Auto-cannon Measurements

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
CrayModerator
03/25/02 06:21 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
95% at least. Millimeters are very dominant in BT literature, except in Coleman's works.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
03/25/02 06:22 PM

That was what I was trying to pointing, but that was missed on some parties...

90-95% of the time the caliber is in milimeters.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Karagin
03/25/02 06:27 PM

The 20mm comment is this, the guns on an armored car for the most part are magazine feed autocannons, SIMILAR to the ACs in the game, BUT not on the same size scale. The next thing that can be compared to the ACs is the single shot main guns of a tank. What I was suggesting was for YOU, Cray to go and look over some books that cover armored cars and their weapons so you would see that the ACs are not burping a cloud of round as you are suggesting...

Thus enter the Vulcan commnet, the ACs fire out a stream of rounds, and based on some of the older mech pictures those rounds seem to be belt feed systems and some seem to be magazine feed, just like some of the ACs on WW2 armored cars...do you follow me know or do you want more info?
Karagin

CrayModerator
03/25/02 06:30 PM

Your initial statement was not a "most of the time," it was an absolute: "Where did you read the AC where measured in centimeters? The BMR-R states that the size is millimeters NOT centimeters."

I objected to that. The BMR-R does not say, "only millimeters are used," nor are are other BT sources lack in non-mm bore measurements. Your current position on the matter I have nothing wrong with.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
03/25/02 06:31 PM

My postion has not changed, the rule book gives it milimeters and the authors use that as well so it is milimeters that they are in. I don't care if the godling Coleman wants to change them, the rule book gives the facts.

Karagin

CrayModerator
03/25/02 06:34 PM

For the love of God, THAT IS EXACTLY THE POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE!!!!

I got the impression Branden thought ACs fired *single* shells per turn. I was trying to make the point they fired more than one - anything more than one, including "a stream of rounds". I WAS SAYING THE SAME THING AS YOU!!!!!

CrayModerator
03/25/02 06:35 PM

>the rule book gives the facts.

I agree with that, yes, but the rule book does not say, "ACs are only measured in millimeters." It just gives example ranges coincidentally measured in millimeters.

Karagin
03/25/02 06:37 PM

Fine you win game over...
Karagin

NathanKell
03/25/02 06:40 PM

Ah, light dawns
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
KG_Brandenburg
03/25/02 07:56 PM

1st of all, DOES it matter ppl. 1 cm is equal to 10 mm.If it doesnt actually change the rules of play then it is irelevent

How many cultures are displayed in the BT universe. well there are 5 houses w/ each its own identity not to mention all the minor kingdoms in the periphery.In saying that, IT is hightly plausable that not all of the cultures adhere to the same unit of measurement.

Use allittle comon sence. Does calling a weapon in cm or mm make that weapon stronger\weaker or intitle it to different attributes????. Didnt think so,there for it is a mute point as it is not in vialation to any of the rules as they are the same thing.

CASE CLOSED

Dig were im commin from there. Ive been real cool w/ all of ya but enough is enough. If ya wanna flame others go right ahead. I donot care in the least bit.Just watch were all of ya are aiming ya's"flame"thrower HUH

I only tried to answer the original question at hand and i have done so to the best of my ability. Not to be a smart ass or to increase my own reputation or ego but i did it to try to help. Nothing more.Besides, my ego is far too big allready, but as someone has told me it is a "Earned" ego

As for the modern weapon battle mech coallation. If its big or small it doesnt much matter i would think as a large gun works the exact same as a smaller gun. Only difference is its size and its effect that it produces on its target.

"An ally must be watched just like a enemy"

Branden
Chunga
03/25/02 08:35 PM

I've found that he's usually right, that's why I listen.

You on the other hand......
Karagin
03/25/02 08:38 PM

Welp...seeing how this is more or less over, I think we can close the lid, and finish shovling the dirt over the grave...
Karagin

Chunga
03/25/02 08:39 PM

Blaming Cray.

That's rich.
Karagin
03/25/02 08:40 PM

Did you miss the part were we ended all of this finally?
Karagin

Chunga
03/25/02 08:40 PM

You trying to be helpful?

Are they ice skating in hell this week?
Karagin
03/25/02 08:42 PM

Would you like fries with your oder? No. That will be $5.50 please pull around to the first window.
Karagin

The_Ogre
03/27/02 08:32 AM

Karagin-

Do you understand that millimeters and centimeters are the same thing?

"We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker!"
The_Ogre
03/28/02 11:20 PM

In reply to:

You seem to think you have the only correct opinion on this topic and why is that?

Peer pressure?

Karagin- you won't listen to anyone.

Just be cool, and people will stop wishing that you'd step on a land mine...
"We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker!"
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 83 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 36203

Contact Admins Sarna.net