AllSleep: BV: 3,172

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Bob_Richter
09/28/09 04:26 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Munchy?

It's a little silly, actually. It's slow, short-ranged, and can't guard its back. It'd be pretty easy to take apart even with older (less optimised) stock designs (if you'd like, I can try to schedule some Megamek time to show you.) It's brutal in-close but pretty useless overall.

The doctrine of deliberate flaw has actually fallen by the wayside in recent years, and stock designs are now built by some very competent designers to be very nearly optimal.

I actually find that kind of game (and the very act of 'Mech design, these days) rather boring myself, but if that's what you enjoy, don't let me or Karagin or anyone else spoil it for you.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Voidshape
09/29/09 03:23 PM

Bob-

I don't have megamech installed, but I would, if I knew I'd have someone to play with .

When I was putting AllSleep together, I wanted short to medium range. I wasn't trying to make a perfect mech, just a dangerous one. I intend to use it with Oni, my 100-ton 4 ER-PPC mech, as a compliment. I just got startled when I sorted the mech files in HMP by BV and AllSleep came up on top.

Let me say though, that with max armor that speed and jumping, it ought to be able to close range pretty quickly.
New to the game... And little obsessed.
Bob_Richter
09/29/09 10:55 PM

Only against a 'Mech as slow as it is.

There is life outside of hundred-tonners, as it turns out.

There's a whole big worldwide megameking community. I'll play you, but I'm sure you can find other opponents.

They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
Voidshape
09/30/09 12:11 PM

Right on. I'm going to download and install Megamek. Is it pretty straightforward to play/.
New to the game... And little obsessed.
Bob_Richter
10/01/09 09:05 AM

I'd say it's not too bad. Bit of a learning curve, but it's pretty manageable once you get the hang of it.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 97 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 16462

Contact Admins Sarna.net