@LRM20 Artemis IV: LT/1/1
@LRM20 Artemis IV: RT/1/1
@LRM20 Artemis IV: RT/1/1
Streak SRM2: LT/1/1
Streak SRM2: RT/1/1
@Streak SRM2: RT/1/1

Cost: 14,726,874
Battle Value: 1,953

Before Clan Coyote developed the Omnimech, technitians of Clan Steel Viper were working on an upgraded version of everyone's favorite missle carrier. Only one prototype Archer IIC had been put together by the time the Omnimech was made available to the other Clans. After this the Archer IIC project was dropped, but the plans were not destroyed. The technitians wanted to bring the Archer out of its role as a long range support mech and into a more frontline brawler position. It is only natural that this prototype would lead to the development of the Mad Dog Omnimech.
"But it SHOULD be a spectacle! It should be grand and exciting to us all! I'd hate to think that we've become so jaded that we find even our greatest tiumph, resurrecting the Star League, simply one more obligation."
-General Victor Steiner-Davion (First Prince and Archon in exile) 3064
Karagin
02/28/02 12:50 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Interesting, but this as already been done via MFNA.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Bob_Richter
02/28/02 03:28 PM

And my answer is "so _______ what!"

Who CARES what Mechforce has done, and why is it a reason to bash fan-created stuff, which is no less official than Mechforce stuff.

I often prefer the work of non-Mechforce fans, so leave 'im be.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Bob_Richter
02/28/02 03:29 PM

Amusing.

Not where I would have gone with it, but I can certainly see the Clans wanting to do that.

Good job.

They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
Hellbringer
02/28/02 08:01 PM

I might sound like an idiot, but what is Mechforce?
"But it SHOULD be a spectacle! It should be grand and exciting to us all! I'd hate to think that we've become so jaded that we find even our greatest tiumph, resurrecting the Star League, simply one more obligation."
Nightmare
03/01/02 12:16 AM

Why not increase the number of LRM-20 launchers to four?
Standard engine, Endo Steel, four ER Medium Lasers and
four Clan LRM 20s with 3 tons ammo per launcher.
Keep only 10 (20) DHS, slap on 13,5 tons armor and add a
Clan ECM suit in the head. Instant Archer!

Mass: 70 tons
Chassis: Endo Steel
Power Plant: 280
Cruising Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Standard
Armament:
Unknown
Manufacturer(s):
Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting & Tracking System: Unknown

Type: Archer IIC
Technology Base: Clan
Tonnage: 70

Equipment Mass
Internal Structure: ES 3.5
Engine: 280 16.0
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: 10 [20] 0
Gyro: 3
Cockpit: 3
Armor Factor: 216 13.5
Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head: 3 9
Center Torso: 22 33
Center Torso (Rear): 11
R/L Torso: 15 22
R/L Torso (Rear): 7
R/L Arm: 11 22
R/L Leg: 15 30

BV : 1960 Cost : 8372274
Weapons and Ammo Location Critical Heat Mass
ER Medium Laser RA 1 5 1.0
ER Medium Laser LA 1 5 1.0
ER Medium Laser CTR 1 5 1.0
ER Medium Laser CTR 1 5 1.0
LRM-20 RT 4 6 5.0
LRM-20 RT 4 6 5.0
@LRM-20 (18) RT 3 0 3.0
LRM-20 LT 4 6 5.0
LRM-20 LT 4 6 5.0
@LRM-20 (18) LT 3 0 3.0
ECM Suite H 1 0 1.0
*** ACTUATORS RA RH LA LH
*** ES RT1 LT1 RA3 LA2

Advice for Evil Overlords:
My legions of terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.
Bob_Richter
03/01/02 04:01 AM

The FASA-sponsored official Battletech club(s,) now defunct.

Karagin
03/03/02 04:59 PM

Thank you for your input, but do the desire not to argue with you am asking YOU not to respond to any of my posting in any thread.

Thank you.
Karagin

Greyslayer
03/03/02 05:21 PM

Bob had a right to say that about MFNA. Not everyone who has played Battletech has ever seen an issue or even know what it stands for. As long as it is not exactly the same this could in fact be a variant of the MFNA Archer IIC or their own universe version of the Archer IIC. As far as most players with any reasoning ability are concerned MFNA is not official enough to discount a person using the name.

Greyslayer
Bob_Richter
03/03/02 05:46 PM

Karagin, if you don't want to argue with me, then it is only necessary for YOU not to respond to MY posts. For my part, I have no qualms about arguing with you.

Karagin
03/03/02 06:53 PM

As far as MFNA goes it was a simple pointing out that idea has been done once before.

As for Bob's comments, it's simple, he wants to do nothing but argue, so I am not going to comment on them, and so I have asked him NOT to post his comments on mine. I am sorry if he can not understand a simple request but that is not my concerne.
Karagin

Greyslayer
03/03/02 07:02 PM

Sometimes Bob has a valid point (I did say sometimes! ). I see no reason beyond the fact that BOTH of you get into an argument as to why either of you can reply to each other. If he doesn't stop replying to your posts as you wish it to be then stop trying to put the last word in still. The game of one-upmanship you two continually embark on is obviously something you don't enjoy.

Greyslayer
Karagin
03/03/02 08:56 PM

Point taken, and as of today I am not commenting on him anymore. He can do as he wants but I will not respond to anything he posts again.
Karagin

Karagin
03/03/02 09:21 PM

The ponit is also that others on this board, my self included have done up several version of the Archer IIC...
Karagin

Bob_Richter
03/03/02 11:43 PM

I refuse your request. I'm not going to shut up just because you ask me to.

Responding to me indirectly just looks silly.

Bob_Richter
03/03/02 11:44 PM

If you didn't, I wouldn't feel the loss. As it is, you're responding to me indirectly, which is childish and stupid.

One or the other, Karagin. You can't have both.

Hellbringer
03/04/02 10:23 AM

If you surats are going to flame each other, do it in another room. Stop giving me hopes that any USEFUL comments have been made about my post. I will have you in a Circle of Equals FREEBIRTH!!!!!
Hellbringer
03/04/02 10:27 AM

If you surats are going to flame each other, do it in your own stravag thread. Quit making my think that someone has made a USEFUL comment about my post. I will have you in a Circle of Equals, FREEBIRTH!!!!!
CrayModerator
03/04/02 11:02 AM

Then don't respond. The power of avoiding an argument with Bob was clearly in your hands - and you blew it by responding.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
CrayModerator
03/04/02 11:04 AM

So? Everyone's entitled to do their version of an Archer IIC up until it gets into a Technical Readout.

THEN everyone's entitled to improve upon it.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
03/04/02 12:06 PM

No sorry I didn't respond I pointed out that I will not be respond to his BS and would like him NOT to comment as to avoid the chance of anything happening, seems that he can't even honor a simple request.
Karagin

Karagin
03/04/02 12:09 PM

There was a useful comment made, I pointed out that the folks at Mechforce had come up with a version of an Archer IIC. And that seems to be the bases most, not all, players use when comparing other version of the mech to. Yours has better long range firer power overall, but having the large pulses, seems to change the role of the mech, but that is up to you. Like with my Longbow IIC, I increased the speed of the mech as the single biggest change and I was told that changes it's role.

So if you want the stats of the Archer IIC from MFNA I can post them here for you and you can compare the two.
Karagin

CrayModerator
03/04/02 01:11 PM

You message was made in reply to Bob's. You asked for this debate with your lack of restraint.

Karagin
03/04/02 01:23 PM

No sorry. Tyr again. I asked him NOT to reply to my posts. Maybe you should stop defending him and look at how he posts.
Karagin

Hellbringer
03/04/02 03:22 PM

I did not say "Do not post useful things" I said, "Stop freaking flaming each other, SURAT!!!!!!!!!!!"
CrayModerator
03/04/02 03:23 PM

>And that seems to be the bases most, not all, players use when comparing other version of the mech to.

Actually, I can't think I've seen an Archer IIC thread before this one where someone said "That differs from the MF model this, this, and that ways."

Actually again, I rarely see MF mechs mentioned at all. You're the first person I've seen do so regularly, Karagin.

Bob_Richter
03/04/02 04:00 PM

That constitutes responding.

If you want me not to respond to you, it is only necessary not to post.

No lesser measure will have the effect you claim to desire.

Karagin
03/04/02 04:29 PM

You know I am glad that you know everything.
Karagin

Karagin
03/04/02 04:30 PM

Get him to stop adding his two cents where it's not want and I am sure things will not go to the flame side of the discussion.
Karagin

Nightward
03/04/02 04:40 PM

Ye Gods.

What are you both, like 12? You hijack this poor bastard's post thread and turn it into a venue for your own vendettas.

This is a forum, fellas. At the moment this place is being maintained only at Slayer's sufferance, and we want to stay on his good side. If you want to argue, do it by PM or E-Mail.

Arguing here makes you both look infantile.

And when *I* am marvelling at the immaturity...well...
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Extra information
1 registered and 275 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 18644

Contact Admins Sarna.net