MechWarrior: Dark Age

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
rock
06/26/02 04:11 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I agree "big boobs" are highly over-rated. Many, many, many years ago I had a girlfriend with 44Ds. I was the envy of all my friends. I on the other-hand was not impressed.

I married a woman with 34Bs and I have been very happy.

The one thing I will say about my old girlfriend; her 44s were natural. Today, a girl with a set of 44s are more than likely artificially enhanced.
Durango
06/26/02 04:23 PM

Hey! Are we gonna talk about how much Mage Tech sux, or are we going to talk about boobs?!?

"BOOBS!"

Well, alright then! I like 'em too...but Mage Tech is still going to suck...

My problem is that my local shop won't give me any time to set up Battletech Games...they take huge chunks of time out of the middle of the days on the weekend, set 'em up for Magic:The I-Have-Too-Darnn-Many-Cards-Addiction... Then, they charge to have games there on weeknights.

A good game of Battletech needs a contiguous chunk of at least 3 hours...I can't get it, so I can't get the exposure!

Conspiracy, anyone?
rock
06/26/02 04:53 PM

I do not know about conspiracy, but I do know that in my area of the country Mage Knight has fallen by the wayside.

My three sons and I bought a couple (more like several) hundred dollars worth of Mage Knight and really enjoyed the game. My concern for Dark Age is that collectable click-based games may have run their course.

The stores do not stock Hero-click in anywhere near the quantity that they used to stock Mage Knight. What I think may happen is that Dark Age may unfortunately tank.

I do know that my two oldest children are Mechwarrior computer/video game players and that they have told me they want to play with Battlemechs, not with tanks or infantry. So there are at least two kids (ages 11 & 15) not the least bit interested in playing Dark Age.

I am not sure who WizKids market is aimed at, but my two computer/video kids must not be their market.

Edited by rock (06/26/02 05:31 PM)
Karagin
06/26/02 04:58 PM

Your kids are who they claim to be aimming their market at...10 to 14 year old kids who have mom and dad to buyt the stuff for them. Though most kids I know have an allowence and even then they don't get enough to drop $20 bucks on a starter set and then $10 per booster set.

But as been said they don't seem to want us the older hardcore and loyal fans...nope they would rather have the easy come and easy go market of teenagers who will lose interest the second some thing new comes out...

And we will see 10 and under playing MWDA instead of the actually market and gain the parents will be the ones buying the toys...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
MacLeod
06/26/02 05:00 PM

That's today's market for you. It's all about quantity over quality, more money and customers over the better customers, who now have fallen by the wayside.

It's really depressing. ...
Drugs don't kill people, pancreatic cancer kills people.

... and whoever heard of a drug that causes pancreatic cancer?
rock
06/26/02 05:19 PM

The thing is if WizKids wanted to get my children to play DarkAge all they would have to do is put four mechs in box.

WizKids could use the same distribution of commons, rares, and uniques that they use in Mage Knight. i.e. Farm-mechs and light-mechs extremely common, meduim-mechs much less common, heavy-mechs very rare, and assault-mechs unique.

The above was told me by my 15-year old. If WizKids did the above, my wallet would be empty. Why WizKids wants tanks and infantry is beyond me or my two oldest children.

By the way the DarkAge timeline does not bother me too much, because I can always mine it for ideas. I will purchase any source books or technical readouts that Fan Pro puts out for DarkAge.

Edited by rock (06/26/02 05:30 PM)
MacLeod
06/26/02 05:22 PM

That's a good point. More 'Mechs would help improve the game. I'll agree with you on those bits. I don't care for their new timeline myself, but if the new sourcebooks or anything they put out has anything cool in it, then you'll see me buying it.
Drugs don't kill people, pancreatic cancer kills people.

... and whoever heard of a drug that causes pancreatic cancer?
rock
06/26/02 05:24 PM

I agree.

Edited by rock (06/26/02 05:29 PM)
Durango
06/28/02 02:12 PM

In reply to:

The thing is if WizKids wanted to get my children to play DarkAge all they would have to do is put four mechs in box.

WizKids could use the same distribution of commons, rares, and uniques that they use in Mage Knight. i.e. Farm-mechs and light-mechs extremely common, meduim-mechs much less common, heavy-mechs very rare, and assault-mechs unique.

The above was told me by my 15-year old. If WizKids did the above, my wallet would be empty. Why WizKids wants tanks and infantry is beyond me or my two oldest children.

I'm kind of thinking that your kids aren't the typical target market Wizkids is after. After all, your kids have already been expose to real Battletech. They want kids who don't know what a great game is.

And as for why they are selling extraneous plastic with the "Mechs", well...they want to sell more plastic. That's why they include "Vehicles" and "Infantry". (Elementary, my dear Watson.)

SuperCharger
06/30/02 02:20 AM

>>Okay, if you do look at the site, you will see that the MinerMech has an SRM-4 and the ForestMech or AgroMech has an autocannon.<<

Sorry 'bout that. I didn't pay much attention to the recent stuff on the non-BattleMechs. Last I heard, it was up in the air about whether those were real autocannons or smaller ACs not really in league with the ACs we're all used to. And I didn't know they could SRMs at all; I wasn't sure they were big enough to carry them. I stand corrected.
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
2 registered and 39 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 12451

Contact Admins Sarna.net