Urbanmech UM-R90

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Lafeel
11/26/08 09:30 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
No question about it, seeing as they are both 100 tonners. And even if you had long range firepower, it is likely that they could crush you before you could penetrate their tick hides.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
12/16/08 08:50 PM

As far as i am concerned a Urbanmech is a target and nothing else. If you take it out of the city its just that much more of a target with or with out a long range weapon.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Lafeel
12/16/08 09:00 PM

Outside of a city that is exactly what it is. Inside a city however, underestimating a Urbie can come back to bite you in the ass.
Zandel_Corrin
12/17/08 05:32 PM

Inside a city or other confined fighting space an urbie can do a LOT of damage vs other light or even medium mechs.

they are also cheap so that they can be used in swarms like locusts and that can make them deadly.
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
Karagin
04/25/09 03:18 AM

While city fighting is up close and brutal, if you can snipe and plink at your target then you are less likely to take return fire...thus you can be around to jump behind them and lay waste to their backside with the SRMs and med lasers...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
04/25/09 05:12 PM

The problem with Urbanmechs are that they are so slow that out maneuvering them is very easy.

A locusts could bring it down. All it needs to do is keep getting into the Urbanmechs back ark.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Zandel_Corrin
04/26/09 07:52 PM

Hard to do in a city without giving the urbie enough time to turn and ambush.....

This is best demonstrated in a double blind game....

Hate urbies in that type of game with sensor interferance..... VARY hard to find them and when you do it's normally 3 at a time!
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 160 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 18126

Contact Admins Sarna.net