colorful freedom leaflets (box of)

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Newtype
10/24/08 12:01 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
A box of colorful freedom leaflets is dropped using the Total Warfare rules for dropping a laser guided bomb (TAG is not necessary to drop this box). Such a box does no damage. Instead the box breaks open deploying colorful freedom leaflets in the hex the box landed in and in each adjacent hex. Colorful freedom leaflets drift like light smoke in accordance with wind movements. When a Clanner enters a hex where colorful freedom leaflets are, make a perception skill roll with a -4 immobile to-hit modifier. If successful, the Clanner picks up a colorful freedom leaflet, reads it, and then makes a loyalty skill roll with the following modifiers: -1 if he/she is a Warrior, -1 per his/her increasing warrior rank (if any), +5 if he/she is a Scientist, +6 if he/she is a Merchant, +7 if he/she is a Technician, +8 if he/she is a Laborer, +1 per Clan Warrior that has LOS to him/her. If this loyalty skill roll is successful, then he/she remains loyal to the Clan he/she is in; but if this loyalty skill roll is unsuccessful, then he/she deserts the Clan he/she is in and moves towards the nearest Inner Sphere/Periphery unit. A box of colorful freedom leaflets masses 0.1 tons, is considered 1/5th of a bomb for space limitations, has a BV of 1, and costs 500 C-bills.
http://www.gp.org
http://www.VoteSwift.org
DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Newtype (10/24/08 12:14 PM)
Lafeel
10/24/08 04:13 PM

Words fail..
Prince_of_Darkness
11/06/08 03:14 PM

Words don't fail. He fails.
Zandel_Corrin
11/06/08 06:11 PM

I wanted to explain how bad this idea is for all the right reasons but i just don't see the point.....

Newtype just so you know your ideas are going from bad to worse.... and just plain stupid!
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
Newtype
11/07/08 11:18 AM

Zandel Corrin, put up or shut up.
Prince_of_Darkness
11/07/08 12:04 PM

Quote:

Actually, you really cannot say that at all.
Lafeel
11/07/08 12:15 PM

Quote:

Congratulations, you just crossed the line between debating, and flaming.
Prince_of_Darkness
11/07/08 09:01 PM

Quote:

Newtype
11/09/08 01:54 PM

Actually for a box of colorful freedom leaflets, I'll give each of them a BV of 0 and colorful freedom leaflets that are in the effect of inferno/fire are all destroyed and have no effect.
Prince_of_Darkness
11/09/08 05:58 PM

Did you look at my picture?
Zandel_Corrin
11/09/08 06:05 PM

Quote:

Was that meant to be insulting or something?

Hell I was just posting a valid comment on your ReDickULous idea.....

What make you thin that in the middle of combat ANYONE is going to spend the time to read some crap? remember that each BTech round is only 10 secs.... who's gonna take 6 rounds of combat to read something?

And whos going to stop shooting at someone just because they are reading?

Learn the game or get a life somewhere else plz
AND if your going to stay.... grow a tough hide cause if you keep posting stupid ideas (not a flame cause they are stupid) then people are going to keep letting you know....

And most will NOT be as polite as me!
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
CrayModerator
11/12/08 07:06 PM

Quote:

Hell I was just posting a valid comment on your ReDickULous idea.....

Zandel, if you want peace of mind, just avoid posts made by HeroChip (currently under the handle Newtype). He's been bombarding newsgroups and internet forums with unusual ideas and backing them up with a unique ability to generate flame wars based on those ideas for many years. A number of BT websites have permanent bans on him, like www.classicbattletech.com and www.heavymetalpro.com, because of that trouble.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Edited by Cray (11/12/08 07:12 PM)
MacLeod
11/12/08 10:31 PM

Which makes me wonder when he'll malf up enough to get one of those HERE...
Drugs don't kill people, pancreatic cancer kills people.

... and whoever heard of a drug that causes pancreatic cancer?
Zandel_Corrin
11/13/08 01:41 AM

Thank's for the info cray...

somtimes it just feels good to put a troll it his place.... i notice after i posted my replies he seems to have left the forum....

still i shall not morn the loss of a troll.... there are plenty more out there waiting to take his place in my targeting sights.
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
CrayModerator
11/13/08 08:22 AM

Quote:

i notice after i posted my replies he seems to have left the forum....

Speaking with 8 years of HeroChip experience: it's rarely that easy, but one can hope.

He's also not a troll in the conventional sense of deliberately courting flame wars. He's very earnest about his ideas.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Lafeel
11/13/08 02:24 PM

I suspect he'll be back, Cray.

But doesn't the fact he refuses to listen to advice, no matter how well it it is based, or how politely it is voiced, make him a one, then?
Newtype
11/13/08 08:28 PM

Apparently the few of you that have replied don't like it when Clan personnel quit the Clans. I remember reading in Grave Covenant the friction part of entropy based warfare. That's what these leaflets are for.
Prince_of_Darkness
11/13/08 10:38 PM

Quote:

Apparently the few of you that have replied don't like it when Clan personnel quit the Clans. I remember reading in Grave Covenant the friction part of entropy based warfare. That's what these leaflets are for.

Lafeel
11/14/08 12:49 AM

Quote:

You need to read up on Entropy Based Warfare a lot better then, seeing as a much easier way to get the results aimed for in that is, simply put, to kill them all.

EBW isn't about niceties like this crap, it is about utterly crushing your enemy, mentally and physically. All this shit would do is give them some high quality toilet paper.

Edited by Lafeel (11/14/08 12:53 AM)
Newtype
11/15/08 12:25 PM

Actually these leaflets are the embodiment of the friction part of EBW. You're referring to the lethality part. When leaflets inspire Clanners to quit being Clanners, many aspects of that Clan fail, i.e., secrecy of movements of units, lack of support personnel such as those that labor to do farming & those that do repairs on Clan equipment, identity & entrance codes can be revealed. This causes that Clan to be less effective.
Lafeel
11/16/08 10:43 AM

Quote:

Actually these leaflets are the embodiment of the friction part of EBW. You're referring to the lethality part. When leaflets inspire Clanners to quit being Clanners, many aspects of that Clan fail, i.e., secrecy of movements of units, lack of support personnel such as those that labor to do farming & those that do repairs on Clan equipment, identity & entrance codes can be revealed. This causes that Clan to be less effective.

Nice theory, but just one "small" problem. Even the most down trodden labour caste member is too loyal to his clan to be willing to give this sort of thing even a first thought, let alone a second.

You forget the fact that every clanner has been tought the clan way of life since birth every last one of them, not just the warrior caste.
Newtype
11/16/08 01:18 PM

Given how support personnel are mistreated alot, they probably would desert. Each Clanner isn't stupid. If he/she knows of a better deal, then he/she could very well accept such a deal.
Zandel_Corrin
11/16/08 06:52 PM

And just how are they suposed to do that IN THE MIDDLE OF COMBAT?

better the evil you know then the one you don't.
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
Newtype
11/19/08 06:23 PM

I told you they make perception and loyalty skill rolls as stated above.
Zandel_Corrin
11/19/08 09:54 PM

Once again how much time do you think that would take?
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
CrayModerator
11/19/08 10:12 PM

Quote:

I suspect he'll be back, Cray.

But doesn't the fact he refuses to listen to advice, no matter how well it it is based, or how politely it is voiced, make him a one, then?

A troll, as I understand it, is a person who is deliberately seeking to create a flamewar. HeroChip is very earnest about his ideas and wants to share them, not argue about them. He just can't debate them logically, leading to endless flamewars.

Newtype
11/22/08 11:44 AM

Zandel, there should only be one BattleTech RPG turn necessary for both skill rolls.

Cray, I have no intention of having flamewars. I'm simply interested in presenting ideas to defeat the Clans.
Christopher_Perkins
11/23/08 10:35 AM

The Support and Battle Arms of the Clan Machine are not going to take the time to read in the middle of a Battle...

Each Game turn is 10 Seconds...

the Leafelets may have an Effect when turns are Minutes, Hours or Days... but not when they are 2.5, 5, or 10 Second Chunks
Christopher Robin Perkins

It is my opinion that all statements should be questioned, digested, disected, tasted, and then either spit out or adopted... RHIP is not a god given shield
Zandel_Corrin
11/23/08 05:48 PM

You honestly think that 10 secs is enough time to read a leaflet even IF they decide to pick it up in the first place?

Add to that the fact that the people you want them to join are shooting at them and no one will EVER choose to join them or just die quietely.....

Also there are no BTech RPG turns in a game of BTech

only in Mechwarrior RPG....
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
Newtype
11/26/08 12:15 PM

Okay then ten MWRPG turns.
Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 118 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 19825

Contact Admins Sarna.net