Archer IIC

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Karagin
03/04/02 04:56 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
GET THE HINT:

I don't want to talk to him at all. So if he wants to comment away fine. I am not going to reply to his posts or replies on anything, mainly because I am sick of his repeated attacks and that no matter what he is alway right or at least has something to say about everything that get's posted.

So you can poke fun at this but that is where I stand. If he (Bob) doesn't like it then tough.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Bob_Richter
03/04/02 04:59 PM

-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Bob_Richter
03/04/02 05:01 PM

Humblest apologies, good sir.

I suppose I can avoid answering his attacks (on this thread at least) from now on.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
CrayModerator
03/04/02 06:04 PM

Well, yes, the world would be a lesser place without my omniscience.

And I'm sorry you can't recognize a personal observation (as opposed to a statement of fact) when it's laid out in front of you with a roadmap.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
CrayModerator
03/04/02 06:08 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Karagin, you crack me up. You have the power, the TOTAL POWER, to avoid Bob's comments and "2 cents", but you keep coming back for more. Hypocrite.

Anyway, Hellbringer, to be productive on this thread I'd like to comment that...
1) I don't like XLs. But it's a Clan mech, so it's tolerable.
2) Not enough missiles. A Clan Archer should be stuffed to the gills with LRMs.
3) Interesting touch with the pulse large lasers. ISTR an Archer variant like that. Makes the Archer quite a bit meaner when the ammo runs low and bad guys get near.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Greyslayer
03/04/02 11:05 PM

Similar to the Night Gyr D except the Night Gyr D is nastier for its LRMs not its pulse lasers. You are correct though, with the use of the XL Engine there should be no reason why there are not like 4 x LRM 15s on the chassis.

Greyslayer
Nightmare
03/05/02 12:31 AM

LRM-15s? Why, when you can mount four LRM-20s?
And that`s without an XL engine
Advice for Evil Overlords:
My legions of terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.
Greyslayer
03/05/02 01:27 AM

I did set it as a minimum. Hey that reminds me of an old Hunchback IIC refit I thought of years back throwing 4 LRM20s on it instead of the UAC 20s. Can't remember where the rest of the tonnage when though. Maybe it finially got some armour or something. It is rediculous the amount of firepower capable on a clam chassis.

Greyslayer
Karagin
01/18/07 10:03 AM

Again as I said this one got the treatment via MFNA, and yours doesn't differ that much.

Your fluff is a lot better and you did give it SRMs, which is a difference but not sure how that would be much of one.
Karagin

strife
01/18/07 07:19 PM

I love flame'n lamers! Anyways, why not drop the engine down to 3/5 and give it more launchers, where the hell is a long-range support mech gonna go in such a hurry? It sits there so It down't miss.
Its not gonna outflank anybody, after all.
"caliber fifty JUSTICE!"
Karagin
01/18/07 07:43 PM

Good point, on the other hand I think the Archer is suppose to be mobile enough to keep up with the flow of the battle so it can keep supplying long range support.
Karagin

Nightward
01/22/07 03:52 AM

Criticals. I suppose you could solve that problem by also not using advanced armour or internal structure, but to be honest I find that Heavies really do need to move at least 4/6- particularly if you're playing Wolf. 5/8 movers in Wolf units can cause real problems with unit cohesion.

'Sides, I really love the old ARC. It's more of an homage than anything else.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 67 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 18596

Contact Admins Sarna.net