusement that such rantings provide. Man, did they find that telescope you sat on yet?!

Regards,
Bearer
"Respect my atoratay!"
Iceman
07/25/02 12:48 PM

YEAH! Go Bearer. You're the man. That bastard is asking for it. Go get him boy.
Iceman
07/25/02 12:50 PM

Check under your tongue, I think you dislodged it last time you went prospecting...
Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 22918

Contact Admins Sarna.net