BV1, BV2..... why no improvement?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
07/16/08 12:40 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
This topic has nothing to do with BV in Tournies. It has to do with BV used anywhere.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Greyslayer
07/16/08 03:15 AM

Quote:

This topic has nothing to do with BV in Tournies. It has to do with BV used anywhere.

Reading helps.

When I raised the issue I specifically discussed its failure in relation to tourneys 3 times and then discussed units values and the changes each system made to those values.

In fact there was no discussion raised outside of tourney use for this question in the initial post I made.

No discussion of 'I use huge army of VTALs (I sorry but do you mean VTOL?)' to protect my munchie silly-designed homeworld.

Many players have been looking for a method to play a tactical game on the same level be that through tonnage calculations which we are generally forced to use due to the buggyness of the BV system but like many systems you only field the same units in most scenarios or some other method but ultimately this nerfs units like vehicles since ton for ton vehicles are no match for mechs (except maybe units like Savannah Master or maybe J Edgar Hovercraft).

What I believe many players do not want though is a click-tech style game but if they so want can have the flexibility of a pure mech army or change varying degrees of the army with battlearmour and vehicles. I had hopes that BV1s obvious flaws would be fixed in BV2 but from what I have seen so far the issue seems to have gotten worse.

This does not mean it cannot be rectified. Just that so far it has failed to meet expectations.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
07/16/08 10:15 PM

The problem is there is no true fix. BV will never be what you want it to be. The is no way short of the ultimate artificial Intelligence super computer that can figure all the possible variables that can happen. Your just going to live with what they came up with for BV.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Newtype
10/24/08 11:43 AM

I would like for the large vessel multiplier to be omitted (erroneously distorts BV). And for ammo BV to be not erroneously high so that ballistic, missile, and artillery weapons don't get erroneously unequal when compared to energy weapons of same damage & range & to-hit probability.
http://www.gp.org
http://www.VoteSwift.org
DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
1 registered and 197 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 20067

Contact Admins Sarna.net