colorful freedom leaflets (box of)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Newtype
01/02/09 11:43 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Garbage box is a box of garbage that is dropped using the Total Warfare rules for dropping a cluster bomb. Such a box does no damage. Instead the box breaks open deploying garbage onto the hex the box landed in and in each adjacent hex. A garbage box costs 100 C-Bills and masses 1 ton.

Sticky Bagbox is a box that has a big sticky bag in in that is dropped using the Total Warfare rules for dropping a laser guided bomb (TAG is not necessary to drop this box). Such a box does no damage. Instead the box breaks open deploying a big sticky bag onto a 'Mech's location, rotor, or turret. The sticky bag prevents radar, magscan, and visual sighting system sensor parts from being used if location hit is a head. Any other location hit prevents turret, rotor, and/or ranged weapons from being used. A sticky bagbox masses 1 ton and costs 1,500 C-Bills.
http://www.gp.org
http://www.VoteSwift.org
DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Toscotto
10/26/12 12:07 AM

newtype - why did you have to get banned for life?

i miss your genius.
The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as needed?
CrayModerator
10/26/12 12:21 PM

It's not usually my policy to discuss moderation issues in public, but to provide a worst case moderation example for the benefit of other posters...

Newtype (Chip Burcham, HeroChip) was banned for:

1) So many violations of Rule 7 (1 account per user) that I've lost count
2) Political and religious discussions (Rule 3)
3) Faking the IDs of other people to post in their name (Rule 7, Rule 3)
4) Spurring more flamewars than can be counted, dating back to his reign of irritation on rec.games.mecha in the late 1990s (Rule 6)
5) Violating in-effect bans

Those are not in order of priority. Really, the worst one is point 4. When HeroChip shows up, forum discipline goes to hell. In addition to Sarna.net, he has lifetime bans on (at least) www.heavymetalpro.com and www.classicbattletech.com.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Toscotto
10/27/12 01:44 AM

my question was a rhetorical one -

never the less - it always brought a bit of a smile to my face reading his insanity...
The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as needed?
csadn
10/30/12 09:38 PM

Quote:

It's not usually my policy to discuss moderation issues in public, but to provide a worst case moderation example for the benefit of other posters...

Newtype (Chip Burcham, HeroChip) was banned for:

1) So many violations of Rule 7 (1 account per user) that I've lost count
2) Political and religious discussions (Rule 3)
3) Faking the IDs of other people to post in their name (Rule 7, Rule 3)
4) Spurring more flamewars than can be counted, dating back to his reign of irritation on rec.games.mecha in the late 1990s (Rule 6)
5) Violating in-effect bans

Those are not in order of priority. Really, the worst one is point 4. When HeroChip shows up, forum discipline goes to hell. In addition to Sarna.net, he has lifetime bans on (at least) www.heavymetalpro.com and www.classicbattletech.com.

I would post a reply, but the sheer mind-blowing idiocy here leaves me literally speechless.
CF

Oregon: The "Outworlds Alliance" of the United States of America
KitK
11/19/12 01:31 PM

Quote:

my question was a rhetorical one -

never the less - it always brought a bit of a smile to my face reading his insanity...

I dropped with my 4-man team last night on MechWarrior Online and saw "Newtype" was one of the people on my team. I think one of our guys said he was in a Hunchback.

KK
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
1 registered and 208 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 19724

Contact Admins Sarna.net