Arachnid Main Battlemech

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Retry
03/04/14 07:56 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
A alternate history main battlemech, this quad would fight Mad Cat battlemechs very frequently and fiercely.

----

Arachnid Main BattleMech
Clan TW
75 tons
BV: 2,775
Cost: 18,808,124 C-bills
Source: Crossroads

Movement: 5/8/5
Engine: 375 XL
Double Heat Sinks: 15 [30]
Cockpit: Small Cockpit
Gyro: Standard Gyro

Internal: 122 (Endo-Steel)
Armor: 247/247 (Ferro-Fibrous)
Internal Armor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 23 35
Center Torso (rear) 11
Right Torso 16 24
Right Torso (rear) 8
Left Torso 16 24
Left Torso (rear) 8
Front Right Leg 16 32
Front Left Leg 16 32
Rear Right Leg 16 32
Rear Left Leg 16 32

Weapons Loc Heat
Large Pulse Laser RT 10
Large Pulse Laser LT 10
Large Pulse Laser HD 10
Flamer CT 3

Equipment Loc
Targeting Computer LT
ghostrider
03/04/14 08:34 PM

armor location is the only way to tell this is a quad.

It is usable in the field.
Retry
03/04/14 08:35 PM

You can also look at my fluff which says it's a quad.
Retry
03/04/14 08:37 PM

And "usable" is a bit of an understatement. It is easily a match for the Mad Cat.
ghostrider
03/04/14 08:45 PM

with the tc it is more accurate then most of the versions.
For the ppc streak version i would say it would likely beat it.
with the other versions, it is a toss up. Terrain would be a big factor.
In the open, you could get in a few shots before the madcat got close enough to bring the rest of the weapons to bear.
Though the erppc one could keep out of your range while plucking away.

Not knowing the rules of the torso mounted weapons on a quad are an issue for me. If you cann't fire behind you, I would give a non clan played cat the advantage.
Karagin
03/04/14 08:45 PM

Not a match for a Mad Cat, more like a target for a Timber Wolf.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
ghostrider
03/04/14 08:48 PM

Basically is a timberwolf with small cockpit and jets.
Just not a normal variant of one.
Retry
03/04/14 08:50 PM

MM, your timberwolf of your choice vs this mech.

Ah, wait, you have something against it.

Anyone else then?
Karagin
03/04/14 10:19 PM

Why would I play a computer based game that is NOT the board game? Oh wait I wouldn't since its' not the official game thus not something to worry about.

Now if you were to be willing to play at a convention we could meet at then sure. And Yes I think the Timber Wolf can take down your mech, any version the 75 ton Timber Wolf.
Karagin

Retry
03/04/14 10:23 PM

Why would I play the board game when I could play on the CPU and avoid all the hassles, which in such a case includes interstate travel, associated with the board game?

What's funny is that you won't even try it at all to assess the accuracy it has with portrayal of the rules.
Karagin
03/04/14 10:31 PM

Let me break it down for you, it's a computer game, where a user can make changes to the files thus the ability to cheat is FAR EASIER then the table top game, and let me break it down even further for you, I would rather play face to face thus getting to know the person on a human level and have a social interface in a manner that allows folks to have fun and increase friendships.

Also it's not an official product of BT, it's a fan made system, you can tout all you want about how it follows the rules, it is not an official product.

Now really what do you have against playing face to face? Is it too hard for you? If it's about having actually miniatures, no need to worry, plenty of proxy items or other mechs to use.

I just don't understand your need to play online when there is a world of people out there to meet and have a good time playing against in a fun and friendly game.
Karagin

Retry
03/04/14 10:44 PM

What's your average battletech game length?

Have you actually gone through and changed the files before to know it would be far easier to cheat?

Have you never misplaced or messed up a rule due to misunderstanding of said rule?

Do you use Double Blind?

And yes, I'm not enthusiastic on the concept of traversing multiple states to play a face-to-face game.
Karagin
03/04/14 10:50 PM

I have used double blind rules, it was fun. Not a big hit with my group, but fun.

I know how easy it is to tweak files for many games, adjusting things cause you feel they need tweaking, and given that it is not a locked system then it's not 100% free of the chance to cheat.

Misplaced a rule, how does one misplace a rule, since you agree to what set of rules you are using, like you agree to what tech is in play etc...ALL before starting. Rule mishaps happen as do misunderstandings, which lead to folks tweaking things in the computer games, so are you saying Retry that folks are going misunderstand rules just to mess up the game while playing face to face?

Average game depending on the size of the force, two hours to four hours. Anything longer and we have it planned out and play when we can and keep track of things with pictures and marking of maps as where each mech etc...was. Really simple system. Then again, I don't worry so much about playing time since I am also there to meet new folks or catch up with old friends as well.
Karagin

Retry
03/04/14 11:00 PM

Well, at least someone in the forums recently scoffed when I said hovercraft slipped on open ground, and could slip into forests on accident which would immobilize it.

For "many games". Yet you don't confirm it by trying it yourself.

Confirm it or leave it.

I don't play battletech to meet new people. I don't need nor want to.

I can play a 1 on 1 vs the computer in 5 minutes. 4 on 4 in 30. 3 on 3 vs. a human in 30. Three on three lances in a couple hours.
Karagin
03/04/14 11:09 PM

Congratulations on your ability to play via computer and not wanting to me new people.

How many rules have you forgotten Retry? Or ignored?

I have tried MegaMek, Bob Richter asked me to and I found it to be buggy and a waste of time, now that was many years ago, sure the game has gotten better, but again it's not Battletech so really not worth the worry about it. And seeing how I don't need to cheat to win or min/max to win I guess that if you have to see proof cheating to vindicate things then I guess that is how you play your games.

Again your mech here can be taken down by a decent player with any configuration of a Timber Wolf, either one from the original TRO3050 or any player picked set of weapons that match the pod space of the Omni.
Karagin

Retry
03/04/14 11:27 PM

There's a lot of rules to forget, and probably many I still don't know exist.

I've been playing only about half a year ago, and have had few problems with it. It seems to follow every PDF source on the internet quite well. Very well. I've also seen positive feedback on Megamek from people other than me, so they must be getting at least most of it right.

As someone said, "It is relatively easy to modify files/cheat. It's very, very difficult to do so w/o anyone noticing."

And apparently it's impossible to cheat when using something like megamekNET, where it happens on a 3rd party host anyways.

Again, prove it boy.
ghostrider
03/04/14 11:28 PM

I have questions about megamek.
I have seen more then a few games were it only targets the closest unit. Taking a spider and jumping back and forth would cause the enemy to target just it. I had other units further back that were alot easier to hit, but they would never get fired on.

Another issue seems to be the ability to house an entire regiment of ba in one hex. And the fact that the computer will not even target them when there is a mech on the field.
The use of weapons and munitions seem to be out of whack as well. But then that would take actually paying attention to things like to hits for both sides.

Infantry changes makes things even worse. Some srm troops would beat alot of mechs out there in a city without even trying.
Retry
03/04/14 11:33 PM

The AI isn't that smart. I think there is a "princess" AI which lets you modify it's behavior.

I think it targets enemies that it can do the most damage to now.

Either way, it's best to play against a human opponent, which Megamek DOES support.

Idk what version MM you have now, but the version I have, one of the newest, it's impossible to stack BA. Minus buildings ofc.
Karagin
03/04/14 11:33 PM

Really Retry did you just call me "boy"? I think you might want to step back and think about your comment there.

As for cheating it will happen, it happens in the board, but it's easier to catch. And you are bring in another computer system? Wow, how many more are out there?

Feedback on a gaming forum is like feedback on eBay...your miliage will vary as to what it actually means.
Karagin

Retry
03/04/14 11:38 PM

Yes, I called you boy. And you claimed that...
"and if you can't win you do all you can to hurt the other side out of spite?"
And you're complaining that I said "prove it boy"?

It's easier to catch eh? You speak as though you've played Megamek more than just a couple years ago on a buggy version.
Karagin
03/04/14 11:42 PM

So now you are using name calling to attack someone because they don't just agree with your designs or your theories of how things should be. Nice to see that.

Claiming that you like to win at all cost etc...is based on how you have commented and how your designs are made. You min/max things and then tell us all how we should use DHS even if the design doesn't need them, or how we should use stealth cause it better and we are wrong for not doing so. And now you have come down to base levels and started to use name calling. Great counter.
Karagin

ghostrider
03/04/14 11:47 PM

You haven't had the ai fire ac 20's against a unit at a range of 9, only to have it switch to the ac 2's at a range of touch?

really got bad at times.
Retry
03/04/14 11:52 PM

Please, name-calling. "Boy" isn't name-calling.

And saying "you like to be an **** when you lose" when you haven't even witnessed me losing a game of battletech/megamek/whatever is practically flaming. You don't get a free pass on that, especially when you are complain about a single word of a pretty nowadays common phrase.

The thing is, you don't just say you don't want it, you say it wouldn't be useful, which IS wrong, often very wrong.
Karagin
03/04/14 11:58 PM

How is it flamming? I have not attacked you personally, just your designs and your whole "either it's this or you are wrong" theories about designs, the one who is pushing this into a flamming area, is you and your comment of boy.

And yes using the term boy is name calling.
Karagin

Retry
03/04/14 11:58 PM

The thing with the AI is irrelevant. It's just a feature that's not necessarily perfected. Real people can still play each other on it.
Retry
03/04/14 11:59 PM

"and if you can't win you do all you can to hurt the other side out of spite?"

That is a personal attack Karagin.
Karagin
03/05/14 12:00 AM

No Retry it was a question for you to answer about your style of play and design, since your approach to things seems to fall into the area of power gamer.
Karagin

ghostrider
03/05/14 12:12 AM

if you get to go to a convention, they will be able to handle all the questions there are. Granted neither of you may be happy that certain things you are used to are not available there.
It would solve any issues of wrong doing.
It would be a problem of time as well.

I was gonna be a smart ****, but don't want to have any issues with homeland security for a stupid joke.
Karagin
03/05/14 12:19 AM

I have no issue playing a scenario with pre-set units. That is part of the fun, at least for me. Many of the scenarios in the old scenario books are a lot of fun. My group had a blast with the Twycross scenario pack. Ran three of the scenarios from that one had some interesting outcomes.
Karagin

Retry
03/05/14 12:25 AM

What that is, is a hostile remark phrased as a question.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 24632

Contact Admins Sarna.net