Dark Matter Cloaking Device & Dual Reusable Fuel Transit Drive

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Zandel_Corrin
01/18/09 05:33 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
You know in a long winded sort of way you just excepted logic........

hmmm.......

RUN!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!! THE APOCOLYPSE IS COMMING!!!!!
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
Kovax
01/19/09 09:54 AM

I strongly resent insinuations that have been made by Newtype about me having a "pro-Clan" bias. As anyone who has played BT against me would agree, calling me "pro-Clan" is about the same as calling Dr. Martin Luther King a "white supremacist".

Your charges are not only unfounded, they are insulting.
Newtype
01/20/09 12:06 PM

Ok, I've designed a newer version of this transit drive. This transit drive design I'll call the Four Combustion Chamber Ushaped Reusable Fuel Transit Drive. What happens is that two combustion chambers are next to each other at middle of U in which each of their exhaust nozzles are pointing towards a curve of the U and are in opposite and equal directions. At the end of each half of the U and adjacent to midship bulkhead is a combustion chamber in which its exhaust nozzle is adjacent to said end U piece (exhaust nozzle is pointing towards a curve) and the end of adjacent combustion chamber is next to midship bulkhead. Extending from left U middle combustion chamber exhaust nozzle to left U end combustion chamber's exhaust nozzle is the left half U slidetrack, and extending from right U middle combustion chamber exhaust nozzle to right U end combustion chamber's exhaust nozzle is the right half U slidetrack. What happens is that each of the middle U combustion chambers are heated and filled with fuel & oxygen - that makes heated gasses in each of the middle U combustion chambers. Gasses exit through the middle U exhaust nozzles and each left and right heated gas pushes a doublecone ended shaped ball along a half U slide track towards and into respective left and right end U exhaust nozzles which pushes the spacecraft forwards (only one end of a doublecone shaped ball enter an end U exhaust nozzle, not mid U gasses). Next, fuel & oxygen are heated up in end U combustion chambers resulting in fuelgasses that exit end U exhaust nozzles moving spacecraft forward again (two hexes forward for spacecraft) and pushing doublecone shaped balls back to mid U exhaust nozzles (mid U gasses go through mid U exhaust nozzles into mid U combustion chambers) and thus the two left gasses cancel out the right gasses lateral movements and vice versa. Then mid U combustion chamber gasses are reheated and exit through mid U exhaust nozzles pushing doublecone shaped ball and end U gasses towards and into end U exhaust nozzles (end U gasses go back into end U combustion chambers pushing ship forwards) and mid U gasses push ship forwards too. End U combustion chambers heat end U gasses again (those gasses exit through end U exhaust nozzles) pushing doublecone shaped balls and mid U gasses back to mid U exhaust nozzles and mid U combustion chambers. And then the process repeats itself. So that doublecone shaped ball & gasses move sufficient overpowering heat is done in combustion chambers. So that doublecone shaped balls don't inflict damage on exhaust nozzles, durable springs are used to bounce doublecone shaped balls off of exhaust nozzles.
http://www.gp.org
http://www.VoteSwift.org
DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Newtype (01/20/09 12:31 PM)
Newtype
01/23/09 05:08 PM

Also, the gasses that exit through the exhaust nozzles can push levers (located on the outer parts of the slidetrack tunnel U halves) that can pull levers to push gasses in the combustion chambers so they exit through the exhaust nozzles. I know this looks difficult to read but it can work in theory.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
01/23/09 05:13 PM

No it cant. You just beating a dead dog with this.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Newtype
01/24/09 04:30 PM

Yes it can. It's just very difficult to explain because there's so many parts involved. Okay it's the levers that are moved that push panels that push gasses out exhaust nozzles.
GiovanniBlasini
01/26/09 01:57 AM

Quote:

Yes it can. It's just very difficult to explain because there's so many parts involved. Okay it's the levers that are moved that push panels that push gasses out exhaust nozzles.

Except, of course, that perpetual motion machines don't work, and that you're in flagrant violation of physical principles that have been proven to be reliable time and again.

But, then, you also believe that Melissa Steiner, a fictional character, tried to psychically contact you, which kind of says a lot right there.
Member of the Pundit Caste
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
Kovax
01/26/09 09:45 AM

If you make the levers a little longer, maybe they can be used to "row" the spaceship. That would violate DIFFERENT physical principles, but wouldn't be any less effective than what you propose.

Rather than bounce those "doublecone shaped balls" off the exhaust nozzles, try bouncing them off your head and see if that alters your understanding of your own design.

If you really want to get complicated, you could have your fictional psychic Melissa Steiner move the ship by sheer telepatic power.....
Newtype
01/26/09 11:19 AM

There are springs attached to each doublecone shaped ball that can bounce those balls off plates attached to the exhaust nozzles. I know my design sounds very difficult to explain but in theory it could work.
Fang
01/26/09 11:49 AM

If you really want to get complicated, you could have your fictional psychic Melissa Steiner move the ship by sheer telepatic power.....

Melissa Steiner is an Astropath?!? For the Emperor! Wait...wrong game universe.
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....
GiovanniBlasini
01/27/09 06:44 PM

Quote:

There are springs attached to each doublecone shaped ball that can bounce those balls off plates attached to the exhaust nozzles. I know my design sounds very difficult to explain but in theory it could work.

No, it won't, because it violates some very long-standing, well-established, repeatedly verified principles of physics, while relying on repeatedly-proven-to-be-horribly-horribly-wrong perpetual motion ideas that just don't work.
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
Lafeel
01/27/09 07:29 PM

Quote:

Would actually do wonders for simplifying the design..And might actually make it more realistic too.
Newtype
01/29/09 08:29 PM

How about modifying rerevised reusable fuel transit drive so it laterally positions exhausts into dark matter boxes and then laterally deploys those boxes out of the spacecraft? Then rerevised reusable fuel transit drive uses fuel for next thrust & dark matter box exiting and so on? So basically left and right forces move fuel exhaust into dark matter boxes and laterally push those boxes out of the spacecraft through tunnels pointed towards the spacecraft's "belly". This way cloaking is maintained and thrust of spacecraft happens.
Prince_of_Darkness
01/30/09 11:54 AM

Quote:

Shhhhhhhss...don't say that, or you will just give him ideas !
GiovanniBlasini
01/31/09 07:42 AM

Quote:

How about modifying rerevised reusable fuel transit drive so it laterally positions exhausts into dark matter boxes and then laterally deploys those boxes out of the spacecraft? Then rerevised reusable fuel transit drive uses fuel for next thrust & dark matter box exiting and so on? So basically left and right forces move fuel exhaust into dark matter boxes and laterally push those boxes out of the spacecraft through tunnels pointed towards the spacecraft's "belly". This way cloaking is maintained and thrust of spacecraft happens.

Define dark matter.
Newtype
01/31/09 05:48 PM

Dark matter is matter that does not absorb, reflect, or give off light. Very useful to avoid visual and radar detections.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_matter
Zandel_Corrin
02/01/09 05:57 PM

you do realise that wikipedia is not a credible source right?

Anyone can write anything there and anyone can varify it....
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
Lafeel
02/01/09 07:46 PM

Not to mention the fact that the very existence of this so called "dark matter" is currently a un proven theory, not a fact.
Fang
02/02/09 08:09 AM

What? If it's on the internet, it must be true, right? right?!?!
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....
Prince_of_Darkness
02/02/09 10:42 AM

Quote:

Dark matter is matter that does not absorb, reflect, or give off light. Very useful to avoid visual and radar detections.

Zandel_Corrin
02/02/09 05:34 PM

Nice PoD
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
02/04/09 03:33 PM

Quote:

Unlike the inside of your head, space in not a complete void. Dark matter is just the very small particles that take up space between solar systems and galaxies. Its so spreed out that its not possible to detect other than it affects the entire universes gravity. Its believed that all most all of dark matter is somewhere between Hydrogen and Iron.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Prince_of_Darkness
02/09/09 10:19 PM

Kovax
02/10/09 10:14 AM

I was somehow under the impression that a small but significant percentage of "dark matter" consisted of "degenerate matter": incomplete atoms, broken nuclei, and other stray sub-atomic particles, along with a larger number of hydrogen atoms and ions, and an even tinier proportion of helium and higher order atoms and ions. Its properties are partly the result of the degenerate particles not behaving like normal atoms, and the remainder from the fact that it's 99.999999.....% empty space.

Speaking of "degenerate matters", Newtype's drive is supposed to emit this stuff, which is essentially "mostly nothing", a term which also describes the scientific foundation of his idea.
Newtype
02/10/09 11:34 AM

The rerevised reusable fuel transit drive (design #3) results in the gasses pushing against the front part of the combustion chambers. In theory this could provide for thrust but there's no way the heat can escape; the spacecraft would melt itself to pieces.
Prince_of_Darkness
02/10/09 01:36 PM

Toscotto
02/11/09 09:36 PM

normally i dont flame. but seriously i think it was your brain that mellted.

and curse you for sucking me in and slyly tricking me into actually reading this thread.

then again maybe you are right and newton was wrong.

nah nevermind- you're just a tool.
The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as needed?
Newtype
02/12/09 09:42 PM

Quote:

To clarify a couple of (probably pointless) points, the sun and the earth revolve around a common axis, based on the centerpoint of their masses. Since the earth's mass is almost (but not entirely) irrelevant in comparison, the balance point is still well inside the sun, but not at its center.

Really? And what about the asteroids in the asteroid belt (the ring of asteroids around the sun)? Do they each revolve around a common axis along with the sun?

Also, since the rerevised reusable fuel transit drive requires a way to get that heat out of the combustion chambers to keep them from melting, there'd have to be a heat exchanger system like a super heat sink pump. And since as a heat sink pump gets bigger the amount of suface area gets slowly bigger (just not as much as if there were two heat sink pumps because two adjacent heat sink pumps don't need two adjacent surface areas - they only need one adjacent surface area). Thus a really big heat sink in kilotons could hopefully dissipate the heat in the combustion chambers. So the rerevised reusable fuel transit drive could in theory work.
Newtype
02/21/09 03:39 PM

Apparently the rerevised reusable fuel transit drive won't work due to engine heat problems. Oh well.
02/23/09 08:31 AM

Quote:

Apparently the rerevised reusable fuel transit drive won't work due to engine heat problems. Oh well.

No, it wont work because its stupid and brakes all reality. Well not that BT is grounded in reality, but that is not the point. The real point is that everyone is laughing AT you and is not laughing WITH you.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 79 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 47765

Contact Admins Sarna.net