Ultimate Combat unit

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
ghostrider
01/09/14 12:35 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Maybe going with smaller less expensive units might work. Maybe not. Depends on how many soldiers you have and your supplies.

If you think your soldiers are the asset in battles, then you do what you can to protect them. If that is the case, then you need a case system to protect them from an ammo explosion.
I would also think they would have found a way to protect their vehicle soldiers from the a fuel explosion, which case should protect them as well, or a crew stunned/killed crit.
Training soldiers could cost millions. Case should be built around the crew compartment to protect them. Kinda like a cockpit protects a mech warrior for a small amount of damage.

Now as for the arguement if things need something. I would suggest this. If you know something is designed by a certain person, and you know they will be using an item you dislike, DONT READ IT.

I agree not everything is needed all the time. Its up to the designer. Now maybe if you offered an alternative to the 'hated' product, it might lessen the arguement.
Karagin
01/09/14 06:14 AM

We all have offered countered ideas to each others designs, things like drop this for that or you could use this vs this etc...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
01/09/14 09:51 PM

Quote:
If you think your soldiers are the asset in battles, then you do what you can to protect them.

Don't you know in the BT universe that, "Life is cheep and weapons cost money!"? I have lost count how many times that statement was used in BT game books and novels. If life was not cheep to the powers to be there would not have been war for centuries.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Retry
01/09/14 09:53 PM

Technology may be rare, and life may be cheap, but good pilots is still of great value.
01/09/14 10:33 PM

Still cheep and easily replaced.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
01/09/14 10:33 PM

Until the next one comes along and out shines the current hot shot pilot...
Karagin

Retry
01/09/14 10:41 PM

If that was true the inner sphere's front line forces wouldn't consist of crews and warriors blatantly inferior to Clan pilots.
Karagin
01/09/14 11:03 PM

Define inferior? The Clans have genetics and their training programs, the Inner Sphere has no genetic side, and they have their own unique training programs since each house has different ideas of how to train a mech warrior and it takes MORE then piloting or gunnery skills to win a battle.
Karagin

Retry
01/09/14 11:15 PM

Inferiority by skill levels. 3/4 being the normal I.S. skilled pilots vs. the clans 1/2 vets, or whatever the actual numbers are.

If even top-end pilots are cheap, where the hell are all the 0/0 pilots?
Karagin
01/10/14 12:05 AM

Skills are more then gunnery and piloting, knowing how your lane or star mates fight and knowing how to read the terrain and know the limits and such of your weapons and equipment all going together to make a soldier.
Karagin

ghostrider
01/10/14 12:08 AM

think normal IS skills are 4/5. Now if they are so much as throw aways, why would the governments spend so much money training soldiers to use the weapons? Elite pilots would retire or form alot more merc units where they can preserve themselves and the other people of skill.

Yes, life is cheap. That is why you send everyone on suicide missions where they carry nukes into enemy factories every chance they get. Cuts down on the enemy having the expensive weapons to use against you.. Oh wait. That isnt the main atittude for the game. Hmmm. I would figure it would be.

As for training, it goes as far as each region has its own way of training warriors.
And that is a good example. Why not have your tactical wizard in the field to control the situation were they can be killed, instead of a command vehicle if life is that cheap.
Look at the old confederation to see what happens when you believe life is cheap. You get crushed when the second wave hits, and all your skilled soldiers are dead.
12/16/16 03:25 AM

After being gone for a good part of a year I decided to be a royal pain in the donkey by bringing up my old posts from the morgue and set loss some old post zombies. *Evil braying!!!*

I will see you again in another year or so

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 141 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 20475

Contact Admins Sarna.net